NZNL Season 6 - Race 3 - Riki Raceway

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:11 pm

In regards to prizes......I have donated the trophies because I wanted to see this league become more competative; because I am competative by nature when it comes to online gaming. Plus this gave something for the drivers to shoot for. I enjoy buying the trophies, because I try and make it different each time. Now for Season 6, it may be a little difficult, but I wil figure it out.

Some of you heard me "crack my face off" during Season 5's last race and after the race was over, and this was based off the fact that I did not want the outcome of the top 3 in the final standings.

The committee talked about doing donations, but there is allot of work involved and this you will have people that will need to be made aware of where the money is going.
Odie

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:11 pm

Viking wrote:
Skuzzlebutt wrote:It seems to me....we all need cheering up

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 3912337648

:)
Thanks Skuzz, those guys are soo funny. :D
It was funny for the first minute, after that it just got fecking anoying ;)
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:13 pm

BAZZIL wrote:Snipped

Your idea about double points for ppl not in a team Unbound is sort of on the right track but it has a nasty flaw where you will end up with people in teams that don't really want to be there making an entire team with low morale, lol ;p.

Team at the bottom of the league, Backt to the Rookie league at the end of the season, forgot to add that, came up with that the other night while rappin with Mattly.
"Run Yasmine Run"

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:26 pm

Forgot to mention...the first league I ever joined was back in 2000 when I was a rookie in online racing. The league was ISSRL and was managed by Ron Westland. Heck, he even took this rookie onto his team. Ron introduced me to online racing and he introdued me to the Wednesday crew...when Chequers was organizing the leagues and we were introduced to the no passing for 2 lap rule. ;p
Odie

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:22 pm

Well we can always bring back the 2 lap no passing rule ;p
Wah Wah Wah

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:31 pm

yr on drugs _b
"Run Yasmine Run"

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:35 pm

Let's have a "no driving like a retard" rule. That'll fix everything. :p

I mean we'd have all of about.. what.. maybe 7 drivers?
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:39 pm

crikey :eek:
dont check the forums for one night and look what I miss

I'm here for the racing pure and simple, if I place well all good if not then as long as I drive 100% for the race then I'm happy (not literally cause thats more likely to be Bazz)

Prizes while do rest in the back of most peoples minds (or more to the front for some) I would honestly get more of a kick out of receiving one of Odies trophy's or a team (go [sack])/individual pic at the top of the simracerhq site than $1000 worth of stuff

Have raced a fair bit online (though Inspector was probably racing before I knew what a PC was :p ) over the years and while this has been the league with the most people competing has also been the league where the knives come out on a much to regular basis

Got ripped in last weeks race but managed to refrain from the verbal onslaught that some feel the need to spread over ventrilo (luckily I race with headphones so people living around me dont here some of the crap that gets said)

Enjoy the racing that I do get in (seem to spend an inordinate amount of time drafting with bazz over the past few seasons...when I can keep up with his damn pitting) been doing post race reports and league videos lately and you do get to see everyones various driving habits and is quite humerous to see some of the more vocal people not exactally saints themselves

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:28 pm

Skuzzlebutt wrote:It seems to me....we all need cheering up

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 3912337648

I kept waiting for the student behind them to kick their a$$
Odie

Noon416

Post by Noon416 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:23 pm

lol, I wish he had and hence spared me that "experience" ;p

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:28 am

Noon416 wrote:lol, I wish he had and hence spared me that "experience" ;p
I can't get enough of it actually. It's their finely studied performance and subsequent parody of the Backstreet Boys that provides the real humour.

Don't make me destroy you.

