The VR Concepts League Enduro Race Thread

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:59 pm

Well you havent needed to blimmin lift much have ya you are always in the front!! lol
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:39 pm

ronwest wrote:keen to race an enduro - track i dont really care about either

not interested if inspire.net league drivers are in as well - you cant have it both ways.
It wont be interesting if there isnt any drivers from the Inspire league, cause there will be only 13 drivers, thats if all the rookies race.
No, he didnt slam into you, he didnt bump you, he didnt nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbing son, is racing.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:46 am

not interested if inspire.net league drivers are in as well - you cant have it both ways.
Well you've missed the point then havn't ya ron ;)

The whole idea of running an extra endurance race at the end of season was to get an endurance race where we pack out the field with drivers from both leagues ;p.
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:31 am

Here is a suggestion although without trying it out I'm not sure it would work. A quick test should tell us anyway.

How about we open the enduro up to all drivers for obvious reasons of numbers. All drivers qualify but only the registered VRC League drivers actually click "Drive". Then when it times out and the pace car moves off the InSPire Net League drivers click "Drive" and (assuming this works) and they get placed in the pits. They drive up to the pit exit line in rows of 2 in the order the game has placed them in the pits and wait for the VRC drivers to complete lap 1, i.e. as the first VRC car crosses the start finish line after completing lap 1 the InSPire drivers get the green flag call, exit the pits and join the race in the normal pit exit fashion. This would effectively put the InSPire drivers at least 2 laps down but grouped reasonably close together to form normal race start drafting groups.

Assuming the pit start theory works like this it will pose a challange to the InSPire driver to get the start right and to also enter the track in large numbers without taking out any trailing VRC drivers in the proccess. It will effectively create two races within one and give the VRC drivers the challange to stay ahead, although through the race working with the InSPire drivers, and the InSPire drivers the real challange of chasing the the VRC guys down. Although a large number of the VRC league are actually InSPire drivers as well, those drivers should start the race as members of the VRC league (except TonyG).

Finally, despite having already raced Daytona etc, I think you should seriously consider racing one of the superspeedways for the event as an enduro is all about drafting and pitting together over extended periods to gain advantage over other groups. If you race on a non draft track an have a spin or something then often it is impossible to catch up as you can in the big drafting groups on the superspeedways. Obviously this is your guys choice and the InSPire guys will go with whatever you want assuming you want us to join in and make up the numbers, but I'm just offerring these suggestions from our experiences over the last 7 or 8 seasons.
Inspector

---

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:49 am

Brilliant suggestion Inspector and yes with 40-43 srivers definatley a superspeedway.
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:51 am

May I suggest the top 24 Inspire Drivers Plus Tony G start from the pit
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:12 pm

If I remember correctly starting after the start means you can't hit drive till the lead car (maybe whole pack?) has completed a lap. So you'd have to make the guys in the pits leave on the second lap or just let everyone tear out of the pits as soon as they can.

Even waiting for the second lap they'd still have to get themselves in-car, lined up and ready to go in under 50s. Then if there have been any dings on the track they are going to be coming out in a big line into cars. Smells like trouble.

If I'm wrong about the when you can drive it's probably a go. If I'm right I think it would be... trickey.
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:55 pm

There wont be any dings as it will only be the vr concept drivers out on the track at the time ;) :D
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:12 am

ronwest wrote:
Flyboy69 wrote:

It wont be interesting if there isnt any drivers from the Inspire league, cause there will be only 13 drivers, thats if all the rookies race.
theres 23 registered drivers in the rookie league, i should have been specific in reagrds to inspire.net drivers as the ones that just turn up to run the rookies over and hassle them over ventrillo on wednesday nights.
Sorry Ron but that the biggest load of shit Ive heard in the last few weeks (have a look at the other weekends bollocks to see the height of your pile).
"Run Yasmine Run"

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:20 am

UnbounD wrote:
ronwest wrote:
Flyboy69 wrote: It wont be interesting if there isnt any drivers from the Inspire league, cause there will be only 13 drivers, thats if all the rookies race.
theres 23 registered drivers in the rookie league, i should have been specific in reagrds to inspire.net drivers as the ones that just turn up to run the rookies over and hassle them over ventrillo on wednesday nights.

Sorry Ron but that the biggest load of shit Ive heard in the last few weeks (have a look at the other weekends bollocks to see the height of your pile).
No one gives the rookies any crap on ventrilo when we are racing in the rookie race!
Stop talking from your a@# Ron you are starting to smell ;p
Wah Wah Wah

Maniak

Post by Maniak » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:45 pm

Snake Rodgers wrote:
No one gives the rookies any crap on ventrilo when we are racing in the rookie race!
Stop talking from your a@# Ron you are starting to smell

I agree - except when I do stupid things like try and pass the leaders (last week) with a couple of laps to go - I deserved it though.

bcingu

Post by bcingu » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:37 am

I like the idea of racing California.

It's big and Wide, plenty of room to 2 or 3 wide if needed.
Probably a bit of tyre wear to consider, and with the long straights some time to relax. Which might be called for, as having never raced longer than 25%, I imagine it could get quite tiring at full distance.