New Zealand Nascar League - Stockcar Series

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

New Zealand Nascar League - Stockcar Series

Post by Inspector » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:56 am

Information thread for the trial/fill in series of Nascar Stockcar Racing.

There is a NZNL Monday Night Stockcars section at SimRacerHQ where you can sign up for the league and then we will create teams once we have enough to form the basis of the two teams. Drivers can be added as we go along but we need 16 to 20 sign ups to form the core of the teams.

Bazzil will paint the 2 team cars, and once you sign up (with your name and number - league numbers are reserved for those drivers as always) your name will be put on a skin (front and back) and you car numbered in the "Opponent Manager" but no numbers will be placed on the skin. All skins will be made available for download and we will be away.

League format will be:

The test league will run over 5 weeks on a Monday evening. There will be a 5 minute warm up/practice session between races but no qualifying, all race starts will be random grids. There will be 3 races per night (meeting). Race 1 will start at 9.00pm. Meeting 5 will be a 2 race meeting at 20% per race and the tracks will be a drivers choice selection. After meeting 4 a poll will be put up with each track we have raced as an option and all drivers vote for their two favourites.

Rules:

The rules are very simple, you race for points for your team. Individual points do not count although they will still be listed at SimRacerHQ because that is the way the software works. The only final score that will count will be the team score. All cars will score points as per standard Nascar scoring, even if you get taken out on lap 2 you will still score a place as long as you do not quit the game. Drivers unable to attend will be given points for one place below last place. The only don't is, do not attack below the line or above the line. In other words do not deliberately drive from the track below the track inside line to attack another car and do not drive from below the line up into the racing traffic to attack. Obviously there will be times when cars spin out of control and this happens, generally people will say sorry I was out of control etc, but if you think it was deliberate then have a look at the replay and protest through the forum. Anyone found to have attacked deliberately will have their points for that race removed from the team total. There will be no restrictions on pitting as there has been in the past stockcar races but if there is issues in the first few races where there are only a few cars left running and many laps to go, the pits can be closed at set times or when a set number of cars are left running. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. No reversing into other cars, no attacking in the pit lane. The use of Ventrilo to tell your team mates who to attack/block/take out/support etc etc is highly encouraged, and extra points may be awarded to the best sarcastic remarks to the opposition team.

Start Time Rules

Please note that the start rules are the same for nomal Nascar.

1. You must maintain a small gap (1 to 2 car lengths) from the car in front until you cross the start line.

2. You must stay directly in line behind the car in front of you until "YOUR CAR" has crossed the start line.

3. You must not attack or block another car before you have crossed the start line.

Any breach of these rules will be penalised with the removal of the offending cars points from the team total for that race. Any collisions, intended or accidental before the start line will force a race restart. The committee will review the replay of the aborted start and issue penalties to offenders, including drivers who continuiously cause pre race start issues.

End of Race Rules

Once you have recieved the chequered flag you must slow and pull off the track. The hitting of other cars after crossing the finish line is not allowed FULL STOP. Even if the other car has also finished the race you MAY NOT attack them. The resons for this is very important.

It is the nature of this league that cars not only attack, but also block other cars. If a driver from one team is blocking/holding up another car so his team mates can gain positions and you hit them (intentional or not) after you have yourself finished the race then you are breaking the rules. Having a bit of fun after the race with others who have also finished could quite possibly interfere with drivers who are still competing so the rule is simple. No hitting after you have crossed the finish line

Practice Rules

Just a quick note on hitting during practice. 5 minutes before race 1 and the 5 minutes practice session between race 2 and 3 are deemed to be race practice time, NOT HITTING PRACTICE TIME. There are many drivers who would like to spend those few minutes getting in a few practice laps to get to grips with the track. There will be plenty of opportunity during the race to crash and bash. This league is all about team points and you only score good points by racing well and to do well you need to drive the track well along with avoiding the other team.

Please, if you do not need to practice, stay in the pits during the 10 minute "Official Practice" and let the others get some laps in. Intentional hitting during practice will be reviewed and penalties or race stand downs may be applied.