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:19 am

Jetboy wrote:the verbal onslaught that some feel the need to spread over ventrilo
I find the "mute" and "change channel" binds great. You either switch it off or leave for 5mins. :p
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:12 am

If you can't handle whats said on ventrilo then turn it off.
You guys are starting to sound really precious off late. (harden up girl's)
I race to win but only because it’s goddamn fun and I quite enjoy the banter on ventrilo.
Wah Wah Wah

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:24 am

aha but why were the stockcar people told to stop swearing and using foul language on vent when the nascar and gtr( to a lesser extent) are allowed to?You either have a rule for all or none
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

Riven
Server Guru

Re: re

Post by Riven » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:29 am

MadMarty13 wrote:aha but why were the stockcar people told to stop swearing and using foul language on vent when the nascar and gtr( to a lesser extent) are allowed to?You either have a rule for all or none
I believe the stockcar league was full of kids?

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:11 am

Very good point Marty. Peoples responses to my post have been interesting but completely off track.

We proclaim to be a Sim community but in fact we seem to be turning into a Win community. Some people have forgotten about the "banter" as Snake has put it and at times the swearing and abuse go too far. Protests stream in week after week because of mistakes due to very competitive attitudes. The protests far out way the apologies, and the next week the mistakes are made again because the penalties pressure for better results or really don't seem to get the message across. The first turn 1 accident which took out half the feild was in fact caused by driver error and had nothing to do with the so called "bug" in the track and the whole point of my earlier post was to say how dissapointed I am to put in all the effort to make this league happen along with others and to have your race ruined by someone elses mistake and instead of an apology you get whinging about the track, the rules etc etc.

I will get over it and carry on racing and it is my hope that the Monday night stockcars will lighten the whole community mood a little and let people release a little of their over aggressive attitudes in a fun way and the Wednesday night racing might return to a battle of wits and skill rather than a mad charge for the front in every corner and straight. I hope a few more sign up for the Stockcars, you might enjoy it more than you think.
Inspector

---

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:42 am

"I give up"

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa
"Run Yasmine Run"

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:52 am

lol
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:57 am

o_O
Boom Boom !

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:59 am

UnbounD wrote:"I give up"

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa
so why did u use a small a at the end, was it not as important as all the other A's ? I think that's discrimination.
Boom Boom !

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:00 pm

Thats the point where I gave up
"Run Yasmine Run"

famin

Post by famin » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:17 pm

thats the FCKN a

:>
Throttle depressed, driver very happy

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:22 pm

It's interesting that the GTR league picks a track like Watkins Glenn for example that has a bug or poorly created piece of track in it like turn 1 and because it only throws the people who have a poor setup or drive it too aggressively and their off generally effects only themselves no one gives a shit. But you pick a track with a very similar issue for Nascar and people are poorly prepared or drive it over aggressively and wreck everyone elses race then there is a lynch mob for those who chose the track.

I give up!
Inspector

---

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:35 pm

Inspector wrote:It's interesting that the GTR league picks a track like Watkins Glenn for example that has a bug or poorly created piece of track in it like turn 1 and because it only throws the people who have a poor setup or drive it too aggressively and their off generally effects only themselves no one gives a shit. But you pick a track with a very similar issue for Nascar and people are poorly prepared or drive it over aggressively and wreck everyone elses race then there is a lynch mob for those who chose the track.

I give up!
The problem with watkins is that people didnt realise the camber flattened out before you exit the corner, same as the hairpin exit at Manfield.. and it still catches people out 30+ years after it was built.

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:36 pm

Sulley wrote: Naw don't worry about the points thing, no else will give a rats behind. If I'm still p'od on Tuesday I just wont bother turning up as there is no further point.

Man if I prayed hard enough I knew a miracle would happen.

What better example could one ask for. I joined GTR knowing my skill level was on the verge and my setup abilities sucked to the max but with help from the guys, some extra traction control and a bit of luck I was able to compete in the first GTR league. Now the cars are too fast and too powerful for me and I don't practice as much as I should so I have sort of given up. But still I can't help myself, I want to come and race with the guys, multi-player is so much fun and what this community is all about.

But now we are are in a situation where win at all costs and "get off the track I am racing for a more important position than you" has taken over and in Nascar we have competed ourselves into a corner of protests and abuse.

It would be nice if we could go back and find some middle ground somewhere. Did I mention Monday night Stockcars to anyone, or is that not "pure" enough for all you perfectionists?
Inspector

---