NZNL Season 6 - Race 3 - Riki Raceway

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:08 pm

Inspector wrote: The first turn 1 accident which took out half the feild was in fact caused by driver error and had nothing to do with the so called "bug" in the track
Is this where we agree on the problem of driver error ? The error is the driver not driving to the conditions around them, whether it's other cars, a known quirk on a corner, their own tyre condition and so on.

At the moment, no protest has been lodged for this incident from last week. So the person who made the driver error currently hasn't had their sins made public and be possibly penalised/chastised/beaten by a stick with spikes on the outside. The only protest lodged as of today is Skuzzlebutt Lap: 43, Time: 32:05

Rule 17 : The league organisers will attempt to advise/warn new drivers rather than penalise and compulsory 1 hour practices will be enforced (even for experienced drivers) if drivers are not learning from their mistakes.

So the chances of the driver of the turn 1 crash being made publically aware of the folly of their driving won't happen if the issue of poor driving skill isn't handed down by those in charge.

With Cup cars, we're having bigger prangs than with CTS, there's more people racing on the tracks, and it's still competitive. When I think of dodgy driving with no penalties, I think of this race in Feb this year. So what has changed to the league and online racing in 9 months ?

Perhaps our league options are (as I see it):
* it's still up to the individual to create the protest
* or in the 1st 5 laps any driver indicidents will be penalised by the committee even if no complaints are lodged. (that's kinda bad because I would've thought it would overload an already very busy committee of volunteers).

But we get back to the issue is people don't complain, how can a problem be fixed. Naturally that's an over simplification ! We do have a group of extremely competitive drivers racing close to the edge of crashing - that's why we race. I'm still having great fun racing online, and I hope it stays that way.

Bugs in the track ? Bah, harden up. :D

Everyone raced on the same circuit with the same cars. Sometimes it's luck your car isn't thrown out of control by a track 'bug', sometimes it's skill. That's why we race.

My 2.571c worth
YouTube videos

Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:04 pm

Prometheus wrote:
At the moment, no protest has been lodged for this incident from last week. So the person who made the driver error currently hasn't had their sins made public and be possibly penalised/chastised/beaten by a stick with spikes on the outside. The only protest lodged as of today is Skuzzlebutt Lap: 43, Time: 32:05

Ok, to make the lap 1 incident public, it was Wideload who stuffed it and I believe it was Viking who started the lap 12-13 crash while spinning in the tri-oval and Mikool helped to continue it on, why werent there protests for these two incidents.

Remember this is just my opinion of who caused it.
No, he didnt slam into you, he didnt bump you, he didnt nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbing son, is racing.

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:23 pm

Flyboy69 wrote:
Ok, to make the lap 1 incident public, it was Wideload who stuffed it and I believe it was Viking who started the lap 12-13 crash while spinning in the tri-oval and Mikool helped to continue it on, why werent there protests for these two incidents.

Remember this is just my opinion of who caused it.

This is not the incident I was refering to, that was on the straight I think. The incident I'm reffering to happened just after that in turn 1 itself.
Inspector

---

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:32 pm

Viking lost it on t2, His car just spun for no reason. (bug)
not his fault at all and that lead to the big demo on t1 :)
Wah Wah Wah

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:54 pm

ronwest wrote:
MadMarty13 wrote:You either have a rule for all or none
well being theres no stockcar league it's a mute point really isnt it.
its a bit like preachers in church dont sin or you go to hell yet the preachers are sinning themselves O_o
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:06 pm

Snake Rogers wrote:Viking lost it on t2, His car just spun for no reason. (bug)

Nope, different incident. Lap 2 - Turn 1.
Inspector

---

wide load

Post by wide load » Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:58 pm

[quote="Flyboy69"

Remember this is just my opinion of who caused it.[/quote]

Yes it was me that stuffed it in the first turn. As there was no protest it seems I get away with it, Is that fair or just luck that I didnt hit someone who does protest. But that is the way with many crashes that people dont protest. There is a number of drivers in this league that do not protest. I think Proms idea of the committee looking at the first 5-10 laps of a race and penalising the incidents that that feel are caused by poor driving, I know this is just putting more work on the committee that already do a fine job in organizing this league. But it does seem to be a good idea.

Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:47 pm

Prom sums it up

Prometheus wrote: Bugs in the track ? Bah, harden up. :D

Everyone raced on the same circuit with the same cars. Sometimes it's luck your car isn't thrown out of control by a track 'bug', sometimes it's skill. That's why we race.

My 2.571c worth
Besides I dont think its buggy, its the way you drive it, some people had problems, some didnt.
No, he didnt slam into you, he didnt bump you, he didnt nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbing son, is racing.

Viking

Post by Viking » Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:34 pm

Yes that was unfortunate. I wasn't racing with Bold either, I was quite happy to let him go. That was the one time in the race I ran that high line through the tri-oval and the car just snapped loose, I had no chance to save it. I hindsight I should have braked a bit and pulled in behind Bold before tri-oval.
Flyboy69 wrote: Prom sums it up

Prometheus wrote: Bugs in the track ? Bah, harden up. :D

My 2.571c worth
Besides I dont think its buggy, its the way you drive it, some people had problems, some didnt.
I'll have to disagree with ya both there. A bump has a known width, and you can drive to avoid it. If it just seemingly randomly snaps loose, and you have next to no chance of saving it then I say thats a bug. If ya drive 1mm either side of the spot nothing happens, no bumps I know of that are that thin are that deadly to drive over. I thought there was only one spot, but managed to drive over three, and I think Bolds spin at the end may have been a different one again. I'll keep driving this track as long as the comittee keeps using it for the seasons. I knew of the spot in American Raceway and said I had no issues, as it has one spot, and I know basically what line not to run.
Just my opinions, not trying to bag anyone, especially not the committee who do a great job.
"Ooooh, Can someone please, remove these, cutleries, from my knees" - fotc
"All those who hate speeding tickets, raise your right foot"

GarethRobinson

Post by GarethRobinson » Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:50 pm

Inspector wrote:

You got the right team Snake, just the wrong driver.

