Australia V's New Zealand CTS Race

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:52 pm

can't you set two up on the same server , just use a different port ?

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:53 pm

Two groups of 10 is good, or even 4 groups of 5, we don't want to take too many of our cars out if there is an accidental ding up :)

]-[ITMAN

Post by ]-[ITMAN » Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:42 pm

I don't think a single ventrillo channel would work too well for team strategy... :)

]-[ITMAN

Post by ]-[ITMAN » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:43 pm

I whipped up a quick movie/promo which is so far off SimTV standards its not funny... But still it'll give you an idea of what 40 team trucks at Tally looks like... :)

http://www.asrg.org/nascar2003/talites/AusVsNz.wmv [5Meg]

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:03 pm

when 90nm athlon 64 3500's bowl into the country, I shall partake in some movie making too :)
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:15 pm

]-[ITMAN wrote:I whipped up a quick movie/promo which is so far off SimTV standards its not funny... But still it'll give you an idea of what 40 team trucks at Tally looks like... :)

LOL ! look at all those cars !

Shit you suck at driving skuz ;p
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:43 pm

I think Skuzz is actually doing a fine job driving 20 cars at once ;p

]-[ITMAN

Post by ]-[ITMAN » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:56 pm

skuz has cloned himself Matrix stile... :)

I wont mention which team won the 40 truck AI race either.

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:04 am

I'm in discussions with TV3 and Sports Tonight to have Howard Dobson present a special Sports Tonight episode of coverage of the race.

It will be for internet broadcast/video file download only, and will not be broadcast on TV3 or any other tv station. But ST are keen to be involved, just need clearance from TV3.

Stay tuned :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:26 am

We'll have to be on our best behaviour, and smile for the camera _b _b
great stuff Prom :)

]-[ITMAN

Post by ]-[ITMAN » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:34 pm

That's awesome! :)

You guys rock.

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:54 pm

I will comb my hair :)
"Run Yasmine Run"

]-[ITMAN

Post by ]-[ITMAN » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:01 pm

That does it... I'll be expecting to hear the Haka over ventrillo then, can't have kiwi's going into battle with out that to scare the beegeezus out of the opposition. Hang on, that's me, never mind. :)

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:13 am

]-[ITMAN wrote:I whipped up a quick movie/promo which is so far off SimTV standards its not funny... But still it'll give you an idea of what 40 team trucks at Tally looks like... :)

That's great stuff, a good prelude to the real thing. I think we will need to drop Skuzz from the team as he seemed to be involved in every single accident in that movie.......obviously a bit of a loose cannon!

I don't mean to harp on or appear to be the doddery old fool, but I am not happy about the picture at the start of the movie! I know it is all good fun and I'm more than happy to make dingo jokes etc, but there are two reasons why we have to tidy our act up a little and show a bit of maturity.

First of all Prom has built us a very good reputation with his outstanding movies, a reputation good enough to attract Sports Tonight to be a part of the event. This is a small and modest start for our sport/hobby but we will only get better coverage if we put on a fun but professional display. You decide if you think any TV show or news will be interested in showing that logo on national TV.

Secondly and in my opinion most importantly is our sponsors. If you want to sit at home and race week in and week out without any recognition then that's fine. But the possibility of seeing myself race on TV is quite attractive to me, the possibilty of attracting more people to our community through this sort of coverage is quite attractive. But the possibilty of losing our sponsors who are vital to our racing leagues even surviving is not attractive to me at all. Our sponsors give us a lot and they do not want their name associated with national abuse in any form. You and I know it is all in good fun, but when Joe Bloggs sees that picture sitting beside the logo of one of our sponsors, and no understanding of what it is all about, then our sponsors will look bad.

I'm sorry to be a stick in the mud, but we didn't build up these awesome leagues to potentially be seen by the public and by our sponsors as immature computer kiddies. ]>"rant off"<[
Inspector

---

]-[ITMAN

Post by ]-[ITMAN » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:13 pm

Inspector!

That was a 30 minute thrash in CCM, photoshop and premiere...

To be honest this little idea has taken off and it now has a life of its own, something I'm now hoping will lead to a few more trans Tasman events.

Don't worry about the Test logo man, simply couldn't find anything Ausraliany-NewZealandy in the 2 minutes I spent searching in google. Guess what I found though... :)

Um, that's not an official promo, simply a quick much around to help spark interest in a few guys in my club who should have signed up already... :)

If Prometheus has the time to whip up something to promote this event and or lead into the event highlight movie itself, then by all means that would be awesome... However that movie was a much around and its certainly not to be taken seriously by anyone... in fact delete it.

I had a few thoughts of creating something a little more professionally, however footage of Aus NZ rubgy tests only lasts as long as the game on my VCR and they didn't play last week... :)

But man, I understand where you're coming from, but if its all too serious then no one will be having any fun... this deal will be a lot of fun trust me. ;)

M

Post by M » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:01 pm

I totally agree with Inspector.

Also, I hope one day we can hold a race like this will all the drivers in one venue on each side, not to mention in the same venue same venue. Being organiser of tournaments for the World Cyber Games and closely involved with the Australian side of things, I am sure the venue itself will not be a problem and it would be great to bring a racing LAN to a specator event like the WCG national final in August. We are already planning future events outside of the WCG titles and web broadcasts to go along with them.