NZNL Season 6 - Race 2 - American Raceway

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

NZNL Season 6 - Race 2 - American Raceway

Post by Inspector » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:22 am

Thread for Race 2 of the New Zealand Nascar Leagues 6th Season.

Download the billboards and graphics update for the league for American Raceway Attatched to this post

This race is proudly Sponsored by: Odie - The donator of the 1st, 2nd & 3rd place trophies. (For the 4th season in a row!!)

Race 2 brings to the American Speedway where one move off of the racing line in the turns could lead to many tears.

There was a fluke after race 1, where we found SimTV atop of the team standings and the DuDs are out to knock them off.

Bazz continued with his dominance of last season and now seems to have his stuff together by winning races and possibly another championship. Prometheus has shown that last seasons improved performance will carry over into this season. He has stated that the new wheel is what has done the trick, but I believe that it is the woman and the fact that he does not have to worry about creating a video every week. Odie has started the season in his usually top 5 place, but the question is will he have connection problems that trouble him last season. Mattly and Viking round out the top 5 in points to show that Voda is back with a strong team presence and they will not stop until they are atop the team points.

Take not of the pit entrance and that there is only one option of entering the pits; otherwise you will receive a black flag and your race will pretty much be over.

Drivers that will not be qualifying:

Bazz
Prometheus
Odie
Mattly
Viking

Written by Odie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Inspector on Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Inspector

---

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:24 am

Let's do this thing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
YouTube videos

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:28 am

:look: :I
"If he gets any wider, he'll be racing in the carpark!" - Aaron Drever

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:07 pm

I have done the billboards / buildings / grandstands etc updates, just download the file attatched to the first post and extract the files directly into the americanraceway track folder :)
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:12 am

Snake has "beefed" up his car for Wednesdays race, including fitting the new "Clear the road" front bumper system first patented by Team Google but the rights have since been bought out by SlimTV......

;p
Inspector

---

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:19 am

Flyboy puts a whole new meaning to the "keeping the wood in" expression with the release today of his new and improved aerowoodnamic wing system........

;p
Inspector

---

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:43 pm

There's a great article here about the fitness required by Nascar drivers. Heart rate of @180bpm, but no mention of where to put the glass of wine or beer while driving :rolleyes: I just don't understand these guys !
YouTube videos

Noon416

Post by Noon416 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:02 pm

Thats what they made IV lines for....

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:23 am

Race day :D

Good luck hoebags ;p
Wah Wah Wah

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:30 am

Enjoy the random bump in turn 2. I shall be throwing my toys and leaving the event should that strike me.

Why we are running tracks with bugs (RIKI is another with bugs we have all talked about and acknowledged), when there are so many tracks without bugs is quite beyond me.

But I look forward to it anyway.

Another clean and fun Rookie Race followed later by the usual Googling :rolleyes:

:)
"Run Yasmine Run"

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:02 am

We know how it really annoys you Unbound, but look on the bright side, you can use this track as your excuse for a crap season. ;)
Master Mattly
Team Voda
I wanna go fast

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:04 am

For those who need a reminder, there's a short video up at SimracerHQ showing the graceful pitting made in the last race :D
YouTube videos

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:44 am

Mattly wrote:We know how it really annoys you Unbound, but look on the bright side, you can use this track as your excuse for a crap season. ;)
No no, I will be putting the blame exactly where it lies this season. If ppl cant get their shit together, they will hear about it :)

Besides, the only reason Im back for this one is to beat you Mattly _b
"Run Yasmine Run"

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:42 am

There's more things to worry about like googles and team duvet taking themsleves out infront of you than a dodgy corner on a track ;p
:>

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:17 pm

UnbounD wrote:
Another clean and fun Rookie Race followed later by the usual Googling :rolleyes:

:)
You do realise that all 4 members of team Google also run in the Rookie race, O_o . If you get "Googled" then chances are you deserve it ;p

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:24 pm

Im sorry, its just a term that we use. In my dictionary under google, is a nice big piccy of Mikool.
;)
Best you fellas change your name next season, its the only way youll shake the Hoodoo!
"Run Yasmine Run"

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:34 pm

UnbounD wrote:Im sorry, its just a term that we use. In my dictionary under google, is a nice big piccy of Mikool.
;)
Best you fellas change your name next season, its the only way youll shake the Hoodoo!
No need to apologise, i know all the ribbing we get in the forums is friendly banter ( well i hope it is anyway ) ;) as for a name change, I dont think so..... it took ages to earn the reputation we have, dont want to start all over again :D We will break the hoodoo with our performance on the track...... or cause mayhem trying anyway ;p

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:42 pm

Big Al wrote:
UnbounD wrote:Im sorry, its just a term that we use. In my dictionary under google, is a nice big piccy of Mikool.
;)
No need to apologise, i know all the ribbing we get in the forums is friendly banter ( well i hope it is anyway ) ;) as for a name change, I dont think so..... it took ages to earn the reputation we have, dont want to start all over again :D We will break the hoodoo with our performance on the track...... or cause mayhem trying anyway ;p
You could changed your name to team mlc or wheelie bins ;p
Wah Wah Wah

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:50 pm

Snake Rogers wrote:
Big Al wrote:
;)
You could changed your name to team mlc or wheelie bins ;p
I doubt we will ever get that desperate ;p

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:20 pm

Pre-race story has be written and posted under Inspectors post.
Odie

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:52 pm

Skuzzelbut will miss this weeks race due to another overseas work trip so will recieve points for one place below tonights last place.

Are there any other drivers not able to make tonights race because of work commitments etc?

Remember guys that the VRC league runs before the InSPire Net league and all drivers are welcome in that race. We encourage the involvement of the senior drivers to help the new drivers learn to compete with many other cars around them and too offer advise and tips etc to them. Although senior drivers are not scoring points in the league they need to drive hard out because casual drivers lose concentration and cause accidents. If you are going to race in the VRC league then race to win. Your points will be removed from the standings and the registered drivers will move up into your spot.

It is great to see the commitment shown by the new drivers, noteably the Team Nua guys who have been practicing hard mid week and will be looking great in their new cars this week. I see these guys moving up to the InSPire league next season as a team and putting the rest of us under pressure in no time.

VRC league starts official practice at 6.30pm and qualify is at 7.30pm.
Inspector

---

GarethRobinson

Post by GarethRobinson » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:07 pm

I will be holding a drivers meeting for the VRC League race tonight at 7:10-7:15pm on Ventrillo. Those racing in the VRC race are asked to listen in, and ask any questions they have then, so that everyone can hear the answers.
E6850 Core2Duo 3Ghz/4Gb DDR2-800/8800GTS/G25
Waiting for fixed-line broadband

Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:56 pm

Inspector wrote:Flyboy puts a whole new meaning to the "keeping the wood in" expression with the release today of his new and improved aerowoodnamic wing system........

;p
Lets hope it helps Inspector, I've 18 points I have to get back.
No, he didnt slam into you, he didnt bump you, he didnt nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbing son, is racing.

Biteme

Post by Biteme » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:38 pm

I have a nu skin uploaded now for those that like getting the collection.
It depicts my impressive 29th place last season. ;p
Why does KSR suck at FPS?

Danman

Post by Danman » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:18 pm

Inspector wrote:Skuzzelbut will miss this weeks race due to another overseas work trip so will recieve points for one place below tonights last place.

Are there any other drivers not able to make tonights race because of work commitments etc?

I missed last week due to being overseas for work, does that count? :)