Attacking Rules

Do not attack cars parked or driving below the track bottom line. Do not attack cars on the track from below the track bottom line. If a car is stopped with part of their car below the track bottom line do not attack them. Do not reverse down the track (you can use reverse to go the correct way round the track if you wish).

Do not hit cars entering, exiting or in the pits. The same give way rule in the pits applies as in the Wednesday League.

Hints:

You are racing for points. You score more points the higher up you finish. The attacking car often comes off worst, why? Because the weakest part on the car is the engine. You hit someone full noise front on and you'll blow your engine almost straight away and you'll score bugger all points for your team. You charge at someone full noise and miss and hit the wall you'll blow your engine and score bugger all points for your team. Yes this is Stockcar racing but skill is required, you need skill to take your car to the front and score maximum points for your team, you need skill to block the leading opposition cars without getting in your team mates way, you need skill to take out opposition cars with wrecking your own car and without wrecking your team mates cars.

If you want to enjoy this league then don't throw your brain out when you get in the car. It is a race that you can hit in, not a demolition derby or last man standing.

Vehicles: CUP Cars

Damage: Moderate

Pit Stop Frequency: 1x

Setups: Fixed Fast (will accept custom setup if issues are found)

Driving Aids: All off (except clutch)

Yellows: Off

Drivers & Teams:

Red Team
#601 Inspector
#602 Happy
#603 Snake Rogers
#604 Carnage
#605 Bold
#606 Odie
#607 Flyboy69 (part time)
#608 Aaza (maybe part-time)
#609 bcingu
#610 Big Al
#611 DAZA
#612 Ford Prefect
#613 Kezza
#614 Havoc
#615 Painkiller
#616 Ronwest

Black Team
#701 Bazz
#702 Biteme
#703 Cool ET
#704 Danman
#705 Wood (part time)
#706 Jetboy
#707 lancealot
#708 MadMarty
#709 Prometheus
#710 Storm
#711 Trooper
#712 Unbound
#713 Viking
#714 Wide Load (part time)
#715 Wonder Stevie
#716 Wraith

Download NZNL Stockar Teams Skin Pack Here

Tracks:

Meeting 1 - 7th November - North Carolina/Salem

Race 1: North Carolina 15%
Race 2: Salem 15%
Race 3: North Carolina 15%

Meeting 2 - 14th November - Hillside/Dover

Race 1: Hillside 15%
Race 2: Dover 15%
Race 3: Hillside 15%

Meeting 3 - 21st November - Atlanta/Lowes/Texas

Race 1: Atlanta 10%
Race 2: Lowes 10%
Race 3: Texas 10%

Meeting 4 - 28th November - Ozark/Bristol/Darlington

Race 1: Ozark 10%
Race 2: Bristol 10%
Race 3: Darlington 10%

Meeting 5 - 5th December - Grand Final - Drivers Choice

Race 1: Drivers Choice 20%
Race 2: Drivers Choice 20%

Track Downloads:

NZNL Stockcar Series Tracks

As always this league is open to changes in rules and format especially because it is new. Your suggestions are welcome and if this becomes popular we can consider running more and improved Nascar Stockcars next year.

Cheers
Last edited by Inspector on Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:56 am, edited 8 times in total.
Inspector

---

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:34 am

Team cars sneak preview..............Bazzil has been working hard on a colour scheme for the team cars and these early pics look pretty stunning.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Inspector

---

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:36 pm

New Zealand Nascar League - Monday Night Stockcars site is up at SimRacerHQ. Logon and go to the members area/leagues and join the league. All we need is your car number (remember numbers used in the two current Nascar Leagues are reserved for those drivers) and you will be added to a team by the admin when they have a clear list of competitors. So we need everyone to sign up as soon as possible so we can get the teams sorted and your name painted on your team car and the car files uploaded for you to download.
Inspector

---

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:45 am

Inspector wrote:Team cars sneak preview..............Bazzil has been working hard on a colour scheme for the team cars and these early pics look pretty stunning. He has a little more work to do, mostly making the red stand out a little better in the rear view mirror but they are pretty close to being ready.
No gold..I am surprised and even worse no BLUE :D

