GTR GT Season - Week8 Oscherleben

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

GTR GT Season - Week8 Oscherleben

Post by UnbounD » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:47 pm

An amazing track requiring a good setup and a very deft right foot. More throttle input than most of the tracks so far. Learning the cars reaction to the curbing will give you time and save you from the sand. Good luck.

Format

2 Races of 25 mins Duration
NO Pitstops

Qual for Race one 8:50 NZDT

NOTE:
This is a non smoking league ;)

The reason behind this is Simple. A smoking car impeads the vision of following cars. Were this real, you would be putting lives at risk.
This mainly applies to Qual, but we shall see what happens with the race. I doubt it will be an issue here, but the next couple of races will tell all.

Should your car be seen smoking on the circuit, you will be instructed to safely pull over and fix your car. ONCE

If it happens again, I will initiate a Kick.

Should you be kicked, consider yourself removed from the event.
Should it happen the following week, youll be kicked again, the server passworded, and you can consider yourself removed from the league (and possibly the server inbetween).

If you have a problem with this, feel free to PM me!
Last edited by UnbounD on Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Run Yasmine Run"

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:41 pm

Well said...

Brett will have to take up Drinking instead :D
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

famin

Post by famin » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:38 am

spoilsport... :( :D
Throttle depressed, driver very happy

Growler

Post by Growler » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:45 pm

Well...to sum it up....both races sucked!!!
My setup was pretty useless so I guess that would have lots to do with it.

Growler.

famin

Post by famin » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:50 pm

well for once I was right on the pace and had two great races.
riven cracked in the first but hung on in the 2nd..

There was rarely more than 1sec between us for 18 laps on race 2. I tried a bit hard on lap 17 and made 2 wee mistakes which gave him an extra sec but you have to try eh?

I really HAVE to congratulate all the cars we lapped as without fail they moved over and let us get on with it. At times I was real worried that Riven would go past and then somone would get back in line again but every time they let me thru.

That makes for superb racing.

I missed getting the 2nd race replay tho... is there a server copy?

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:53 pm

Shame I dudded it too many times >8p~
:>

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:58 pm

That's all very well Famin, but your stock was very low at the start of the race, if you get the replay I suggest you look closely at both ends.

Sorry if I'm speaking outta turn, but you had your vent off and your name was MUD. Good racing after that no doubt.

MY night was frankly...poos...

Disco in race one, Race two, spun, bunted you name it early, then case of survival after that. Picked a few spots thru others misfortune which always pretty rank, did one great pass on Bill I think in turn one, I was so amazed I pulled it off I nearly fell off immediately..lol

Couple of grease spots next two rounds, mmmm, where do I get a four wheel drive hack before next week :D

Growler

Post by Growler » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:56 am

Couple of grease spots next two rounds, mmmm, where do I get a four wheel drive hack before next week
Landrovers are Us!

Growler.

famin

Post by famin » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:04 am

well Id love to get the replay then Arran coz i have no idea what youre on about. Who was throwing the mud?

I recall dropping to 4th and having to get past a saleen I think to get back to 3rd behind happy about half way round lap 1 and from there it was completely clean racing, and at the end there was no-one near me at all!!!

:confused:

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:11 am

Famin, Your car was smoking from very early on in the race.
I could see you from the other end of the main straight.

Will investigate later.
"Run Yasmine Run"

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:14 am

famin wrote:well Id love to get the replay then Arran coz i have no idea what youre on about. Who was throwing the mud?

I recall dropping to 4th and having to get past a saleen I think to get back to 3rd behind happy about half way round lap 1 and from there it was completely clean racing, and at the end there was no-one near me at all!!!

:confused:
I've said too much already I suspect, Unbound was in the Saleen you had to get round on lap one of Race Two, he has the reply and the issue with you.

Sorry Unbound for sticking my oar in.

famin

Post by famin » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:42 am

UnbounD wrote:Famin, Your car was smoking from very early on in the race.
I could see you from the other end of the main straight.

Will investigate later.
oh, you mean race 1 when it smoked.!!!

yes that was totally unexpected. (I said as much after the race). I had only ever done 5 or 6 laps consistently in practice as Id only discovered that setup yesterday afternoon, and it never smoked then at all. It took about that to show up in the race and I started to short shift and ease off to try and mitigate it. It mainly and only appeared down the pit straight when I wound up into 5th.

there was no intention of causing smoke at all and in fact I had increased the rad already from the qualifying setup (which didnt smoke for its 3 laps )

there was no intention of getting any extra advantage or of causing following cars a problem. In fact I was mortified when it started to occur knowing you had banned smoking cars.

