GTR GT Season - Week7 - Puke

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Agent X20

Post by Agent X20 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:15 pm

hahah pass here as well.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:44 pm

Eagle32 wrote:The following need to sign up at http://gtr-sc.zapto.org/ if they want points

Snake Rogers
MATTLY
X20

I won't be home till after 6pm to accept you assuming you've signed up by then (UnbounD may or may not get to it before me). After that you can choose cars.

I also won't be finalising the points till about this time on Saturday morning as exams on Saturday mean I won't be up at midnight tonight. So the rest of you can refrain from changing your cars between midnight tonight (Friday) and 7am Saturday :p

http://gtr-sc.zapto.org/

Please direct your attention to http://www.simcentral.co.nz/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1242 if you want the car changing instructions.
Is it really fair cop to have ppl join and collect point at week 7 in a comp, especially for those fighting over the scraps below the top five??

If this was a teams event, not so bad, it aint so what's the deal?
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:04 pm

Sulley wrote:Is it really fair cop to have ppl join and collect point at week 7 in a comp, especially for those fighting over the scraps below the top five??

I'm just doing what I said I'd do and will continue unless directed otherwise. Giving people a warning before they don't get points for a week.
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:14 pm

Eagle32 wrote:
Sulley wrote:Is it really fair cop to have ppl join and collect point at week 7 in a comp, especially for those fighting over the scraps below the top five??

I'm just doing what I said I'd do and will continue unless directed otherwise. Giving people a warning before they don't get points for a week.
Pardon me but that makes no sense and doesn't anwser the main thrust of my question.

1. Didn't you and Unbound organise this league and write the rules (which I can't find at the mo) and so "being directed" doesn't sound quite right.

and besides the main question is

2. Is it right for ppl to join the league near the end and take potential places and points off those who have been there from the start?

The warning for ppl who chnage cars without notice and therfore dont get points is fair enough and well established, its the brand new ppl getting points AT ALL I have the issue with.

Nothing against those that have popped in as of last week or so, its the principle, otherwise why bother about points at all.

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:51 pm

The league is as open now as it was at the start.
The league is as flexable now as it was at the start.

If enough people have a problem we will address it.

Right now, the only real problem we have is Drivers not doing enough practice to realise when their car is smoking or smoking on purpose.

We will attempt to police that during the next round.
"Run Yasmine Run"

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:30 am

Did you hear that famin?
im sure your car is as old as you the way it always smokes
or is that your stash catching fire lol :p
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:34 am

UnbounD wrote:The league is as open now as it was at the start.
The league is as flexable now as it was at the start.

If enough people have a problem we will address it.

Right now, the only real problem we have is Drivers not doing enough practice to realise when their car is smoking or smoking on purpose.

We will attempt to police that during the next round.
Change the rules to make closed radiators for Qual banned then.

Naw don't worry about the points thing, no else will give a rats behind. If I'm still p'od on Tuesday I just wont bother turning up as there is no further point.

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:17 am

Sulley wrote:1. Didn't you and Unbound organise this league and write the rules (which I can't find at the mo) and so "being directed" doesn't sound quite right.
Point 1. No. UnbounD is running this season. I didn't have the time to commit to properly helping run it as it runs across my exams (hence why I've missed the last several weeks). He asked me to continue to do the points as I already had a system of a sort working. I set up GTR-LS because it would be easier for me in the long term and much quicker to get points out. That is the extent of my involvement atm. Points monkey and annoying suggestions guy :p

However point 2 is "Chill'ax". GTR has been very open and very casual due to the somewhat dicey nature of the game online. Refer everything else to UnbounD's post. I'm going back to my books :p

EDIT: Oh and the points for Puke have been finalised
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:18 pm

Harden up Sulley ;p
Wah Wah Wah

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:38 pm

Inspector wrote:
Sulley wrote: Naw don't worry about the points thing, no else will give a rats behind. If I'm still p'od on Tuesday I just wont bother turning up as there is no further point.

Man if I prayed hard enough I knew a miracle would happen.

What better example could one ask for. I joined GTR knowing my skill level was on the verge and my setup abilities sucked to the max but with help from the guys, some extra traction control and a bit of luck I was able to compete in the first GTR league. Now the cars are too fast and too powerful for me and I don't practice as much as I should so I have sort of given up. But still I can't help myself, I want to come and race with the guys, multi-player is so much fun and what this community is all about.

