NZNL Season 6 - Race 3 - Riki Raceway

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:45 pm

Ron...I attempted to upload the analysis last night with IE and the java box stayed grey. It never allowed me to drag the analysis files over. I know we had this problem before. Can you help me out?
Odie

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:04 am

Bold wrote:heh, well all I can say is

GO SimTV!!!
WTFG
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

rob_c

Post by rob_c » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:20 am

rob_c wrote:I didn't write these things down to blame anybody or as my own excuse

OMG.

Sorry if anyone though that I was saying I that I didn't think that I was at fault in any of these incidents . . . that wasn't my intention at all . . . I was just listing the incidents I was involved in on the night.

I guess I should have worded it better.

I'll sit in the corner and be quiet from now on. :o :D

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:30 am

2 Races in a row I have been hit from behind when not even in a pressure situation. Early in the race with no other cars around you and you get hit by the following car taking you from a 4th place qual to 29th.

I'm sick of people blaming the tracks and the rules. If you can't even lift your foot off to avoid hitting the car in front then you maybe the rookie league is where a few people should stay and not get automatic promotion to the main league. The tracks have spots that are tricky, everyone knows about it, but still the brainless twits drive full speed into them and wonder why they have just caused a 10 car pile up.

I live from Wednesday to Wednesday and I have to say I'm pretty depressed with having the highlight of my week ruined by careless drivers. Maybe Monday night Stockcars might suit some of you people more than you realise.

:mad: :ffs: :mad: D:
Inspector

---

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:11 am

odonohuesp wrote:Ron...I attempted to upload the analysis last night with IE and the java box stayed grey. It never allowed me to drag the analysis files over. I know we had this problem before. Can you help me out?

This is not neccasary Odie, I upload the analysis 5 minutes after the race every week, week after week and if people can't wait till the next day once in a blue moon when I am unable to do it then they are forgetting just how spoiled they are.

Speaking of spoiled, maybe it is a good time to mention.....

Every week Riven sets up the server for the nights racing so the two different leagues can be loaded with their specific settings, every week the server is up and running and the races start at the prescribed times and every week the analysis from the two races are uploaded to Ron's web site (immediately following both races) which then atomatically creates an analysis web page, a race results web page and adds everyones individual and teams scores and creates the points page. Every week Riven takes the replay and compresses it and uploads it to Ron's site and every week......

Everyone turns up to race when they feel like it, then they moan about the tracks and the rules and the penalties and..........have I ranted enough yet? Maybe not.......

There is a lot of effort and in Ron's case, money goes into the racing every week and over the last few seasons the racing has got so competitive and focused that the people have come to expect a bit too much. For the last 4 seasons Odie has bought trophies out of his own pocket, how many people have ever bothered to recognise that apart from those who actually got them. Does anyone know how much it costs a month to run a web site like SimRacerHQ, and in fact the effort and time that goes into the scripts etc that produce the perfect scoring system both our leagues have, how much do you think it costs to host those movies, the skins and the tracks? I don't remember anyone apart from the committee in their league posts saying thank you to Ron for all his time and money he puts into our league even when he is not even racing in them.

I guess I have ranted enough now. It's 3.00am so I had better go to bed. Whilst I know that most of you are not ungrateful and really do appreciate the efforts made by many to bring you these leagues, please try and keep in mind during the racing and afterwards in the forum and on Ventrillo that positive attitudes and comments are about all that fuel the people who make these leagues happen and there are times when all the shit, both on and off the track leaves some of us close to running on empty.
Inspector

---

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:04 am

Inspector wrote: I'm sick of people blaming the tracks and the rules. If you can't even lift your foot off to avoid hitting the car in front then you maybe the rookie league is where a few people should stay and not get automatic promotion to the main league.
+1 _b

IT'S JUST A GAME !
YouTube videos

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:43 am

Prometheus wrote:
Inspector wrote: I'm sick of people blaming the tracks and the rules. If you can't even lift your foot off to avoid hitting the car in front then you maybe the rookie league is where a few people should stay and not get automatic promotion to the main league.
+1 _b

IT'S JUST A GAME !
Not when there is close to or over $1000 worth of prizes on offer. Its an online competitive sport.

