Hauptmann

Post by Hauptmann » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:47 pm

Good race, except for that big crash on race 1 _b

Liquid

Post by Liquid » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:55 pm

Now wheres that Agent gone. ;)

Agent X20

Post by Agent X20 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:19 pm

I had low 1st gear gearing in my setup so I had a bit of wheelspin with TC off and was slow away. I knew it was going to be a bit dicey but hoped for the best. Someone hit me from behind and I was simply a passenger after that. By the time I'd untangled myself, recovered from overcooked rears courtesy of umpteen spins I was a lap down.

That after having the door slammed on me or worse several times while qualifying by folks who cocked up their lap (I seem to recall Liquid being a prime offender) but weren't prepared to let others through was pretty much all I needed.

So I went and had fun with Space Rangers. Much less stressful! ;p

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:06 am

Riven wrote:
Sulley wrote:Naw it was edited....so we don't have to listen top Bazz WAAAH about the stops HE has big problems with :D
No instead we have to listen to him WAAAAAAH when his tyres start to wear out, or he runs outta gas.
I do believe you had a bretty good cry "WAAAAH" you went like a moaning mini when your car spun countless times :)
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:07 am

Yeah, I was very pissed with myself

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:34 am

Enjoyed that racing very intense but also funny when you are behind snake lol
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

Liquid

Post by Liquid » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:34 am

Agent X20 wrote:I
I seem to recall Liquid being a prime offender) but weren't prepared to let others through was pretty much all I needed.
Thats a bit harsh. Remember puke is ahard track to Q on because of 20 odd cars trying to get a time in 10mins on a very short track, I dont recall ever holding anyone up, but if i did thats life (did you have your lights on) maybe i was trying to get a time in Plus iam in a slower car so iam not going to spend 10mins pulling over and letting every faster car through. You also have to remember you joined a leauge race where most others are racing for champ points and you arent so maybe having the attitude of "others weren't prepared to let others through was pretty much all I needed" is a bit harsh.

I tried my best in the races to let faster cars pass because the vett really struggled to get speed on that track (or maybe iam crap for setting the car up)

Agent X20

Post by Agent X20 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:57 am

I'll most certainly concede I didn't have my lights on - that's me not racing regularly and not knowing the rules. I also don't remember exactly who caused me grief but I'll describe my observations.

My comment was directed purely at running nose to tail with both cars clearly on hot-laps. For example the car in front makes a meal out of turns 2/3 gets all crossed up and gets off line. Now as I see it the car in front has made a hash of his fast lap so out of consideration for the car on the back bumper he should let the car behind through - after all he's still on a flying lap. What I saw instead was the car in front slamming the door, or worse punting the following car off as it tried to get back on line. There was no attempt made to give the following car any room to make the pass... I wouldn't make such comments if it was a small mistake, back stepping out or something but this was two bad corners, the car out of position and speed bled off.

I witnessed this on three of my half dozen flying laps... Ok I'm not racing regularly for points, but I did make a point of staying well clear of following cars when coming out of the pits, or if I went too deep into the hairpin I threw myself off rather than hit someone else.

Anyway - I'm not trying to make a song and dance about it. I was just a little surprised at what I observed as I would have thought with 24 odd cars on track all vying to get times in, the expectation of consideration for others would, if anything, have been greater than ever.

Or maybe this is just my old school open-wheeler GPL attitudes coming through. Who knows, but in GPL it was clearly understood that if you were not on a fast lap you made way for anyone coming up behind.

I arrived late on the server as Bursar had arrived to crash overnight for a job interview today, but was still expecting half an hour or so to get dialled in. Instead I found myself facing qualification much earlier than I'd expected and on track it seemed like every man for himself. Then at the start my high 1st gear gearing meant I was slow off the line, pretty sure I got tagged and then played pinball. By the time I'd recovered I was a lap down. Not quite the start I'd hoped for. Rather than getting pissed, watching 20 minutes of others racing I decided that discretion was the better part of valour and bailed. Hence my "all I needed" comment.

I will say that I knew my high gearing was going to be dicey - it meant starting with all TC off and would result in some wheelspin and a slowish getaway. Had I had more time on the server I was intending to have a backup gearing which if competitive I would have used. But without the time and with the Puke grid even tighter than ever it was always a risky proposition - so I'm really sorry if as a result I (indirectly) screwed up the race for other folks. Of course in my defence I'm still pretty sure I got tagged.

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:11 pm

With regards to your start Agent, I was behind you when you spun and am quite sure I didn't touch you. It was more than likely lag.. I didnt bother to save my replay so I can't check it, but it was certainly a pretty good ding up :D

It is written in the rules that if you screw up a lap in qualifying, or you're on your outlap etc that you should ensure you don't hold anyone else up. It can still be quite difficult to get a good clear lap in within the 10mins, especially on a short track like Puke.

I'm sure you're quite welcome to come back and race next week, just note that qual starts at about 8.50 :)

RedValiant

Post by RedValiant » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:13 pm

I had a fine stable race 1 and a very poor effort in 2. Seems if you spin once then it's all over for the rest of the race. Moved aside to let the leader through and spun it on the kink in the back straight... :Puke: and then 3 more times into the hairpin. There seems to be oil on the racing line through there...or I could just be a dolt O_o

That's it for me for the rest of this year, I'm off to the States soon and I don't have a twin brother to take over for me. Might try one last rookie oval before I scuttle my aging computer as 3-4 months of cold turkey will be hard. Will keep an eye out for the V8s and see where I am next year. Cheers, Daniel.

Liquid

Post by Liquid » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:15 pm

No worries Agent. I think Puke is a rare case of someone is always going to be behind or infront of you because of the shortness of the track and it will be a bitch fight for 10mins in Q.

