GTR GT Season - Week8 Oscherleben

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:24 am

As far as I am aware, no one other than those that have signed up has scored points. Your Whaing over nothing.
"Run Yasmine Run"

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:59 am

Sulley wrote:
BAZZIL wrote:
Sulley wrote: :D Stolen from Oval racing :p

Oh and by the way, you ARE Welcome to race, just getting points I have a prob with ;)
u have that problem with half the field tho don't u ? o_O
If you were half as smart as your mouth, you would realise that your question exposes more about YOUR attitude to the racing community and your fellow racers than mine does.

I do not begrudge those racers who have signed up for a full season of racing , getting points, yes I have revealed my frustration at the same ppl getting all the goodies all the time.
And what are all the goodies?

My competitive nature is unfortunately not backed by the skill, practise time or patience to get to the top end of most events. I have limited time for online racing so look forward to Tuesdays in a big way and want to do well.
if you don't have the time for practice or don't have the patience, why are you even worried about not getting podium finishes?

I need to modify my approach and/or expectations, one option is to disregard the points systems as they currently stand and set my own targets and judge my performance against them. For example, at least one Top Five per season and overall Top Ten performance. So far so good in the GTR season.
You go on about never getting the high placings or 'goodies' but this is where you set your goals at? - why not 1st or 2nd places for every race?

As far as the GTR league goes, Unbound has now explained that we are scoring points but its an open to any at any time arrangement. I misunderstood the basis for the league and that has now been clarified.
Yah I agree I don't think joe blogs should be racing on the odd occasion when people are competing for points - pick another night for that I believe

If nothing else, I continue to take pride in the fact that I'm not a menace on the track, I give others racing room, I hardly ever cause accidents etc.
Yus we all appreciate your on track Attitude Sully :)

I may have trouble at times with low meds level off the track, but on the track at least I can keep a lid on it.

Oh and by the way the US TPTCC league is just fine, had my first race last week, it was a hoot, was having a good time in second until I forgot to nix the tyre change lol, and then battled to get back on terms with Viking for second place.
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:55 pm

UnbounD wrote:As far as I am aware, no one other than those that have signed up has scored points. Your Whaing over nothing.
This all started with the following:

From Eagles Page 3 Puke thread...........
The following need to sign up at http://gtr-sc.zapto.org/ if they want points

Snake Rogers
MATTLY
X20

.....................................................................................................

This and what you have said Unbound implies that if you sign up at Race 7, for example you will get points. I still feel this is unfair/uncool..whatever, but if that's the rules then that's the rules..No problemo.

Eyes all dry..no worries :D
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:19 pm

BAZZIL wrote:
Sulley wrote:
BAZZIL wrote: u have that problem with half the field tho don't u ? o_O
If you were half as smart as your mouth, you would realise that your question exposes more about YOUR attitude to the racing community and your fellow racers than mine does.

I do not begrudge those racers who have signed up for a full season of racing , getting points, yes I have revealed my frustration at the same ppl getting all the goodies all the time.
And what are all the goodies?

My competitive nature is unfortunately not backed by the skill, practise time or patience to get to the top end of most events. I have limited time for online racing so look forward to Tuesdays in a big way and want to do well.
if you don't have the time for practice or don't have the patience, why are you even worried about not getting podium finishes?

I need to modify my approach and/or expectations, one option is to disregard the points systems as they currently stand and set my own targets and judge my performance against them. For example, at least one Top Five per season and overall Top Ten performance. So far so good in the GTR season.
You go on about never getting the high placings or 'goodies' but this is where you set your goals at? - why not 1st or 2nd places for every race?

As far as the GTR league goes, Unbound has now explained that we are scoring points but its an open to any at any time arrangement. I misunderstood the basis for the league and that has now been clarified.
Yah I agree I don't think joe blogs should be racing on the odd occasion when people are competing for points - pick another night for that I believe

If nothing else, I continue to take pride in the fact that I'm not a menace on the track, I give others racing room, I hardly ever cause accidents etc.
Yus we all appreciate your on track Attitude Sully :)

I may have trouble at times with low meds level off the track, but on the track at least I can keep a lid on it.

