Monday Night Nascar Stockcar - Practice Race

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Wraith

Post by Wraith » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:31 pm

awesome stuff all great fun had _b

apols to happy i think in the last one for the hit off the infield but she had no front tires mate so no steering...no engine for that matter either
Wraith

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:37 pm

I don't think it was me o_O
:>

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:42 pm

LOL - In Bazz's picture his pit team is all black, i painted them like that before uploading the skins, but I just noticed they are all wearing "Blue Blue, Blue Suede shoes, Blue Blue, Blue Suede Shoes......."

o_O
Inspector

---

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:55 pm

Unofficial Points totals:

Code: Select all

Race             Red              Black
1                 1752             1615
2                 1255             1929
3                 1716             1565
Totals:           4723             5109
Last edited by Bold on Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Biteme

Post by Biteme » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:58 pm

:crazy: Wheeee, that was fun.

Some would say it suits my style. ;p :rolleyes:

Big thumbs up to all who have spent hours in putting this together. _b _b

Cheers...
Why does KSR suck at FPS?

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:18 am

Black all the way.

Cheers lads lots of fun :)
Wah Wah Wah

Lancealot

Post by Lancealot » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:39 am

Well that was a blast. No pressure, no fights, just good fun :D

Even if in race 3 I didn't even make it to the first corner. One of those crazy black cars must have had his engine shoved back into the boot as jesus that was a hard hit. :eek:

Roll on next week _b

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:55 am

Great fun, thanks Inspector et al for the organisation _b

Really really enjoyed the 1st two shorter tracks, mainly because people can't get too far ahead of you.

Let's do it again !
YouTube videos

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:07 am

I will definitely drop Altoona as it apparently has a black flag bug. Some feedback I have had already is that the slightly bigger North Carolina was better racing the the smaller tracks, even Bristol. I'd be interested to hear what everyone else thinks. One of the new tracks I have dropped in is Primal which is a slightly larger track. If you get a chance, have a look and let me know what you think and I'll make it a main track if people like it. I guess there is not much room for skill on the small tracks, avoiding cars is almost impossible so I think this is why the slightly larger tracks might be better for us especially if we continue to get good feilds.

Although Wood and Odie didn't make it for the black team last night I thought the red team performed rather well considering it was full of Nascar newbies. Obviously the skills learn't on the stockcar track were of some use. The red team won both the 1st and 3rd race and overall were the better team and only lost out to some early random crashes in race 2 which saw 7 of the red team parked in the first few laps. In all the races but specifically I noted in race 1 some outstanding blocking from red team members, removing 1st and 2nd placed black cars allowing myself and Happy to go through for the top spots. Obviously the more pionts individuals score the better each team will do so some patient and inteligent driving is required, realising that finishing is more important than the big kamakaze, but being clever enough to work out who needs to be blocked or completely stopped at the right times is what it is all about. Well done to the red team who all contributed to an overall outstanding performance which overshadowed the extra points the black team were lucky to get in one random race.

Please keep the feedback coming in each week so we can improve and iron out any issues and thanks to everyone who participated in the practice run, it was great fun.
Inspector

---

Kezza

Post by Kezza » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:28 am

That was awesome. Nice change from such tense Wed racing.

I liked the larger track as gives a chance to race a bit while trying to avoid others and crashes (sounds like wed night :D). Also tests skills for trying to take guys out flying up behind.
Smaller tracks seem bit more like destruction derby still heaps of fun.

CarnaGe

Post by CarnaGe » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:31 am

I got ripped on the first race in T1 she was an Ace shot scored by that dodgy driver Carnage
Cheers Baz. You are a good driver and the opportunity to shake ya bones was there so I took it. I came out of it mobile with some damage but my race was ended a few laps later trying to nail that Rogers fulla ;p

In the remaining two races I had my eyes open but you got through and scored points, the reason why I took to you early in race one :D

This was a blast inspector, thanks to you, Bazz and anyone else involved that made it all happen.

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:43 am

Ithink the slighty larger tracks are better like north carolina damm that track should even be in the wednesday league
Inspector said red were the overall better team.hmmm yes he would say that he was in the red team but black was the overall best team as they out scored red on points even though red won 2 races to one and a quote from inspector the aim is to score points for your team lol
Black5100
red 4700
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

GarethRobinson

Re: re

Post by GarethRobinson » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:31 am

MadMarty13 wrote:Ithink the slighty larger tracks are better like north carolina damm that track should even be in the wednesday league
Yay, someelse else agrees with me :D Bring in The Rock, Darlington etc. etc.
E6850 Core2Duo 3Ghz/4Gb DDR2-800/8800GTS/G25
Waiting for fixed-line broadband

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:06 pm

Kezza wrote:That was awesome. Nice change from such tense Wed racing.

I liked the larger track as gives a chance to race a bit while trying to avoid others and crashes (sounds like wed night :D). Also tests skills for trying to take guys out flying up behind.
I agree, so much destruction going on in the smaller tracks that i barely had time to check my F2 screen, the larger track allowed for more time to check who was ahead and who was coming up from behind so you could apply some strategy in knowing when to block or attack and when to race.

