GTR GT Season - Week6 - Spa

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Sulley

Post by Sulley » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:34 am

Very interesting racing...

Race one....I made a Nascar mistake, slowed for an accident and nerfed off.. but battled back up to 10th from dead last.

Race two.... avoided dramas at the start, except tapped a ferrari (gently) at the hairpin (sorry but ran outta brakes as you hit the guy in front)..somehow was then in 6th...Unbound was all over me looking for somewhere to pass, very patient, I pitted... passed him later via the pitstop and then a nervous couple of laps as he chased me down...Unbound's divebomb at last chicane, last lap, scared the crap outta me, I slowed and wondered if I caused the spin, realised I was way wide and he hit me so carried on to a 4th...

Amazing..first ever top five in any form of racing I think...so way chuffed. Great racing Unbound, cheers for your patience, I was very slow around the top of the circuit, and that last lap my nerves were shot and nearly blew it entirely..in a word exhilarating

As to the trouble ppl having with pitstops..never had an issue..so don't know what the deal is there. I always use full tank of gas for race, 1 stop with 1litre fuel, arrow downin pitbay, no tyres and all apples...Interesting how its often the very fast guys who have the trouble..could it be that in going so fast and using tyres so hard, that when it comes pit time, the game wants to replace em, you say no tyres so it decides I'll give him gas instead..something stupid like that maybe..dunno
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:50 am

Pit stops in gtr are bull crap cost me 7th in race one
said no tyres they still chznged em,and took my fullout and filled it up again stupid bullsed up game
apart from that the racing was ok except gregory parked on the track race line a later someone else
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

diseased

Post by diseased » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:55 am

Y'know...the bit about driving alternate cars got me thinkin'. I've got tons of addon cars and I suspect most of you guys do too, so why not use them?
Good race last night, btw... bummer I had to leave early.
"It is what it is."

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:53 am

Fly Im extremely sorry about Race one. When the frame rate/lag thing hits in GTR, the game does not respond very well.

I basically get left with a 2-3 second window of random activity and the only thing I can really do is mildly hit the gas. If I hit it too hard I could spin, but I would not know it till I had taken god only knows how many ppl out.

You should have stayed, you could have worked your way through just fine.

Hope you have not done a Spazzal and tossed your toys for the rest of the season.

These things do happen in real life. Cars over gas and spin on the line. Some stall and dont go anywhere.

Shite happens in the pits, fires, Crewmen getting bowled so I take these sorts of things on the chin as being part of that (BASSIL).

3 Races at Puke next week, there will be some Rippage, but it wont compare to Nascar (Inspire league, not the Rookies), will it ;)
"Run Yasmine Run"

Viking

Post by Viking » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:04 am

famin wrote:Had a great last corner pass on poor Viking for 11th that gave me some pleasure.
Yeah, was out of tyres. Tried to defend the inside but couldnt get the car to turn from there so ran wide letting ya run up the inside. Was worth a go as ya had the faster car. Nice clean racing.

Was surprised to finish so far up the grid as looking at my race times, I had the slowest fastest lap in both races. lol.

Bring on Puke for some close intense racing.
"Ooooh, Can someone please, remove these, cutleries, from my knees" - fotc
"All those who hate speeding tickets, raise your right foot"

diseased

Post by diseased » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:05 am

re: race starts... I'm wondering if we shouldn't just do a formation/recon lap where passing will result in a penalty, then do a flying start, so as to avoid the lap 1 lag issues.
"It is what it is."

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:55 am

diseased wrote:re: race starts... I'm wondering if we shouldn't just do a formation/recon lap where passing will result in a penalty, then do a flying start, so as to avoid the lap 1 lag issues.
1, cant de recon/formation laps on dedicated servers.

2, rolling start wont fix the lag issue, and will make lagged people even more of a disater.

The object of the start is to try and make up places, if the car in front doesnt move, of gets a bad start, you drive around them and make up a place.. you dont just plain drive ringt into the back of them, and blame them for the mistake ffs.

Look at an A1GP standing start :O

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:02 pm

Sulley, I was pretty sure If I rode you, you would have cracked, but thats not quite how I like to do things. I was hoping to find a decent place to pass, but you had it pretty well covered so I backed off through the critical parts of the track.
I knew there was know one behind us for miles going into the Chicane, so I thought I would give it a go as there was nothing for either of us too loose. I would have let you passed had I hit you.

Was fun!!

:)
"Run Yasmine Run"

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:56 pm

BAZZIL wrote:Let me know when you get rid of the pot luck pits.

