The VR Concepts League Enduro Race Thread

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
GarethRobinson

The VR Concepts League Enduro Race Thread

Post by GarethRobinson » Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:51 am

The committee has recieved a number of enquiries regarding racers from the VR Concepts League wanting to compete in the upcoming SimCentral Daytona NP 500 enduro. While the InSPire.net League committee is still considering the requests, we have sort of stumbled on another idea.

Those of you who have read the front page rules on the SimRacerHQ Rooke would have read this:
No Enduro race will be run unless the competitors are willing to come to a mutal agreement and start earlier or are able to choose another night.
The committe has decided to see whether a enduro race for the VR Concepts League is achieveable.

The leading suggestion for when the race would happen is Wednesday 7th December, which will extend the league's duration by one week. The race would start at the normal time of 7:30 Qualifying, which should have the race - even at 100% distance - finish before Midnight.

In order for the VR Concepts League Enduro to proceed, we need a majority of those registered for the VR Concepts League to agree that the enduro should go ahead, and we need to work out a track to race on and a distance to race.

In terms of distance, we can choose a race distance percentage or distance. This will be different for each track, however the track ini should be able to be tweaked (Riven?) if we want to, as an example race 500 miles on a track where Nascar races only 400 miles.

In terms of track choice, any track that hasn't been raced THIS SEASON is eligible.

Can ALL VR Concepts League racers please reply in this thread, indicating whether they allow the enduro race to go ahead or not, and if so, which tracks they are keen to race. Those who are not registered for the VR Concepts League are welcome to comment, however the wishes of those registered will take priority.
E6850 Core2Duo 3Ghz/4Gb DDR2-800/8800GTS/G25
Waiting for fixed-line broadband

GarethRobinson

Post by GarethRobinson » Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:57 am

Willing to race Enduro: Yes

My Track Preferences (All 100%):
1) Homestead PWF
2) Darlington }8D
3) California
4) Atlanta
5) Texas
Last edited by GarethRobinson on Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
E6850 Core2Duo 3Ghz/4Gb DDR2-800/8800GTS/G25
Waiting for fixed-line broadband

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:08 am

I'm in.

Track selection has got teh ghey :/
What about something along the lines of Coca Cola?

I don't like any of those above tracks ;)
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

CarnaGe

Post by CarnaGe » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:09 am

Willing to race Enduro: Yes _b

Not bothered on the tracks, they are all new to the rookies so everyone of them would be a challenge.

Will add the tracks once I have a run on them.

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:23 am

I think those drivers who only race in the VR concepts league should decide if an enduro should be raced and where, those of us registered in both leagues have our Inspire league enduro to race so let the rookies decide what they want and i'm happy whatever they decide.

wide load

Post by wide load » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:49 am

count me in for the enduro, and as for tracks im not to fussed but would like a super speedway.

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:06 am

BAZZIL wrote:I'm in.

Track selection has got teh ghey :/
What about something along the lines of Coca Cola?

I don't like any of those above tracks ;)
go away lol
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:08 am

_b yup
Darlington
Homestead PWF
Cocacola
Daytona
Bristol
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:11 am

Should be available for this seeing as exams are done! :)

YES!

Any track is fine for me... ;)
"If he gets any wider, he'll be racing in the carpark!" - Aaron Drever

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:15 am

God help us!
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Re: The VR Concepts League Enduro Race Thread

Post by Prometheus » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:18 am

GarethRobinson wrote:The committee has recieved a number of enquiries regarding racers from the VR Concepts League wanting to compete in the upcoming SimCentral Daytona NP 500 enduro.
Perhaps the top drivers in the VRC League can be invited to race in the Inspire Enduro this week to make up numbers to the game max of 42 ?
YouTube videos

KSR Aaza

Re: re

Post by KSR Aaza » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:19 am

MadMarty13 wrote:God help us!
:bollocks_to_that_decision:

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:16 pm

Prometheus wrote:
GarethRobinson wrote:The committee has recieved a number of enquiries regarding racers from the VR Concepts League wanting to compete in the upcoming SimCentral Daytona NP 500 enduro.
Perhaps the top drivers in the VRC League can be invited to race in the Inspire Enduro this week to make up numbers to the game max of 42 ?
This has been suggested, but the concerns what if a driver who is not racing for points causes an incident and half the field is affected What can you do to that driver? 1st lap incident 3 min tow, and your down 3 laps, something that you will not probably make up.

Yes there are good rookie drivers in the VRConcepts league and there is a chance that they may cause an incident, but imagine Ventrillo and the forums if something like that does happen. Look at the verbal obuse that Mikool gets just because he is unable to run a full season :D
Odie

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:05 pm

odonohuesp wrote:Look at the verbal obuse that Mikool gets just because he is unable to drive

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:04 pm

odonohuesp wrote: This has been suggested, but the concerns what if a driver who is not racing for points causes an incident and half the field is affected What can you do to that driver? 1st lap incident 3 min tow, and your down 3 laps, something that you will not probably make up.

Yes there are good rookie drivers in the VRConcepts league and there is a chance that they may cause an incident, but imagine Ventrillo and the forums if something like that does happen. Look at the verbal obuse that Mikool gets just because he is unable to run a full season :D
I'm also looking at the abuse that goes around for some of the stupid driving that happened at Riki. Adding the VR League people wouldn't make it any worse :D

Anyway, it's just an idea. Those drivers in the rookie are driving well (sometimes better than us old farts) and a race is always better with a lot of people racing at once. It might also increase the need for a good skill factor.

My 2.567c worth that's all.
YouTube videos

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:28 pm

Have been driving in the VR League as often as I can and must admit that the driving standard is pretty good, though this could also be from the fewer numbers on track at once, drop some of the drivers into a 40 car race and things might get a bit hectic

Can see issues if someone from the VR league takes out a Inspire runner when points are at such a premium, even if the penalty is harsh its still going to rob points from the Inspire driver

That being said still think it would make life interesting if we filled the field with the top VR League guys (could be an incentive to do well in future rookie seasons)

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:14 pm

odonohuesp wrote:
Prometheus wrote:
... Look at the verbal obuse that Mikool gets just because he is unable to run a full season :D
not because he is 'unable' to, but because he chooses not to. He has decided he will only race a few races just for fun.

As for the top rookie drivers joining a main league race, the committee has discussed this and agreed for this not to happen for this particular league anyway.
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Maniak

Post by Maniak » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:20 pm

From a real rookies point of view - I am keen for an enduro. As far as tracks go I would rather do that on one of the tracks that are easier to drive on (rules out indy!).

ET

Post by ET » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:45 pm

Yea i'm keen....... Count me in........Any track...

Chur Chur ET....... :cool:
*2011 - KSS Individaul League - 5p

Lancealot

Post by Lancealot » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:37 am

Yep I am keen as well. _b The track doesn't bother me. Like Carnage said they are all new to the rookies and so it means it's hard to have an opinion. Possibly one that doesn't require as much work for our first enduro.

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:08 pm

Lancealot wrote:Possibly one that doesn't require as much work
Daytona! :>

Wonder Stevie

Post by Wonder Stevie » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:35 pm

Will give this a go. _b

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:25 pm

Im sure Inspector can give you all pointers on the correct operation of the milk bottle for the Enduro.
"Run Yasmine Run"

bcingu

Post by bcingu » Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:37 pm

I'd be keen,

But I would like a track that required lifting off the throttle during a lap.
I personally don't find the tracks, like Riki and daytona, where you never lift that interesting.

I haven't run that many tracks, so I don't know what to suggest.