Oh and by the way the US TPTCC league is just fine, had my first race last week, it was a hoot, was having a good time in second until I forgot to nix the tyre change lol, and then battled to get back on terms with Viking for second place.
Thank you for the reasonable reply, after my rather rude opening comment, well colour me surprised, I do apologise for that, off the cuff reaction rather than considered response, you'll note my comments got better as my diatribe went on, I should have edited it before posting.

I suspect either my comments or your interpretation is wrong, the dilema is that while I cant give it the practice time or dedication to improving skill level I also want to do well. More practice isn't the answer, neither is setting unrealistic goals, I'm honest enough to face facts that I cannot compete with you top guys.

Doing ok, keep going when falling off, determined to attend and finish every race, not being a menace while your at it, starts to to wear thin, I do thank you for your comment in relation to this, that is very gratifying.

The 'Goodies' as in high placings isn't likely given the skill gap etc..maybe other goals or divisons of racers would help, there is a bunch of us GTR boys I think who would happily compete against each other for a 2nd division prize/kudos whatever.

Maybe something to consider for the next season of road racing...maybe I'll do a poll at the end of the current GTR season to garner interest in that idea.

juliant

Post by juliant » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:15 pm

i think you can still have fun in the back of the pack with people of similar speed - not sure if there is enough of us for a separate league. I was a bit disappointed with the last race - had done a bit more practice and was getting in the 1:26's sometimes, but had more woes with pedals come race night - accelerator was almost on-off and I was a good 3 seconds slower. Yesterday swapped back to the original Red Line Race controls setup (using it as a separate joystick with my DFP wheel), and after a few initial hassles getting GtR to accept the right axis, things appear to be all good now - was back to 1:26's.
So look-out JT is gonna be moving through the field :D Well maybe....

Hauptmann

Post by Hauptmann » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:34 pm

i have fun at the back cos i know i aint getting anywhere near the front, but oscherleben was crap for me, first race wasnt too bad i was competing for second to last position with JulianT in his Lister at beginning then got to 15th i think thanks to everyone else spinning out :D

second race was crap from start to DNF . Took the scenic route round the spun out Viper and got back on the road last, crap setup i was spinning at every corner.

overall :Puke:

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:10 pm

Sulley wrote:The 'Goodies' as in high placings isn't likely given the skill gap etc..maybe other goals or divisons of racers would help, there is a bunch of us GTR boys I think who would happily compete against each other for a 2nd division prize/kudos whatever.
Much like the Rookie points in Nascar? The idea has merits. However I'm not quite sure what the dividing line would be in skill for competing in the 2nd division... previous season rankings maybe? Everyone above 10th can't score in the 2nd division but everyone scores in the first?

Certainly something to consider if there is some form of GTR racing. V8/GT/NGT or other.

Points are up and without problems this week. Except for applying penalty points re:smoky car. See http://www.simcentral.co.nz/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1379 to have your say! :p

I didn't realise how far through the season things were. I was going to resume racing next week but I think it's a bit late to bother now :/
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

famin

Post by famin » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:20 pm

umm excuse me... didnt I just try to suggest that as a 2nd nights racing minus the top 5. Of course then I got chastised for not including someone in the top 5...

anyway of course I agree with the concept of rookie points and having them awarded in a race will make it easier (a good idea) but again who is and isnt a rookie?

Good luck sorting that out. :>
Throttle depressed, driver very happy

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:46 pm

famin wrote:umm excuse me... didnt I just try to suggest that as a 2nd nights racing minus the top 5. Of course then I got chastised for not including someone in the top 5...

anyway of course I agree with the concept of rookie points and having them awarded in a race will make it easier (a good idea) but again who is and isnt a rookie?

Good luck sorting that out. :>
Easy top 6 r Division One, the rest is 2 division, but only for those that have completed a full season. If not a full season its based on avergae per race attended, extrapolated for an entire season to detremine whether they would be above or below the line...well that's one way anywho :)

famin

Post by famin » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:16 pm

Thank god I have a maths degree....

otherwise thats beyond me... ;)
Throttle depressed, driver very happy