Nice skins both of them, the black in particular brings back fond memories of the imtimidating NZ scheme for our TransTas clashes.
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:55 pm

NO BLUE _b
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:12 pm

Can you make blue car for Marty, Bazzil :D
Wah Wah Wah

Viking

Post by Viking » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:36 pm

Snake Rogers wrote:Can you make blue car for Marty, Bazzil :D
That'll make him an easy target.
"Ooooh, Can someone please, remove these, cutleries, from my knees" - fotc
"All those who hate speeding tickets, raise your right foot"

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:54 pm

Well I seemed to be an easy target in both leagues last wednesday :ffs: lol
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

Sulley

Re: re

Post by Sulley » Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:57 pm

MadMarty13 wrote:Well I seemed to be an easy target in both leagues last wednesday :ffs: lol
Ahhhhh...feeling a bit Blue are we ;p

Its part of the oval racing ethos in the NZRL, maybe its, get used to it or get out like I did.

And no I'm not knocking the league per se, its part of the way it goes, five years tends to make for a pattern.

I didn't overcome, adapt, suck it up or whatever is required to persist, so flagged it. I'm NOT suggesting you do or anyone else does, just accept its part of the Oval racing.

Maybe a positive from the new stockies is that bash and crash goes there and std sensible racing develops more consitently in the older league.

One can only hope so, for everyone's continued enjoyment of the racing.
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:50 pm

Well i cannot moan much as in earlier rounds and seasons i have lost control(like many others including established drivers)and have got in the way,The vr concepts league i was rammed of the track 3 times which ruined my championship hopes,in the inspire league after qualifying really well I was hammered from behind after the first corner and went down hill wrecking tryes trying to avoid everyone elses mess that i started losing it myself so retired,but thats racing i didnt yell and scream,I sucked it in and put it out of my mind next week is another round,and i can lok forward to monday nights and PAY BACK lol
also can look forward to gtr which i am really enjoying at the moment,then its that stressful wednesday night again where ventrillo spills out all sorts of foul language with me reaching for the volume slider before the childrens ears are breacghed,funy how the stockcar people were abmonished for this yet it is allowed on wednesdays for nascar?
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

bru68

Post by bru68 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:10 pm

as i have tried to pm some one to find out if i can fun the first two rounds with a gamepad as its still 14 days before i get my wheel i guess i`ll have to pullout of this racing .As somebody cant be bothered with replying to my pm ! q-

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:19 pm

I think for the style of this racing gamepad should be fine for the first two races, Mad marty raced the nascar league with a gamepad for a while and wasn't too bad.

:)
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

rob_c

Post by rob_c » Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:05 pm

There are 26 drivers signed up, now.

Have the admin decided on the teams ?

As the first meeting is tomorrow night, will the skins be available ?

If not, will the series be put back a week ?

Looking forward to it . . . tho as I haven't been in one before, I don't quite know what to expect. :eek:

Will there also be separate Ventrillo Channels for each team ? . . . for "tactical" reasons. :D

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:57 pm

Yer Inspector and I were meant to have a chat today about teams.
I'm generating the skins now but I can't see the teams being formed by tommorow night, Might be best if we do a practice race this week and start the actual league next week?
Boom Boom !

rob_c

Post by rob_c » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:21 pm

BAZZIL wrote:Might be best if we do a practice race this week and start the actual league next week?
Sounds good. :-)

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:37 pm

Be sure to check here:

http://www.simcentral.co.nz/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1365

for the practice race details.
Boom Boom !

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:49 am

After our practice run last Monday we have been able to identify a few issues and sort them out. Over the weekend Bazz and I will create 2 new teams which will be together for the series and put driver names on the cars and create a new skin pack for everyone to download. We have decided to continue on using the 600 and 700 series of numbers to make it easier to identify opposition cars using the F2 screen whilst you are racing. It was suggested that drivers rename their profile to have Black or Red before their name but this may cause confusion for the Wednesday racing and quite frankly some of you are just not up to the challenge.

The first official meeting of the series will kick off this Monday evening and you will note that all 3 races will be 15% length. Race 1 starts at 9.00pm on the dot and there is no qualifying, random grids for all races.