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:00 am

Riven wrote:Not when there is close to or over $1000 worth of prizes on offer. Its an online competitive sport.
Then if it's to be treated as an online competitive sport, with the $1000 worth of prizes, then the rules surely need to be tightened up ?

If people are racing for the $1000 prize pack thingymebob, then penalties must be swift and firm surely ? People must have sufficient skill to be able to race online.

I've always viewed the races as a fun thing to do on a Wednesday night - but if I'm to race seriously as a reason for the prize pack, then we'd need to fix quite a few inconsistencies ?

Penalities would need to be handed down by the committee regardless if people lodged a protest, the penality value would have to be such a sufficient deterrent as to hopefully make people think twice. People saying 'sorry' but continue to make the same havok the following week surely must banned, or thrown into the rookie league. Password protect the server for 'qualified' drivers only. We race with damage on to stop the stock car syndrome happening.

But then, where would the league be ? We've expanded from the 18 regulars last year to new drivers (including myself) with stacks of online drivers on the track at once now.

There's always going to be a bit of biffo, and silly mistakes happening. But like I said, I've always viewed this as just a game (it's a great stress reliever for me!).

And every week after every race there's a :ffs: posting about drivers. And people rant and yell.

Hopefully we can keep the 'game' aspect of this in perspective. But if the wonderfully donated prizes become the focus for racing, all of us need to get our act together.

My 2.576c worth that's all.

edit : I also forgot to say thanks Ron for hosting the movies I make.
YouTube videos

rob_c

Post by rob_c » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:28 am

Inspector wrote:Everyone turns up to race when they feel like it, then they moan about the tracks and the rules and the penalties and..........
Before I disappear into my self-exile of silence, I'd just like to clarify some stuff :

1) Basically I guess Inpector's post was because of the old addage : "People are quick to complain, but slow to praise" . . . and we are probably all guilty of that to varying degrees ;

2) To the 99% of you that I have never chatted to privately, you probably have the impression that I'm a whinging sad sack, but it's really not the case, because :
a) When I ask about a rule, I'm only asking for clarification ----> I'm not criticising ;
b) When I ask about an incident, I'm trying to start discussions ---> not place blame.

3) As far as the financial burden of running a club like this, well, is there any way that people can make donations to help out ? . . . I don't mean a "Pay To Play" system like ASRG, tho that might become a consideration if your club gets bigger.

4) One last comment, which I probably should have made in here ages ago, and especially in light of point (1) above, is that I'm always praising your racing group to other Australian racers that I chat to, because of the way that it is run, and because of the quality and attitude of the drivers and admins involved.

So . . . thank you all for your efforts both on and off the track, we really DO appreciate you.

:grouphug:

[mouth now zipped]

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:40 am

It seems to me....we all need cheering up

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 3912337648

:)
Don't make me destroy you.

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:25 am

lol.
:>

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:19 pm

"Its just a Game"

I think Riven hit it on the head. Shes a wee bit more than just a game. This is as close as a lot of us will get to real Nascar.

"Its just a Game"

Lets say "M" and I go for a "Friendly" game of Tennis.
"M" hits me fair in the head with the ball....... no worries............
"M" hits me fair in the head with the ball again............No worries
"M" hits me fair in the head with the ball for a third time.........

RIGHT, now its no longer a game, because it now me shoving a tennis racket up 'M"'s arse with my boot.

Get it??
You can only get rogered so many times before something has to give.

Solutions:
Dont run on tracks with random bugs or random bumps. Again I say this. There are so many tracks out there. If I cant recreate a bump or slide due to a bump at will, then its not a bump, its a bug! Its not like you get any warning with these last two tracks. As I have said before, we should fix the tracks if we want that badly to run on them.

Penalty system.........
Penalty Points for drivers not in a team Doubled.
This would see drivers that know one wishes to drive with forced out of the league very quickly should they screw the pooch. It will also force drivers into the team environment where they will/should be more careful.
Im quite serious about this. I think it should be tryed.