We were in a 3-car draft, Inspector in front, myself in the middle and Wide Load at the back, as we entered turn 1, Inspector took the very bottom, while I took a line slightly higher, at the top of the bottom lane, in the middle of turn 1, Inspector started to slide up the track.

I should have started braking then, but I didn't, as I probably felt that he was sliding up so quick he would be out of the way before I got alongside them. Then, I left too much gas on and didn't brake enough (only 35% of maximum pressure) and was 5mph faster than him when we touched high in Turn 2.

I simply did not brake enough. If I was racing by myself this season, I would probably take the rest of the drafting tracks off my schedule as I still find it difficult to avoid incidents, either of my own causing or of coming across someone elses, however I can't because I am racing for my teammates, as shown by sticking with it after the Lap 12 carnage which involved a 3ish minute tow, and gaining 15 extra points from other drivers dropping out.
Last edited by GarethRobinson on Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
E6850 Core2Duo 3Ghz/4Gb DDR2-800/8800GTS/G25
Waiting for fixed-line broadband

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:53 pm

Flyboy69 wrote:

Prom sums it up
ffs

I don't know what replay you guys are looking at but you have it all wrong. When I said.....
Inspector wrote:
I meant Lap 2, Turn 1.

Lap 1 is the first lap when they call "Green Flag, Go, Go, Go" and you take off over the start line, lap 2 starts after you cross the start finish line for the second time, turn 1 is the first corner after the start finish line so.....

Lap 2, Turn 1 I get hit from behind by Gareth and about 10 cars end up crashing and rolling down the track, this has nothing to do with any bug, it is driver error.

Wideload obviously didn't get effected by any "Bug", he made a mistake, Gareth didn't get effected by any bug, he also made a mistake. All this talk about a bug in the track creates a smoke screen for unneccasary accidents caused by the drivers.

Flyboy69 wrote:Besides I dont think its buggy, its the way you drive it, some people had problems, some didnt.

You have that dead right Flyboy and what is more we have raced this track before and much discussion was had about it. There is a patch in turn one that would see the back end break loose but from my experience you drive low or high and there are no issues.

There is a similar patch at American raceway, there is a similar patch at Watkins Glenn there are other tracks with tricky pit entrances and dodgy exits, but you learn how to avoid or drive over them so you don't crash. Why should Riki be any different?
Inspector

---

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:25 pm

Inspector wrote:Why should Riki be any different?
It really really shouldn't be. Except a disproportionatly large number of people seem to hit it and ferk it up taking others out with them. The lack of run-off area around that corner means lots of people get caught up in the mess.

Why should racing short tracks be any different? It shouldn't but we don't race them because of the same problem. Lack of space and people ferking up all the time.
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:26 pm

Because quite a few ppl out there cant read what is written, but seem to be great at reading what they want to read. Lets try some pictures.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Run Yasmine Run"

Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:47 pm

Inspector wrote:

ffs

I don't know what replay you guys are looking at but you have it all wrong. When I said.....

ffs yourself

I wasnt even talking about your incident, I was talking about the big crash on lap 12-13

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:44 pm

Flyboy69 wrote:
Inspector wrote:

ffs

ffs yourself

I wasnt even talking about your incident, I was talking about the big crash on lap 12-13
Thats what i was talking about and it was t4 where viking lost it.
There is a fecking bug in a couple of corners of this track.
Are you guys blind or what?
Wah Wah Wah

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:49 pm

Zee DuDs latest driver training aid :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
YouTube videos

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:40 pm

bollocks....from the files of lessons learnt in making movies

ensure you select software cursor, just starting looking at around 13Gb of fraps captures and yay....the damn arrow was recorded as well in all the shots...

:ffs: :rolleyes: hehe getting lots of practise in controlling the cameras at least

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:02 am

Prometheus wrote:Zee DuDs latest driver training aid :D
And why are the SimTV drivers testing it out ? ;p
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:39 am

O_o
YouTube videos

Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:39 pm

Snake Rogers wrote:
Flyboy69 wrote:
Inspector wrote:

ffs

ffs yourself

It is how & where to take the corner that causes the spins.

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:22 pm

Flyboy69 wrote:
Snake Rogers wrote:
Flyboy69 wrote:
ffs yourself

Well t4 is a easy corner to take so you should be able to take the bottom, middle or outside groove without any sort on spinning action.
But on this track you take the middle goove on t4 you spin for no reason.

Look i have no problem with this track as i rather enjoy racing here, but there is an issue with that part of the track :)
Wah Wah Wah

Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:51 pm

Snake Rogers wrote:
Flyboy69 wrote:
Snake Rogers wrote: Thats what i was talking about and it was t4 where viking lost it.
Well t4 is a easy corner to take so you should be able to take the bottom, middle or outside groove without any sort on spinning action.

Look i have no problem with this track as i rather enjoy racing here, but there is an issue with that part of the track :)

If you took that pink dress off you might stop moaning like a girl

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:13 pm

daaaa dum......daaaa dum.......dum dum dum dum

Movies being uploaded at the moment, going by the rapid pace that its uploading should be up in an hour or so....round 6pm (57Mb or so)

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:53 pm

Flyboy69 wrote:
Snake Rogers wrote:
Flyboy69 wrote: It is how & where to take the corner that causes the spins.

If you took that pink dress off you might stop moaning like a girl
Sorry fly but i don't moan just pointing out the facts :>

awesome stuff Jetboy _b
Wah Wah Wah