But now we are are in a situation where win at all costs and "get off the track I am racing for a more important position than you" has taken over and in Nascar we have competed ourselves into a corner of protests and abuse.

It would be nice if we could go back and find some middle ground somewhere. Did I mention Monday night Stockcars to anyone, or is that not "pure" enough for all you perfectionists?
Inspector

---

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:36 pm

Snake Rogers wrote:Harden up Sulley ;p
Esay to say when your NOT the one getting shafted by a fun and open league where we score points but it doesn't matter as anyone can join anytime and make a mockery of the whole thing.

Its either a compettion for individual points or its a series of fun racing for racing's sake nights, you cant have both, if you dont think its serious just read or listen to the abuse being thrown around in chat or on vent.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:49 pm

Inspector wrote:
Inspector wrote:
Sulley wrote: Naw don't worry about the points thing, no else will give a rats behind. If I'm still p'od on Tuesday I just wont bother turning up as there is no further point.

What better example could one ask for. I joined GTR knowing my skill level was on the verge and my setup abilities sucked to the max but with help from the guys, some extra traction control and a bit of luck I was able to compete in the first GTR league. Now the cars are too fast and too powerful for me and I don't practice as much as I should so I have sort of given up. But still I can't help myself, I want to come and race with the guys, multi-player is so much fun and what this community is all about.

But now we are are in a situation where win at all costs and "get off the track I am racing for a more important position than you" has taken over and in Nascar we have competed ourselves into a corner of protests and abuse.

It would be nice if we could go back and find some middle ground somewhere. Did I mention Monday night Stockcars to anyone, or is that not "pure" enough for all you perfectionists?
Yes all very good, how bout all the people who have the time and access to multiple race nights a week, just rack off and stay with the Nascar racing and lets the rest of us unfortnates having a fecking look in for a change.

Basically getting sick and tired of the same people winning everything everywhere and no one else gets a chnace of any decent results, so I;m not fast enough or good enough to beat them on my own, true not denying it, just tired of seeing them win everything in addition they are also the ones who do most of the sledging and crap on vent etc.

Yes yes totally unrealistic of me to expect anyone here to understand a fecking word Im on about, the usual suspects will have their snide and pathetic things to say....

It will be interesting to see the level of vitriol my comments attract, small point to rememebr, not that it will make much difference but, I'm not one of the loonies on track that everyone whines about or gets penalized and such, maybe that's the answer, I'm too considerate, give ppl racing room etc, I need to harden up and be a complete prick in order to get anywhere maybe.

Growler

Post by Growler » Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:59 pm

Firstly I don't take sides but I would have to agree with Sulley.
Yes - this is an open league and a fun league...and generally people enjoy it. At the same time it is a very competitive league. I'm certain that if one of the top guys lost out because someone came on for the night and took potential points away, there would be shit going down.
If some of the guys were at the very first race...didn't come back until now, well that is a different story. In all intents and purposes they were going to run in the league. I'm too far down in the points to really worry about it...but I don't think it is fair on some of the other drivers. As mentioned earlier if there is an issue I will go with the majority, if not too bad.

Growler.

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:01 pm

Sulley wrote:
Inspector wrote:
Inspector wrote:

Yes all very good, how bout all the people who have the time and access to multiple race nights a week, just rack off and stay with the Nascar racing and lets the rest of us unfortnates having a fecking look in for a change.

Basically getting sick and tired of the same people winning everything everywhere and no one else gets a chnace of any decent results, so I;m not fast enough or good enough to beat them on my own, true not denying it, just tired of seeing them win everything in addition they are also the ones who do most of the sledging and crap on vent etc.

Yes yes totally unrealistic of me to expect anyone here to understand a fecking word Im on about, the usual suspects will have their snide and pathetic things to say....

It will be interesting to see the level of vitriol my comments attract, small point to rememebr, not that it will make much difference but, I'm not one of the loonies on track that everyone whines about or gets penalized and such, maybe that's the answer, I'm too considerate, give ppl racing room etc, I need to harden up and be a complete prick in order to get anywhere maybe.

You got p.m.s sulley :> :larf: :larf:
Wah Wah Wah

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:22 pm

I think if you're not properly participating in a league, then you shouldn't be participating at all. The turning up on the odd occasion cause you feel like a race but can't be bothered turning up for every race is a bit of a sad sack thing to do I think.

