Australia V's New Zealand CTS Race

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Australia V's New Zealand CTS Race

Post by Inspector » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:33 pm

As mentioned previously one of the Australian drivers has suggested a Nascar CTS Teams Race between our two countries.

George Fullerton is the guy who has set this all up and he is keen to hear our ideas on how this should run and when/where we are ready to get it all up and going. Due to my commitments at the moment I am not putting the time and effort into organising this that is required to achieve a successful & enjoyable event. I would like someone to step up and take control, not say "I'll help", but actually take control. Post your intension to take over then send a message to George or email him which you can get from me and get the NZ side of this going. I have set up an email address Aus-NZ-CTS@kiwisimracing.com which can be used (or something else - you choose) and I will add all organisers to it for group communication.

I would like to see this done properly and this is why I am asking for someone to take over who is willing to give 100%. I will assist in any way I can and the kiwisimracing.com domain will be made available to the organiser(s) if you want it.

Ask not what the racing community can do for you, but what can you do for your community!!!!!

GO NEW ZEALAND
Last edited by Inspector on Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inspector

---

]-[ITMAN

Post by ]-[ITMAN » Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:23 pm

Hi all,

I'd just like to follow up with a few words. Firstly thanks to Inspector for organising things this side of the Tasman thus far. I don't believe this event *its one race after all* requires a great deal of work, I'm organising the Aussie side of the show and we're a bunch of slackers... :)

We just need someone to step up and have a look at the race format we've proposed and come to an agreement on Track, lap number, damage etc. You'll also need a truck file and 20 numbers to stick on them.

All drivers placings/points count to a team total on the night, and there can only be one winning team! :)

My take on this race is simply to keep it as simple as possible. We race because its fun, and what could be more fun than a big bunch of Aussies and Kiwi's all drafting/drifting and dodging one another for 100 something leaps on a superspeedway.

We just need 20 Kiwi's, a date/time that doesn't impact leagues and stuff. The http://www.asrg.org/ more than happy to host this event and I'm more than happy to work out the details with anyone. You've got more than enough quality drivers to make this event an absolute cracker!!!

Sookie

Post by Sookie » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:42 am

Hi fellas, Ive raced with these fellas for years, as a kiwi it's been an unfair advantage as you'd imagine racing these Aussies ;) ..where do I join and if you need an average driver with average skills then i'm your man.

PS: luv to run in a NZ gtr/nascar league (I have money (when "she" lets me) )

hope this is the right place to put this

Lean forward

Steve.ed@xtra.co.nz

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:45 pm

web wise i am there for ya, league already set up.

could i suggest we do this around anzac day, tie it into that, April 25th for both countries, which is a monday

we also need to set a base make for the event.

the roster is currenty locked, i can add drivers upon request or open it up

Team Names are New Zealand or Australia

Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:20 pm

Ive just been chatting with inspector and we have decided that I will take over running the kiwi side of things.

So post if you want to do anything or have any ideas.

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:24 pm

if we could decide on a make for each teamm then we could get tony to do a base paint for each team.

then we need to confirm a date with the aussies, and the teams can be made up.

maybe we need a best out of 3 series

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:00 pm

The Aussies have their scheme, it was posted earlier. I think Bazz has started a scheme based on his GT40 for Mattly.
Ford for Australia
Chevy for us

Last edited by TonyG on Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:03 pm

Id vote for Toyota, mainly because its a slightly less american pile of s$#t. :D

]-[ITMAN

Post by ]-[ITMAN » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:20 pm

Great stuff guys.

Thanks Ron for setting up the web site, I've got a logo for the Test Match done already :)

There's a very good chance of a rematch given the fact that only one team can be declaired the winner.

I'm in the process of emailing Flyboy69 and Ron the initial race proposal so we can name the time and date and make this thing happen.

Stay tuned! :)

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:32 am

i don't want to see no under arm bowling in this series (just joking) :rolleyes:

Bring on the aussies :>
Wah Wah Wah

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:57 pm

I'm happy to help in anyway with organisation.

Naturally, SimTV will be along for the ride.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:45 am

righty ho then, lets slap together a skin,

What sponsors do we want on the truck ?