Meeting 1 - 7th November - North Carolina/Salem

Race 1: North Carolina 15%
Race 2: Salem 15%
Race 3: North Carolina 15%

These tracks will be running on the server from Sunday morning on and will continue to rotate through until after the racing when the server will be reset to Wednesdays track. This will happen every week until the end of the series.

If you are on the server when it moves over to race, please either quit out (the server will not run the race but move to the next track when no one is on the server) or if you are staying, get the race over and done with as quickly as possible so that other don't have to wait too long to join the server. Race length is set to 5% during this time.

If your name is not in the list above (in the first post) and you would like to join in the fun then please post here as soon as possible so we can make a car for you. If your name is in the list above but you have decided you do not want to compete or are unable to then please post here and let us know otherwise when you don't turn up it will make the teams uneven and make it more difficult for your team.

Just remember our league slogan.........

"If you can't beat them...........smash the snot out of them"

"IS IT MONDAY YET?"
Inspector

---

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:13 am

IMPORTANT NOTE !!!!!!

If you haven't already, please go to SimRacerHQ and logon. Go to the member area and click "Join League" beside NZNL Monday Night Stocks section. Just use your Wednesday night car number for now, when the new teams have been formed we will manually change your number for you.

If you do not sign up at SimRacerHQ your points will not be counted for your team when the analysis is uploaded so it is vital that you join the Stockcar League if your name is listed.
Inspector

---

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:05 pm

Start Time Rules

Please note that the start rules are the same for nomal Nascar.

1. You must maintain a small gap (1 to 2 car lengths) from the car in front until you cross the start line.

2. You must stay directly in line behind the car in front of you until "YOUR CAR" has crossed the start line.

3. You must not attack or block another car before you have crossed the start line.

Any breach of these rules will be penalised with the removal of the offending cars points from the team total for that race. Any collisions, intended or accidental before the start line will force a race restart. The committee will review the replay of the aborted start and issue penalties to offenders, including drivers who continuiously cause pre race start issues.

End of Race Rules

Once you have recieved the chequered flag you must slow and pull off the track. The hitting of other cars after crossing the finish line is not allowed FULL STOP. Even if the other car has also finished the race you MAY NOT attack them. The resons for this is very important.

It is the nature of this league that cars not only attack, but also block other cars. If a driver from one team is blocking/holding up another car so his team mates can gain positions and you hit them (intentional or not) after you have yourself finished the race then you are breaking the rules. Having a bit of fun after the race with others who have also finished could quite possibly interfere with drivers who are still competing so the rule is simple. No hitting after you have crossed the finish line

Practice Rules

Just a quick note on hitting during practice. 5 minutes before race 1 and the 5 minutes practice session between race 2 and 3 are deemed to be race practice time, NOT HITTING PRACTICE TIME. There are many drivers who would like to spend those few minutes getting in a few practice laps to get to grips with the track. There will be plenty of opportunity during the race to crash and bash. This league is all about team points and you only score good points by racing well and to do well you need to drive the track well along with avoiding the other team.

Please, if you do not need to practice, stay in the pits during the 10 minute "Official Practice" and let the others get some laps in. Intentional hitting during practice will be reviewed and penalties or race stand downs may be applied.

Attacking Rules

Do not attack cars parked or driving below the track bottom line. Do not attack cars on the track from below the track bottom line. If a car is stopped with part of their car below the track bottom line do not attack them. Do not reverse down the track (you can use reverse to go the correct way round the track if you wish).

Do not hit cars entering, exiting or in the pits. The same give way rule in the pits applies as in the Wednesday League.
Inspector

---

bru68

Post by bru68 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:22 pm

i`m unable to race in this league due other comitments sorry about this

wide load

Post by wide load » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:37 pm

Im not available to race this Monday.

rob_c

Post by rob_c » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:51 pm

I've removed my name from the league on SimracerHQ.

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:19 pm

Inspector

---

Trooper

Post by Trooper » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:26 pm

i can only race 1 race tonight due to 2 school exams tomorrow q-
"To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone."
- Bruce McLaren