Pay to play.
Nothing wrong with that. I dont mind paying 5-10 bucks for a league, but should we cross into that zone, drivers like Murphy should first be eliminated. This is not for prizes, this is for the bandwidth/server costs etc.

Drivers who fail to finish XX consecutive (sp) races are removed from the league (even if they have payed, youve got to have the gear/connection to race in the first place).

No Modems! (Sorry its not personal, but if we can increase the amount of cars we can see behind us, its safer for all).

Qualifying for the main league.
Not sure, but there should be some sort of way in so we all have to start out of it. It cant be based on lap times as hot laps mean nothing in Nascar.

Pick away!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by UnbounD on Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Run Yasmine Run"

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:19 pm

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: ;p
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

mikool

Post by mikool » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:37 pm

UnbounD wrote:

RIGHT, now its no longer a game, because it now me shoving a tennis racket up 'M"'s arse with my boot.
is there any reason you picked "M"? :)
Mikool...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:40 pm

I love you guys :grouphug: ;p
Wah Wah Wah

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:41 pm

mikool wrote:
UnbounD wrote:

Well i would have used your name if i was Unbound ;p
Wah Wah Wah

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:43 pm

mikool wrote:
UnbounD wrote:

Yup, And you can get screwed and get f*cing over it :D
"Run Yasmine Run"

mikool

Post by mikool » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:48 pm

lol

thought so :D
Mikool...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Viking

Post by Viking » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:21 pm

Riven wrote:Not when there is close to or over $1000 worth of prizes on offer. Its an online competitive sport.
Woh. Thats a serious amount of prizes.

I'm just here for the fun of competing, and to win of course. Not for prizes.

Perhaps the donated prizes could be autioned off, here or on trademe. The money raised could be used to repay costs for Ron for SimracerHQ, Simcentral.com, Inspire, Riven, Odie, and anyone else I've missed.

I'm sure the sponsors wouldn't mind as you'd splash there names all over the auctions.

just my 2cents (adjusted by inflation, ofcourse)
"Ooooh, Can someone please, remove these, cutleries, from my knees" - fotc
"All those who hate speeding tickets, raise your right foot"

Viking

Post by Viking » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:34 pm

Skuzzlebutt wrote:It seems to me....we all need cheering up

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 3912337648

:)
Thanks Skuzz, those guys are soo funny. :D
"Ooooh, Can someone please, remove these, cutleries, from my knees" - fotc
"All those who hate speeding tickets, raise your right foot"

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:57 pm

Pity he wasnt there friday lan weekend in his own pib that man withe the one arm and furry mouse tach I would have taught him how to play pol then punished him afterwards with my kareoke ;p
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:09 pm

What I think you'll find is perhaps it's not so much the prizes (with the exception of the trophies), it's how much you want to win or get a good placing (most prizes are randomed off anyway)

The more you want to do well, the more pissed off you are when someone shafts you.
Many people comment it's just about fun, but if everyone turned up for just 'fun' and threw the competitive nature out the window, it would very quickly become a demo derby and we wouldn't have a league at all.

The problem is the same people ripping everyone, they turn up for some casual racing, don't really care if they get ripped, drive more on the edge and more carelessly and don't really give a shit if they bugger anyone elses race along with their own (no need to name names, just look at the drivers who have had penalties against them throughout the leagues).

Your idea about double points for ppl not in a team Unbound is sort of on the right track but it has a nasty flaw where you will end up with people in teams that don't really want to be there making an entire team with low morale, lol ;p.

I do agree however that riki is a buggy track and was the cause of many problems (as so often is the case at riki) last night, turn 1 has a big, turn 3 has a bug, and the tri-oval has a bug.
Last edited by BAZZIL on Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Re: re

Post by BAZZIL » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:10 pm

MadMarty13 wrote:Pity he wasnt there friday lan weekend in his own pib that man withe the one arm and furry mouse tach I would have taught him how to play pol then punished him afterwards with my kareoke ;p
Could you string together a more coherent Sentence, I can't fecking work out what you just said D:
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.