That's three times now my entire race has gone out the window thanks to the whole dodgy pitting method in that shitty game
:/

That's about it for me for GTR, I'll await the v8 season.
Harden up ya softcock ;p
Wah Wah Wah

Liquid

Post by Liquid » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:22 pm

Why are you not racing GTR snake.

You need to "Harden up ya softcock" :D

Growler

Post by Growler » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:02 pm

People, people, people.
Relax a little...it's only a game.
I know everyone can be competitive - I for one want to win everything!
Race 1 - Someone stalled in front of me which I saw and I drove around him. then I got disconnected. Now that is a real ferk off and I was pissed.
But I calmed down and waited for race 2 and had a resonable race.
I did accidently knocked someone off as he braked a lot earlier than I did and I couldn't pull the car up in time. I went off as well.
I can understand people getting pissed off....I do to...but I also enjoy racing 20+ guys online and trying to beat them. Try racing in real life when things go wrong, the car breaks etc. (Been there done that!) It is REALLY frustrating. The game is full of bugs and everyone knows it.
Lets just get on with racing huh?

Growler.

Liquid

Post by Liquid » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:36 pm

diseased wrote:re: race starts... I'm wondering if we shouldn't just do a formation/recon lap where passing will result in a penalty, then do a flying start, so as to avoid the lap 1 lag issues.
As far as iam know the lag was due to poor Frame rate on a certain pc , nothing to do with network or something wrong with the game.

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:05 pm

yes my 3 gig prescott with half a gig of corsair and 9800pro is hideously outdated.
"Run Yasmine Run"

Liquid

Post by Liquid » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:25 pm

Hell yeah. thats like so old

Specs are not everything. i have a high end pc but i make sure the settings are set so i get a good frame rate (to count for the frame drop at the start on the grid) :D

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:40 pm

The reason its biting me back is I have only just started running the virtual mirror in the cockpit and it spazzs out on the grid when the crap starts flying. Will be fixed now tho!
"Run Yasmine Run"

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:48 pm

Snake Rogers wrote:

That's three times now my entire race has gone out the window thanks to the whole dodgy pitting method in that shitty game

Harden up ya softcock ;p
Comments from ze grave :P
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:49 pm

BAZZIL wrote:
Snake Rogers wrote:

Harden up ya softcock ;p
Comments from ze grave :P
I will return next week ;)
Wah Wah Wah

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:23 pm

UnbounD wrote:Sulley, I was pretty sure If I rode you, you would have cracked, but thats not quite how I like to do things. I was hoping to find a decent place to pass, but you had it pretty well covered so I backed off through the critical parts of the track.
I knew there was know one behind us for miles going into the Chicane, so I thought I would give it a go as there was nothing for either of us too loose. I would have let you passed had I hit you.

Was fun!!

:)
I appreciate that, a lot more of that attitude would go a long way in more than one league I can think of ;)

I'd like to think I had it covered, to be honest I was driving defensively half the time and holding it together by the fingernails the other half. I kept maybe too much eye on you in the mirrors, but that was in the main to make sure that when you made your move, I didn't stuff it or get dinged by blindly turning in on you when you were effecting a pass up the inside.

Thanks for not pushing your way thru, like too many others are all to eager to do, ye old thing called "giving the other guy some racing room", someit Murphy and Ambrose forgot the other week, when their egos overrode their common sense.
:D
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

YeeHarr

Re: re

Post by YeeHarr » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:08 pm

MadMarty13 wrote:Pit stops in gtr are bull crap
What is this problem in the pit stops?

The only one I had was because I drove the pit display clipboard badly. Really badly. And of course I've parked in the wrong place. But that's all fair enough. Driving isn't easy - pitstops shouldn't be either. It can win or lose a race. I can't imagine the nervousness I'd have screaming into the pits with a pitman right in front of me waiting to get run over because I slide or something.

It probably isn't random. There's probably a pattern. What is it?

Has everyone had it or just a couple of you?

Got replays?

Hauptmann

Post by Hauptmann » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:22 am

Although the map is very cool what a shit race.

race 1 - was around 12th behind a lambo in early lap, following real close on blachimont and the lambo braked making me brake and spin out and hit wall...sucked, down hill from there. Managed to steal 2nd to last position on last lap from someone else , thats a bonus i guess :D

race 2 was shit from start to finish

Thanks for the great race, Spa is really good map to race on.

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:34 pm

Chequers and Havoc you have till the end of the day to select the correct car on the site of you don't get any points from spa. Evreyone else is fine and pointss are preliminary till Midnight.
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:07 am

Points are now final.
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy