NZNL Season 6 - Race 5 - Daytona_NP Enduro

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:20 am

Great race guys. Good run with flyboy over probably half the pit stops.

Fucked myself with a little spin onto the grass on pit entry on the 2nd or 3rd pit. Sorry if I did any damage to you viking/inspector.
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Viking

Post by Viking » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:27 am

NP Eagle, Didn't get me too bad.

Woohooo :bounce: :bounce:

No sleep tonight. :D
Was close at end with Bazz.
"Ooooh, Can someone please, remove these, cutleries, from my knees" - fotc
"All those who hate speeding tickets, raise your right foot"

GarethRobinson

Post by GarethRobinson » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:33 am

From Bad (Connection problems resulting in quitting out of VR Concepts Race after a solitary lap)
to Estatic (Winning my first InSPire.net Pole Position from Viking, he got his own back by passing me before I could lead a lap)
to Crap (Engine died during the second stint, spent the rest of the race spotting for the team, mainly Mattly)

here's hoping next week runs more smoothly...
E6850 Core2Duo 3Ghz/4Gb DDR2-800/8800GTS/G25
Waiting for fixed-line broadband

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:36 am

What a loooong race, by the end of it my arms were stiff, my bum was sore and i had no feeling in my right leg.... but it was all worth it, my first top 10 finish :)

wide load

Post by wide load » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:59 am

I got Duded on lap 13 putting me into the pits early on, after that was just playing catch up and every time I got onto a good draft I had to pit. Then it was clean until lap 159 when Biteme was leaving the pits and didnt know which lane to take, Sadly for me he took the one I was going to take. I dont think we helped him make up his mind as Rob went low and I went high.

ON A SIDE NOTE!!!

We all get told by the experienced drivers not to jam it up the inside and to stay in the draft, then why do these same drivers that start from the back so therefore are going faster than us because of the draft try at every corner to JAM IT UP THE INSIDE forcing us wide and letting the whole draft through.
Last edited by wide load on Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:02 am

I did notice a few drivers from the back 'jam it up the inside' as you say, but I'd have to say they only do it when you go bouncing off the walls, who wants to drive behind someone who bounces off the wall all the time? :o
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:02 am

Skuzzlebutt wrote:Well since Im now in the midst of a 3 1/2 minute tow with 10 to go cos my team didnt even attempt to fill the tank after my last tow...I thought I'd apologise again for my crapness.
I may just rack up enuff protest points this race to get my ass booted out.
;(
Fear not Skuzzle, next week is but another race :)
Boom Boom !

wide load

Post by wide load » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:16 am

BAZZIL wrote:I did notice a few drivers from the back 'jam it up the inside' as you say, but I'd have to say they only do it when you go bouncing off the walls, who wants to drive behind someone who bounces off the wall all the time? :o
I hit the wall once and held the car straight that is when one of the Dud drivers couldnt hold his line and slid into me. But as for the laps leading up to this the culprit was trying to get to the lead of the race in the first 10 laps by the looks of it. And if people didnt try and overtake everyone in the first few laps of 200 I wouldnt have to keep a eye on the mirror to make sure that it is clear to turn. It was for 3 laps in a row that this happened.

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:16 am

Not much of a comeback after missing 3 races, was leading after the first and second stops and it was looking good for a tussle with Eagle and Viking when my wheel went haywire on the third stop, put me into the wall, then I couldn't reconnect so had to call it a night.
Good to be back amongst it and looking forward to next time :D

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:37 am

Wraith wrote:Caught up at start, then got dud'd entering pits (its a conspiracy i tell ya!) and got blackflagged for dangerous pit entry.
:bollocks_to_that_decision:
Lol, I wish it were a conspiracy, cos that would intimate that I had some kind of control over my car last night.

:)
Don't make me destroy you.

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:24 am

Fun race, but a crap race.

My own stupidity caused me to crash on the tri-oval, spun into the main racing line with no control, and proceeded to introduce myself to quite a few drivers. Ended up with an extra pitstop so I could draft with others, as I was out of sequence after my crash and no tyres.