Maybe the problem is we just don't have any nights in the week where it's just fun racing without points in the mix.
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

famin

Post by famin » Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:26 pm

Id suggest a race for fun tonight using the Aussie V8's and an aussie track. But as I cant host a race that would be up to an admin to set it all up.

Does anyone want to do that?

AND

Ive also been tossing around an idea for a 1st division league for GTR which would not allow the top say 4/5 guys in the 'premier' league to participate. Yes I know that includes me at the moment. But I really want to give the mid pack and almost men a chance to get some racing for a win. Its damn no fun if you KNOW you aint going to be able to compete for a win for whatever reason (like practice time etc) like Inspector says.

But again, that would need an admin to set it up, and an honesty system whereby the top 5 or so racers DONT participate!

How you decide who are those top 5 im not sure... maybe a poll?

Id suggest the aussie V8's or the GT2 cars (they havnt had a good run yet).

Id be wrapt if that got off the ground and would further suggest that the top 5 guys could be allowed to coach for the racing (if anyone wanted some coaching). I'd love to help out if I can and get someone else up to speed. That alone would be fun for me.
Throttle depressed, driver very happy

Liquid

Post by Liquid » Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:34 pm

I dont like that idea.just another "lets separate the fast guys from the slow guys" and the rest of the guys will feel like "stuff this"

Racing with only five people would be boring. I race because i enjoy racing with everyone, i dont care if they are mid pack or not.

Not really in the spirit off racing online i feel.

Shame people like inspector etc dont race because its those types of guys who should becuase they make racing fun. The more people racing the better

We are suppose to be getting more people into road racing not putting them off.

I think its time for people to speak about the leauges ,talk about how to improve things , what people want and not want, its not up to one person to make the rules but up to everyone who takes place. Seems like people are getting put off things during thie season of GTR.

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:44 pm

i think famin meant that everyone ran in teh top class, unless it gets too full. But the top 5 cannot race in the next class down.

Liquid

Post by Liquid » Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:53 pm

an idea for a 1st division league for GTR which would not allow the top say 4/5 guys in the 'premier' league to participate.

sounds like 2 leagues to me

famin

Post by famin » Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:55 pm

Riven wrote:i think famin meant that everyone ran in teh top class, unless it gets too full. But the top 5 cannot race in the next class down.
correct. I didnt mean stop the 'open' class. that would still be for everyone.

I meant another nights racing for everyone except the top 5 (which i would currently list, and remember this is just my opinion, as Happy, Riven, Bazz, famin, Unbound)

Im just trying to give others a taste of winning is all.

and if they start winning regularly then maybe they should move on up.

yeah maybe its a crap idea but Im trying to think of something to give some +ve re-inforcement to those to regularly trail round at the back. It cant be much fun can it?

OK, how about another idea... I will give a setup course and track analysis on Sunday night for Oscherschleben. Ill be there at 8pm if anyone wants some tips. Ill be on Ventrillo, Im NOT the fastest but I might be able to pass on something. Top fivers will be excluded tho.... and it wont be a race.
More like trail around slowly and discuss the corners and setup etc.

(something like Riven did ages ago for sears point in nascar tptcc)

any takers?

Liquid

Post by Liquid » Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:59 pm

But Bazz is running 9th. I run 5th but thats right Famin i dont Count :o

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:00 pm

well i will be there practising,am getting comfortable in the vette now and starting to get somewhat competitve have been really concentrating on my driving styles and setups putting a lot of timed into them now.
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:21 pm

Liquid wrote:But Bazz is running 9th. I run 5th but thats right Famin i dont Count :o
Shit I didn't know I was doing that well :) I thought I was well down :>
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

famin

Post by famin » Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:41 pm

jesus wept Liquid. I was trying to be NICE. I assumed you and gregory would want to run in the lower league to be better placed get some wins...
Being excluded isnt a win!!!

bazz has been pretty consistently qualifying near the front all year.

hey it was just MY opinion not necessarily fact!!!!

Its not even agreed there SHOULD be a 2nd 'league' and already there's shite.

I give up!!!! I was just trying to do something positive instead of whinging and what do I get!??

but I will be there on sunday evening if anyone wants some tips. Liquid and everyone is obviosly welcome now coz I cant exclude anyone! :)

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:43 pm

Great to see so many opininated people in these forums lol
its becoming like the beehive....god forgive us
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL