Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:14 pm

Some awesome racing at the end with Inspector and Odie _b

congrat happy :)
Wah Wah Wah

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:16 pm

Jetboy wrote: What you guys have to do for rifle qual? bit of a shocker for the NZ Airforce...get to go out once a year and one run through of the serial then into the qual shoot, do a short range shoot first and theory is if you get a certain score you go onto a long range shoot and try to qual for marksman (bout 50 odd rounds per serial spread over prone,sitting,standing etc) only once you get to marksman can you go onto a decent week long shoot for Airforce top shot....bit more fun involving firing on the move, weapons assembly, timed shoots etc
For us, we spend 2 days practicing the qualfiying and on the 3rd day we shoot for score.

We shoot 5 rounds in sitting, kneeling, and standing in 20mins from 200 yards (183m)

Then 10 rounds between 2 magazine from standing to sitting from 200 yards (183m) in 60 sec

Then 5 rounds in the sitting from 300 yards (274m) 5mins

Then 10 rounds between 2 magainzes from standing to prone from 300 yards (274m) in 60 sec

Then 10 rounds from 500 yards (457m) in 10 mins from the prone.

All done with the M16A2

50 rounds need 190 points out of 250 to qualify marksman, 205 for sharpshooter and 220 out of 250 for expert.
Odie

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:17 pm

Well done Happy, a great win _b

Well done the DuD's, back on track again. We should be able to overtake ScumTV next week all going well.
Inspector

---

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:19 pm

I like that track, good fun _b
Well done team Google a nice gain on team sack.

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:19 pm

wide load wrote::) My best finish ever, 15th. wrapped with it and the race.
A little dodgy at the start, sorry for that.
Yes was a dodgy start lol you were sliding plus bouncing of walls I had to keep braking behind you till i got past Qualyified 14th once past the eratic wideload running 11th by myself for a lot of laps then bang right front tyre blew from the earling braking 3 minute tow,then later right on my line coming out of a turn an orange car sitting there had to brake hard tyre blew lost it at least one hit me coming through sorry but couldnt hold the car still another 3 minute tow,i will get a top ten one of these days.
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:10 am

I had another look at the close call we had last night Bold. The remains of that accident involving Mattly and Skuzz on lap 42.

We both brushed Mattly's door on the way past :eek:
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:33 am

Heh, nice :)

Those bloody grey cars just blend into the smoke...

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:05 am

Lol, sorry for nicking yer 14th spot on the line :) Your tires must have been well poked cos you had a 15 second lead on me with two laps to go, then as the white flag came out I noticed it was down to 8 seconds...so I put my foot down and juuust managed to haul you in on the line :)

And sorry to Mattly, I think it was, for my self spin coming out of the pits. Don't think I actually hit you...but I may as well have :( Protest away. q-
Don't make me destroy you.

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:16 am

Well guys I have to say how impressed I am with all drivers, both from the VR Concepts League and the InSPire Net League.

Both races were very clean with drivers showing patience and putting real thought into consistancy ahead of the "win in the first corner" attitude we have been facing for some time. I thought the banter over ventrilo had a whole new feel to it last night and the occasional outbursts when incidents did occour were much less aggressive and overall people seemed to be enjoying themselves.

I have had heaps of comments on msn/icq/pm this morning and everyone seemed to enjoy the racing, despite their finishing position, and this is great. I feel that the VR Concepts league is very succesful now because many of the drivers are spending heaps of time mid week practicing and with the senior drivers joining in and offering advice, drafting practice and hints and tips on the track is helping heaps. The steady and correct driving lines that the majority of the senior drivers show during the racing is giving the rookies a good example to follow so keep it up guys.

I think part of the reason that the InSPire league is going so well is because many of the drivers are competing in the VRC league and getting in some track time and race practice in before the main race. I encourage all the InSPire league drivers to join in the VRC race. I for one never miss the VRC race now, it does me the world of good to get some practice in and it is great to help out the new guys, or though at times I must admit to following a few of them and realising they have better lines than me.

All in all great to see two such very cool races on what is a very demanding track on tyres and some excellent attitudes on both Ventrilo and in the forum.
Inspector

---

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:25 pm

Yes, I'd love to partake in the VRC race but my lifestyle (i.e. 2 year old child and a daily commute of an hour each way on the Southern Motorway) means I'm right in the middle of Hairy Mclary at race start :)
Don't make me destroy you.

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:44 pm

I think part of the issue is that people last night used their brains a lot.

However, having said that, I had a shocker last night :D and so should disassociate myself from the above statement !

Nah, just my brain was full with lots of work stuff last night , phone goes at 9.10pm to talk about more work stuff = couldn't concentrate as much as I needed to.

Next week - Daytona with no restrictor plates _b That'll sort the drafting men from the drafting weenies.
YouTube videos

Danman

Post by Danman » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:45 pm

Yeah I'm usually in the middle of Bob the Builder or Thomas the Tank Engine.

(Hmmm... I must find more grown up books to read ;p )

Danman

Post by Danman » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:51 pm

I would love to see an enduro at a track like Indy, rather than a "foot flat and hope the dings don't get you" track like Daytona.

I was gutted when I disco-ed last night and kept thinking "if only this was the enduro I might have a chance to catch up again"

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:09 pm

You still on dial up Dan ? That might be the root cause of your disco problems . It's also a helluva lot of fun with Ventrillo too.
YouTube videos

wide load

Post by wide load » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:18 pm

Skuzzlebutt wrote:
Lol, sorry for nicking yer 14th spot on the line :) Your tires must have been well poked cos you had a 15 second lead on me with two laps to go, then as the white flag came out I noticed it was down to 8 seconds...so I put my foot down and juuust managed to haul you in on the line :)
. q-
I was running on a red tire for the last 3 laps so was just easing it around hoping to hold you off and not blow it. I think that is the first race I havent been caught up in a accident (or caused on) :D

Looking forward to next week and the enduro.