Obviously I increased the rad again for race 2 and the smoking disappeared as far as I could see.

I will be certainly very pissed off (with myself) if you do anything about my win (which was the best race I think Ive ever done) but que sera sera.

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:51 am

Famin........

The replay, and complaints will be handed too someone not running in the league and penalties will/will not be applied from there.

You car was smoking, you should have kept an eye on your temps attempted to cool your car. Was this real life, you would have been either black flagged or your team would have pulled you from the track to keep your rubber band intact for the next race.

As for race two, you sqeezed me to the right and I had to keep moving over so I would not hit you. I ended up in the sand and was lucky not to hit anyone as I exited there.
Sadly I missed your car as I exited.
At the time I would have got great pleasure from ramming you from the track. Just tellin ya how it was ;)
"Run Yasmine Run"

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:56 am

Famin as usual the great driving ambasador I see :)

_b
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

YeeHarr

Post by YeeHarr » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:48 am

Sulley wrote:
did one great pass on Bill I think in turn one, I was so amazed I pulled it off I nearly fell off immediately..lol
That was a great pass. I was amazed I didn't see you slide off the corner after you passed me. Very nice.

For me race one was much better than race two. I definitely get slower in the second race. Still the 10-11-12 places in race two were fun to drive with. Shame I kept falling off the track.

I was a passenger after bouncing over one of the chicanes in one of the races - sorry to the innocent victim I slid sideways into.

famin

Post by famin » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:50 am

understood Unbound.

I can only re-iterate that the smoking was absolutely not deliberate and was a surprise to me too but I wasnt going to stop while in the lead (would you?). re temps, I use the roof/bonnet view so cant see temps.

re the squeezing, I can understand your 'ramming' attitude. As I said I'd like to see a replay.

and bazzil... duly ignored

this is really depressing after having what I thought was the best two races for me in GTR ever.

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:05 am

Dont be depressed, embrace it. Its all part of the drama.
:)
"Run Yasmine Run"

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:15 am

Same show different week ;p
Wah Wah Wah

Liquid

Post by Liquid » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:44 am

Same Hoe Different Week :D

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:19 am

It might have been me who hit you off the track in race 2 unbound, last corner and you slowed to let me past I think - I didn't expect that and didn't slow down enough, I think I tapped you off the track every so slightly.

Was that the incident you're confusing with famin ? or was his one a differant one >8p ?
:>

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:42 am

Happy wrote:It might have been me who hit you off the track in race 2 unbound, last corner and you slowed to let me past I think - I didn't expect that and didn't slow down enough, I think I tapped you off the track every so slightly.

Was that the incident you're confusing with famin ? or was his one a differant one >8p ?
Yes you fat Hoe, you did punt me off :)
No drama!

But that was near the end, Famin squeezed me off the line etc.
"Run Yasmine Run"

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:29 pm

Snake Rogers wrote:Same show different week ;p
:D Stolen from Oval racing :p

Oh and by the way, you ARE Welcome to race, just getting points I have a prob with ;)

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:03 pm

Sulley wrote:

Oh and by the way, you ARE Welcome to race, just getting points I have a prob with ;)
u have that problem with half the field tho don't u ? o_O
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:09 pm

BAZZIL wrote:
Sulley wrote:

No just you bazzil i think ;p
Wah Wah Wah

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:49 am

BAZZIL wrote:
Sulley wrote:

If you were half as smart as your mouth, you would realise that your question exposes more about YOUR attitude to the racing community and your fellow racers than mine does.

I do not begrudge those racers who have signed up for a full season of racing , getting points, yes I have revealed my frustration at the same ppl getting all the goodies all the time.

My competitive nature is unfortunately not backed by the skill, practise time or patience to get to the top end of most events. I have limited time for online racing so look forward to Tuesdays in a big way and want to do well.

I need to modify my approach and/or expectations, one option is to disregard the points systems as they currently stand and set my own targets and judge my performance against them. For example, at least one Top Five per season and overall Top Ten performance. So far so good in the GTR season.

As far as the GTR league goes, Unbound has now explained that we are scoring points but its an open to any at any time arrangement. I misunderstood the basis for the league and that has now been clarified.

If nothing else, I continue to take pride in the fact that I'm not a menace on the track, I give others racing room, I hardly ever cause accidents etc.

I may have trouble at times with low meds level off the track, but on the track at least I can keep a lid on it.

Oh and by the way the US TPTCC league is just fine, had my first race last week, it was a hoot, was having a good time in second until I forgot to nix the tyre change lol, and then battled to get back on terms with Viking for second place.