Some nice drafting with others too - always a good game to see how close we can get on those corners Odie :D My top speed was 225 after the trioval, always seemed to find that bit faster than the back straight for a top speed.

The 'jamming it up the inside early on' might have been me, esp when people bounce off the wall with a draft in front and behind. Momentum carries on quite quickly.

Observation of the night - quite a few drivers don't keep to the right hand side of the yellow, esp on turn 3 but nip quite a bit down. Perhaps that infield part of the track should have land mines ?

Yay, I get to qualify next week _b
Boo, I've gone from 2nd to 7th in the points q-
YouTube videos

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:31 am

wide load wrote:We all get told by the experienced drivers not to jam it up the inside and to stay in the draft, then why do these same drivers that start from the back so therefore are going faster than us because of the draft try at every corner to JAM IT UP THE INSIDE forcing us wide and letting the hole draft through.
It was I.

You slowed down a bit and I lifted completely off the throttle. I was going to turn left but because mattly behind us at that stage was going so much faster, he decided to pass on the left.
There was no where to go, I couldn't turn left cause I would have hit mattly and that would have caused a big ding, I couldn't brake because the cars behind me were too close and that would have caused a ding. It was all rather unfortunate.
:>

Noon416

Post by Noon416 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:11 pm

bcingu wrote:Noon that qualifing lap of yours in the VR concepts race was GREAT.

2 tenths faster the chasing pack, I think I might have to have a squizz at the reply and see if I can learn your trick.
he he, Cheers. :)

The secret ingredient is: 3rd gear, referred to afterwards by jealous Inspire league types as "the 3rd gear hax". :D

When qualifying, simply don't change up to 4th. In 3rd, you're just below the redline and the gear length means that you hold a higher speed through the turns and reach 211-212 down the straights a lot quicker.

It's a big risk (as Gareth found out in the enduro) because you're reaming the crap out of the engine and the game remembers engine damage during qual.
But if you risk it, it pays off with a 42.250 to 42.300 lap instead of 42.500+

That why the first 4 positions in the main race qualed below 42.300 as well. :)

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:13 pm

I can't really complain about my race too much. I was a bit pissed off with the only ding I was involved in, leaving the pits on about lap 140.. I had entered the pits comfortably in 3rd, about 10s off the leader. I left the pits in a nice bunch hoping for some good drafting to close the gap even more, but it all went pear shaped.. Looking at the replay I can't really blame anyone, there just wasn't enough room for our 4 cars to join while there was another 4 car draft coming through.. I expect Inspector would not have even known the cars were coming, due to the server only showing about 4 cars in the mirror..

Still, I've moved up 3 places overall after the race :D

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:34 pm

I got jammed up the inside early on causing me to loose the draft thats the problem I lift and more than usual because some of the cars in front are going below the yellow line(was happening often) so I lift more to give time to react if an accident will happen from it.
Later on draftin with Danman and Rob c behind me was good till I lifted for slow cars and Danman rammed me was left sitting backwards up in the wall lost a couple of tyres and laps got back up to 22nd from last but later got disq in the pits for reversing one pit space lol.lap 155 i think
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

MadMarty13

Re: re

Post by MadMarty13 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:34 pm

MadMarty13 wrote:I got jammed up the inside early on causing me to loose the draft thats the problem I lift and more than usual because some of the cars in front are going below the yellow line(was happening often) so I lift more to give time to react if an accident will happen from it.
Later on draftin with Danman and Rob c behind me was good till I lifted for slow cars and Danman rammed me was left sitting backwards up in the wall lost a couple of tyres and laps got back up to 20th from last but later got disq in the pits for reversing one pit space lol.lap 155 i think
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

Biteme

Post by Biteme » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:52 pm

I was definately guilty of what I'd term as cutting up the inside, from the start and right through the race. I don't refer to it as jamming as the pass was usually initiated well before the corners....
All except one that is ... I caused a ding with Fly in the closing 4 laps as I tried to jam it inside .... he covered ... and I 8o >_< o_O (: D: :crazy:

Otherwise, apart from ripping myself in the pits 3 times, it was a most enjoyable and suprisingly clean, race. _b
Why does KSR suck at FPS?