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:48 pm

Big Al wrote:
Kezza wrote:That was awesome. Nice change from such tense Wed racing.

I agree, so much destruction going on in the smaller tracks that i barely had time to check my F2 screen, the larger track allowed for more time to check who was ahead and who was coming up from behind so you could apply some strategy in knowing when to block or attack and when to race.

I agree with both of you here. My intention with creating this league was not to be a "demo derby" or "last man standing" but instead it should be racing the you can hit in. I am open to suggestions on tracks so have a look through your tracks and suggest any you feel might be good or give me a link to any you want me to try from around the many track sites.
Inspector

---

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:06 pm

Inspector wrote:..The red team won both the 1st and 3rd race and overall were the better team and only lost out to some early random crashes in race 2 which saw 7 of the red team parked in the first few laps..
hahaha, talk it up Inspector ;p
'Random crashes' .. LOL ! those were carefuly orchestrated pin point accuracy critical hits delivered by the black team sealing our victory over the red team by a healthy 379 points.

I'm sure you're immensley proud of your Red team with their uncreative blocking and brute force car bending techniques but sorry chaps, there's no prizes for second place in this here competition ;)

I thought all the tracks were good (apart from the fact altoona has pit bugs) medium length like north carolina I thought was quite good, just for a change to get a bit of speed up. I'd say that would be the largest track you'd want to run however, once half the field is stacked beyond repair the race can become quite dull.

Other than that, tip top effort I thought, cracking race and can't wait till the actual teams are formed and the mud slinging begins !.
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:21 pm

Inspector wrote: I am open to suggestions on tracks so have a look through your tracks and suggest any you feel might be good or give me a link to any you want me to try from around the many track sites.
8 Bowl :D because it's fast and carnage, got blind corners and the inside line changes _b
YouTube videos

CarnaGe

Post by CarnaGe » Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:34 pm

BAZZIL wrote:I'm sure you're immensley proud of your Red team with their uncreative blocking and brute force car bending techniques but sorry chaps, there's no prizes for second place in this here competition ;)
You are right Bazz and thankfully that was a practice. I now know I don't have to hit you so hard to make you crumble, you are naturally soft :o

As for your team mates, well mad mary was certainly an easy target, bit hard to hide on the grass infield when it is covered in cement.

That Rogers fulla is easy, just pin him against the wall and mute ventrilo... :cute:

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:33 pm

So you peeked under sssnakes pink dress then :eek:
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:41 pm

my defining moment of the night

car slightly bent on Bristol....looked at F2 screen....inspector in front of me....crunch :B :devil: blood crazed eyes cleared just in time to see inspector pop into view as we both retired from the race.....hehehehe

Nascars never been so much fun :)

Think Bristol was a little to small, as that particular stella moment was about the only time I checked my F2 screen as the cars by that stage had thinned out a fair bit (appears most of the red cars had been scared off the track in the opening laps)

Wood

Post by Wood » Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:04 pm

Sorry I couldn't make it, I had some things to take care off :( . You'll have to put me down as part time for the next few weeks.

Also those lovely folks at telecom have finally exercised their right throttle my connection, I'll trawling at rather nautical velocities for the next 12 days D:. Still alright for stockcars though?
Brake on the straight before it's too late.

Viking

Post by Viking » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:32 pm

Thanks to everyone who helped put this together. Much fun was had.
Great fun working out how to wreck the other guy without destroying your own car. :D

Go the Black team, was hard to find a Red car to spin in that 2nd race.
"Ooooh, Can someone please, remove these, cutleries, from my knees" - fotc
"All those who hate speeding tickets, raise your right foot"

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:36 pm

CarnaGe wrote:
BAZZIL wrote:I'm sure you're immensley proud of your Red team with their uncreative blocking and brute force car bending techniques but sorry chaps, there's no prizes for second place in this here competition ;)
You are right Bazz and thankfully that was a practice. I now know I don't have to hit you so hard to make you crumble, you are naturally soft :o

As for your team mates, well mad mary was certainly an easy target, bit hard to hide on the grass infield when it is covered in cement.

That Rogers fulla is easy, just pin him against the wall and mute ventrilo... :cute:
Well the only time i really saw ya was in my rear view mirror :D

Bring on next week Mr CarnaGe ;p
Wah Wah Wah

CarnaGe

Post by CarnaGe » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:48 pm

Yea the second race I was going after points, there were not many "red" cars running.

The third race you were as your name suggests, a snake, and I couldn't latch onto you until I spotted you down the botton trying to recover... I asked my mum what all those words were you said and she washed my ears out with soap!!

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Re: re

Post by BAZZIL » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:19 pm

Replies to Carnage..:
MadMarty13 wrote:So you peeked under sssnakes pink dress then :eek:

I would say peeked was a bit of an understatement
;p
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.