Agent its a shame you dont race every week. its a good leauge to race in with a good bunch of guys (you already know that) and least it has less bitch fights than nascar Wed.

Agent X20

Post by Agent X20 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:24 pm

Bold wrote:With regards to your start Agent, I was behind you when you spun and am quite sure I didn't touch you. It was more than likely lag.. I didnt bother to save my replay so I can't check it, but it was certainly a pretty good ding up :D
It's no biggie - hell I may have spun on my own but it did certainly feel like a nerf. Lag could explain it. Still it's all in the past.

And yes it was a monster ding up. _b
It is written in the rules that if you screw up a lap in qualifying, or you're on your outlap etc that you should ensure you don't hold anyone else up. It can still be quite difficult to get a good clear lap in within the 10mins, especially on a short track like Puke.
Yup. Just sometimes these things need pointing out I guess. :)
I'm sure you're quite welcome to come back and race next week, just note that qual starts at about 8.50 :)
Heh yeah. I dunno why I thought it was 9:30 (which seemed late). I would be tempted to participate more often. Unfortunately at the end of next week I'm off on a 2 week business trip overseas which would kinda put a spanner in the works.

Might join in for Osch next week though.

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:37 pm

Thanks for playing Red!!

You take coat with you and take care.

You'll come back now, ya-hear!

:)
"Run Yasmine Run"

Growler

Post by Growler » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:02 pm

Liquid wrote:
I seem to recall Liquid being a prime offender) but weren't prepared to let others through was pretty much all I needed.
Thats a bit harsh. Remember puke is ahard track to Q on because of 20 odd cars trying to get a time in 10mins on a very short track, I dont recall ever holding anyone up, but if i did thats life (did you have your lights on) maybe i was trying to get a time in Plus iam in a slower car so iam not going to spend 10mins pulling over and letting every faster car through. You also have to remember you joined a leauge race where most others are racing for champ points and you arent so maybe having the attitude of "others weren't prepared to let others through was pretty much all I needed" is a bit harsh.

I tried my best in the races to let faster cars pass because the vett really struggled to get speed on that track (or maybe iam crap for setting the car up)
I was behind Liquid for a while on two of the three races...and on qualifiying. I thought he did very well.
At the same time, when I'm racing, I don't expect other cars to "give way" to me just because I'm quicker. All you have to do is wait a little and the passing oppotunitys will show up. Likewise, If I stuff it up, I get back on the track once there is a gap.

Growler.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:15 pm

Growler wrote:
Liquid wrote:

I was behind Liquid for a while on two of the three races...and on qualifiying. I thought he did very well.
At the same time, when I'm racing, I don't expect other cars to "give way" to me just because I'm quicker. All you have to do is wait a little and the passing oppotunitys will show up. Likewise, If I stuff it up, I get back on the track once there is a gap.

Growler.
On a small track like Puke, waiting for the gap can be horrid, like in Race Two when I spun off b4 back straight and lost a lap on the field until a gap appeared where I could rejoin without causing a pileup. Ah well shite happens.. you just box on and not give up.

Better time in race three, started dead last and worked way up to 10th and then spent several laps keeping Marty at bay, nearly blew it a couple of times, good racing Marty and great patience shown there bud, well done. _b _b
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:34 pm

Yes enjoyed it was only quicker than you in 2 places but not enough to get by cleanly so waited and tried the big dive on the inside on hairpin last lap but tyres were shot lol
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

Jon

Post by Jon » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:22 pm

Great racing in all 3 races , even with the big bust up in race 1 , started 9th and was about 19th by the first corner, but this didn't detract from the race because it affected so many people.
Race 2 everying just went right for once .
Race 3 was dicing with someone in yellow Saleen and a Lister it was great fun don't know who it was due to I can't race with tab on, I find it to distracting
Hope everyone enjoyed it as much as me

diseased

Post by diseased » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:45 am

UnbounD wrote:Thanks for playing Red!!

Um...dude... it's "Y'all come back..."... like "you all" instead of "you will".

Jeez, man, get your Texan straight, hehehe!
BTW, if anyone has replays of race 1-3 I'd love to get a copy from you.
"It is what it is."

Growler

Post by Growler » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:16 am

diseased wrote:

I have a replay of race 3 I will send ya.

Growler.

Growler

Post by Growler » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:17 am

Jon wrote:Great racing in all 3 races , even with the big bust up in race 1 , started 9th and was about 19th by the first corner, but this didn't detract from the race because it affected so many people.
Race 2 everying just went right for once .
Race 3 was dicing with someone in yellow Saleen and a Lister it was great fun don't know who it was due to I can't race with tab on, I find it to distracting
Hope everyone enjoyed it as much as me
Jon,

That yellow Saleen was me. I can't remember who was in the Lister...but it was great racing.

Growler.

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:56 am

diseased wrote:

Im an idiot, SuE <ME

"Run Yasmine Run"

diseased

Post by diseased » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:11 pm

Growler, re: replay... thanks man.

Unbound... I can't sue you, I'm not American anymore.
"It is what it is."

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:03 am

The following need to sign up at http://gtr-sc.zapto.org/ if they want points

Snake Rogers
MATTLY
X20

I won't be home till after 6pm to accept you assuming you've signed up by then (UnbounD may or may not get to it before me). After that you can choose cars.

I also won't be finalising the points till about this time on Saturday morning as exams on Saturday mean I won't be up at midnight tonight. So the rest of you can refrain from changing your cars between midnight tonight (Friday) and 7am Saturday :p

http://gtr-sc.zapto.org/

Please direct your attention to http://www.simcentral.co.nz/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1242 if you want the car changing instructions.
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:20 am

pass ;)
Wah Wah Wah