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:22 pm

wide load wrote:I got Duded on lap 13 putting me into the pits early on, after that was just playing catch up and every time I got onto a good draft I had to pit. Then it was clean until lap 159 when Biteme was leaving the pits and didnt know which lane to take, Sadly for me he took the one I was going to take. I dont think we helped him make up his mind as Rob went low and I went high.

ON A SIDE NOTE!!!

We all get told by the experienced drivers not to jam it up the inside and to stay in the draft, then why do these same drivers that start from the back so therefore are going faster than us because of the draft try at every corner to JAM IT UP THE INSIDE forcing us wide and letting the whole draft through.
Could you post a replay of the incident plz? I was following behind this and narrowly missed it, It'd be interesting to see what happened.

If you did hit the wall, then I wouldn't be complaining about people trying to pass you and even colliding with you if you do hit the wall. Doesn't matter if you kept it under control and held a line, the point is people aren't going to sit around and wait behind you for it to happen again.

Nascar is always on the edge racing, you make one mistake and it can all go very titsup.
Boom Boom !

bcingu

Post by bcingu » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:34 pm

Noon416 wrote:
bcingu wrote:Noon that qualifing lap of yours in the VR concepts race was GREAT.

2 tenths faster the chasing pack, I think I might have to have a squizz at the reply and see if I can learn your trick.

The secret ingredient is: 3rd gear, referred to afterwards by jealous Inspire league types as "the 3rd gear hax". :D

When qualifying, simply don't change up to 4th. In 3rd, you're just below the redline and the gear length means that you hold a higher speed through the turns and reach 211-212 down the straights a lot quicker.

It's a big risk (as Gareth found out in the enduro) because you're reaming the crap out of the engine and the game remembers engine damage during qual.

Arrh very tricky, I like that a lot, I didn't even think to try it.

I still have lots to learn, which is why there is a Rookie league.

Thanx for sharing it.

wide load

Post by wide load » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:35 pm

Not to sure how to add the replay, so you will have to open it in Nascar to have a look at.

GarethRobinson

Post by GarethRobinson » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:41 pm

Noon416 wrote:

Does the game remember engine damage during qual? I've had engine and transmission damage during qual and have no problems during the race, and I watched drivers use 3rd gear a lot (I did not use the 3rd gear strategy at all during the race). I guess it's just bad luck.
E6850 Core2Duo 3Ghz/4Gb DDR2-800/8800GTS/G25
Waiting for fixed-line broadband

Noon416

Post by Noon416 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:50 pm

Speaking to Riven, he's said that yes it does (he was expressing concern at me running the engine they way I did through qual).
Though if the car is damaged enough, you will get a "new" car for the race.

bcingu,
That tip is specific to that track and setup, so won't be very applicable at other tracks.
:)

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:17 pm

In that replay Wideload. You can see I was on the left and when my car 'twitches' left, I shat myself when I saw mattly passing on the left, so I corrected so as to not go too far left, but went to the right a spot too far D:
:>

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:49 pm

wide load wrote:Not to sure how to add the replay, so you will have to open it in Nascar to have a look at.
mmmm yes I cee.
I see Wide that you ended up scraping the wall because the pack slowed down suddenly.
I see that Hippy though turned right to far and hit you, so that part I think was hippies fault.
I also think that Mattly shouldn't have tried to make it three wide heading into that corner on the tri-oval.

So I think Hippy dinged it, and Mattly was silly to make a pass there :)
Boom Boom !

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:53 pm

Happy wrote:In that replay Wideload. You can see I was on the left and when my car 'twitches' left, I shat myself when I saw mattly passing on the left, so I corrected so as to not go too far left, but went to the right a spot too far D:
Thats how i see it as well, sorry wideload but not much to complain about there. you should have stayed inside of ian when he went high and you would have avoided the wall. Happy should have been able to hold his line better but it was just a racing incident.

Happy good to see even the top drivers sh*t themselves sometimes :D