Inspire
VR Concepts
SIMTV
simracerhq
simcentral

anything else ?

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:54 am

Maybe we should chat to the Aussies to match the # of sponsors on the trucks, and so the trucks will look similar - placement, size, etc.

So a NZ truck and Aus racing side by side will look very similar - would make the coverage look better I feel.

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:57 am

I agree that the sponsers should be the same for both teams, but wouldn't we want something unique to each country for a paint scheme?

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:00 pm

TonyG wrote:I agree that the sponsers should be the same for both teams
Why exactly? The sponsers for the teams are down to each team. Why would they need to be the same? Or am I misunderstanding what your suggesting?
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:06 pm

I was thinking more on the lines that we will both be running on the Inspire server or an Australian server, so we should recognise that, if there is a prize for the winning driver then that sponser should be recognised, it is organised on Simcentral, Simracer and the Australian TTS, so they should be recognised, and I'm probably missing more :)

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:42 pm

Ah, sense that makes :)
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:25 pm

TonyG wrote:I agree that the sponsers should be the same for both teams, but wouldn't we want something unique to each country for a paint scheme?
Yep.

What I meant by my mangled NZ Education system-learnt writings was :
let's say there's 4 sponsors. It would look very nice if both sides had the same number of sponsors, and their position on the paint scheme is also the same.

Eg: NZ InspireNet - logo covering rear bumper
AUS KangarooNet - logo covering rear bumper.

And so on. Visually it would look much better than a stack of sponsor gfx slapped onto the NZ trucks (which would all look the same apart from banner name on windscreen and truck#) and a different stack slapped onto the Aus trucks.

In the real world, if something like this Aus/NZ tournament was going ahead, paint scheme & sponsor logo positions would be predetermind and given to manufacturers.

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:42 pm

Totaly agree Prom :)
I'd been thinking we should do the same in "our" league, we are getting better organised and the paintschemes are getting better all the time, we should look at some uniformity to recognise the sponsers :)

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:37 am

Hardcore mode ?
"Run Yasmine Run"

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:48 am

I believe the difference is that Hardcore has less grip than the "normal" BR track, can't connect to the site at the moment, but I read that a while ago :)
EDIT
This thread will server as the official information thread concerning the two variations of the SuperSpeedway tracks.

Why two versions of the same track?

The original DaytonaBR and TalladegaBR tracks worked out great and have become ver popular. However, they were a compromise of the type of racing that is possible at these tracks. I added a good deal of grip to the tracks to create a stable environment for side-by-side racing. The added grip allowed beginners and driving aids users a chance to run the track great, but experienced drivers suffered as the extra grip was not really needed by them. This is the reason for the two versions.

Version 2 (V2) = This version is for the beginners and driving aids users. It has the extra grip all over the track to help with stability. I look at this version as the "starter" track. Drivers can experience the fun of side-by-side racing and begin to learn what it takes to be competitive in a draft. Once a driver becomes more stable and experienced at drafting and holding their line, they might want to look at the more challenging "Hardcore" version mentioned below.

Hardcore = This version is intended for more experienced drivers. This version has less grip than V2. Drivers can probably expect to make some adjustments to their setup to fit the different feel of the track. Handling is more of a premium on this track especially as more cars/trucks add to the speeds in the draft.

Taken from

http://brianring.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=524

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:18 am

I posted in the update thread, but it probably got missed in the "number" frenzy :)

What setup are we going to use for this track? and we will have to practice online, so will need a couple of races...thoughts?

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:27 am

TonyG wrote:I posted in the update thread, but it probably got missed in the "number" frenzy :)

What setup are we going to use for this track? and we will have to practice online, so will need a couple of races...thoughts?
Yeah we should practise drafting as a 20 car group with no passing or crashing O_o

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:06 am

Yes I was just thinking about that.

But maybe we could also try two groups of ten. That will give us some team tactics and the option to try things. Also we can split into to different Ventrillo rooms for the race('s) and then do a debreif at the end. As im under the impression that the Aussies will not be on the same channel as us.
One group with the new skins and one without.

??
"Run Yasmine Run"

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:55 am

Our Ventrilo server only hold 32, so I think the aussies may have to have thier own channel O_o