GTR GT Season - Week7 - Puke

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Sulley

Post by Sulley » Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:19 pm

Snake Rogers wrote: You got p.m.s sulley :> :larf: :larf:
Yus, Putting up with Moronic Shit ;)

Seems I started something, as sometimes happens when I stop swallowing the bile caused by the actions, rules or behaviour of some.

Personal note: my comments are not directed at you Unbound specifically how you have run, organised this GTR league but more generic outburst of frustration of how the racing in the online community goes in general.

My apologies Unbound if moaning has come across this way.
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:26 pm

if you're tired of getting beaten all the time, all you have to do is put some more practice in, aim to get first place in every race, aim to qual in first every race.
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:04 pm

Some of you sacks are just far too fussy, you can't always pick and choose and have things your way - the world isn't fair, stop crying.
:>

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:10 pm

What makes me laugh is when a guy with Agents skill and standing both on and off the track is not welcome to turn up occasionally and race.

We have always run open leagues because we want more people to join and learn and have fun. As the leagues get bigger we create a rookie league for the new guys so the experienced guys can race on without having to avoid newbies who are learning the tracks and how to set up and handle their cars.

I think it is very selfish at this early stage of GTR/Road Racing to restrict a league to the drivers who sign up at the begining of the series and the feilds will get even smaller as current drivers have to miss races or can not totally committ to racing every week so don't join the next league. When you have attracted full feilds of drivers because you have good community league going and not an exclusive club then you are in a position to enforce a few rules etc, just like the Nascar league. Or is that what your trying to avoid? A league that gets so popular and attracts many top drivers so that you'll have to drop out of that because there is too much competition?
Inspector

---

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:33 pm

Inspector wrote:What makes me laugh is when a guy with Agents skill and standing both on and off the track is not welcome to turn up occasionally and race.

We have always run open leagues because we want more people to join and learn and have fun. As the leagues get bigger we create a rookie league for the new guys so the experienced guys can race on without having to avoid newbies who are learning the tracks and how to set up and handle their cars.

I think it is very selfish at this early stage of GTR/Road Racing to restrict a league to the drivers who sign up at the begining of the series and the feilds will get even smaller as current drivers have to miss races or can not totally committ to racing every week so don't join the next league. When you have attracted full feilds of drivers because you have good community league going and not an exclusive club then you are in a position to enforce a few rules etc, just like the Nascar league. Or is that what your trying to avoid? A league that gets so popular and attracts many top drivers so that you'll have to drop out of that because there is too much competition?

Get Your facts staight, and read whats written.
Trolling is not a good look for you Inspector!

This IS an open league, anyone can come and go as they please!
"Run Yasmine Run"

Liquid

Post by Liquid » Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:37 pm

famin wrote:jesus wept Liquid. I was trying to be NICE. I assumed you and gregory would want to run in the lower league to be better placed get some wins...
Being excluded isnt a win!!!

bazz has been pretty consistently qualifying near the front all year.

hey it was just MY opinion not necessarily fact!!!!

Its not even agreed there SHOULD be a 2nd 'league' and already there's shite.

I give up!!!! I was just trying to do something positive instead of whinging and what do I get!??

but I will be there on sunday evening if anyone wants some tips. Liquid and everyone is obviosly welcome now coz I cant exclude anyone! :)
Dont be nice on my part and dont assume what other people think.
If i wanted to win so bad like you i would have chosen one of the best / fastest cars and run with no raditor during Q and blow smoke all over track to get the extra sec.

Iam not bugging you for having ideas, thats a good thing and more are welcome , just the way come across with TOP5 but dont mean top five, you mean only certain people which it doesnt matter if those people are in the top 5 or not. Its that type of attitude which will see people leaving the leagues all together.
Last edited by Liquid on Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

diseased

Post by diseased » Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:50 pm

I just race.
Sometimes I get knocked off track, sometimes I knock myself off, but mostly I just race.
Wouldn't mind doing an open-class thing, especially if people are open to addon cars, but that gets kinda complex.
Love to race the Ring with y'all.
"It is what it is."

Growler

Post by Growler » Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:59 pm

OK...For the next league...I propose a one make class - say the Lotus.
It keeps the cars even. No swapping vehicles half way through the season and everybody has a chance of winning. Yes - setups have a much bigger part this time, but I'm sure the top guys wouldn't mind sharing setups.
I also like MadMartys outlook. Just get out there and practise!!!

Growler.

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:02 pm

Yes, I think one car for everyone is a good idea >8D. More competitive (at least it should be)
:>

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:15 pm

Yer well we're thinking a v8 league, so they will all be the same :)
Boom Boom !

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:37 pm

_b
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

Agent X20

Post by Agent X20 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:57 pm

Inspector wrote:What makes me laugh is when a guy with Agents skill and standing both on and off the track is not welcome to turn up occasionally and race.
Woah, easy there Inspector. Don't put me on a pedestal seeing like I was well "instrumental" in a rather major bingle at the start of race one...

/me reminisces for the days of the good old GPL pick up races.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:39 pm

I'll say it again, using small words, so hopefully I'm understood....

1. New people joining for a race=no problem

2. New people getting points=problem

3. Agent welcome anytime..he's a gent

Can I make it any clearer or do I need to SWEAR to be heard and understood.. :ffs:
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

YeeHarr

Post by YeeHarr » Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:22 pm

BAZZIL wrote:Yer well we're thinking a v8 league, so they will all be the same :)
Gimme gimme gimme.

That would be great. No way I'd want to be stuck in some lame little car like a lotus.

360s or V8s would be great.

I won't drive in a league where my real car is almost as quick as the cars we race.

Urgh.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:33 pm

YeeHarr wrote:
BAZZIL wrote:Yer well we're thinking a v8 league, so they will all be the same :)
Gimme gimme gimme.

That would be great. No way I'd want to be stuck in some lame little car like a lotus.

360s or V8s would be great.

I won't drive in a league where my real car is almost as quick as the cars we race.

Urgh.
http://www.simcentral.co.nz/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1256
Boom Boom !

YeeHarr

Post by YeeHarr » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:01 am

BAZZIL wrote:
YeeHarr wrote:
Gimme gimme gimme.

Urgh.
http://www.simcentral.co.nz/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1256
Tease.

Do you want to loan me your Tardis?

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:57 am

it had the links ;p
Boom Boom !