NZNL - Stockcar Series - Round 3

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

NZNL - Stockcar Series - Round 3

Post by Inspector » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:43 pm

IMPORTANT NOTICE !!!!

Rule Change: In all races heavy braking in turn 1 (on the first lap) is banned. This is not acceptable as this could and has ruined people races in the very first corner and drivers further back down the grid have no chance of avoiding a full on engine hit and have had their race ended by engine failure before completing a lap. Everyone please avoid heavy braking where possible, obviously a crash in front of you may void this, but if a complaint is recieved of people braking heavily in turn 1 for no reason and the replay confirms this, then the offenders points for that race will be removed. The reasons for this rule are obviously about fair play and I know you will all understand it's introduction.

Track Changes: After listening to feedback from the first 2 rounds and gaining valuable experiences from a new league point of view, it has been decided to change the tracks for round 3 & 4. The chosen tracks Primal (one dodgy corner) and Rockford (far too small) are just not suited to this type of racing and it will be of more benifit to the league to make a change.

Also solely based upon feedback all races will be reduced to 10% length.

Rather than choose another unknown track and possible find bugs part way through an actual league race we will stick with tried and true for round 3, although they are some of those "love to hate" tracks........

Monday 21st November:

Race 1: Atlanta = 33 laps
Race 2: Lowe's Night = 40 laps
Race 3: Texas = 34 laps

With a little extra time to test I will try 1 "unusual" track for round 4, probably running a quick test in the lead up session to round 3 if everyone can join in and give it a quick run. Big wide track with a couple of good bumps and rather a unique outer wall section, you'll see what I mean. Race 2 will be good old Bristol for a bit of quick carnage but we'll give the night version a go and race 3 will see us revisit a track we have raced in the trucks with many rolls and spins but a lot of fun, Darlington. Rules for Darlington will need to be clear. The bottom line of the track (or hitting line) will be the lower wall or yellow line that runs of it when there is no lower wall. There is a white line which indicates the racing line but in this series the yellow line and wall will be our racing/hitting line. Once again you'll see what I mean when you get out there.

Monday 28th November:

Race 1: Ozark Super Speedway = 22 laps
Race 2: Bristol Night = 50 laps
Race 3: Darlington Raceway = 37 laps

Based upon future feedback we will also consider a change for the final round on the 5th of December. Instead of 2 x 20% races what do you think about picking the best 4 raced so far and doing a 10% race at each?

Good luck to both teams for round 3
Last edited by Inspector on Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
Inspector

---

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:29 am

Inspector, for clarification for the braking rule, can we do it on another part of the track?

I do I did this to Mattly on a straight during the last round and felt it was a good move, since he was aiming to take me out on the side.

Just for clarification is all, no complaining.
Odie

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:40 am

Yes Odie, that wasn't very clear was it.

First turn only.

It is a good tactic which I use often myself. As you can understand the first corner when everyone is bunched and the tail and middle of the pack cars can not see what is going on it is not really fair and also the front guys can get an unfair advantage by causing carnage behind them and then running of into the distance unheeded.
Inspector

---

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:14 am

yes that rule was needed because cars were getting wiped out before they even got across the start line because of cars braking heavy ahead,and wise decision the track changes more fun and skill required on the medium and larger tracks than the small ones. _b
Of course that means now that more skill is required the black team will thrash the red team each week even by more points :D
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Re: re

Post by BAZZIL » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:52 am

MadMarty13 wrote:yes that rule was needed because cars were getting wiped out before they even got across the start line because of cars braking heavy ahead,and wise decision the track changes more fun and skill required on the medium and larger tracks than the small ones. _b
Of course that means now that more skill is required the black team will thrash the red team each week even by more points :D
Yes but given the Red teams minute amount of skill, even on a track that required very little skill I think they'd still get ripped ;p
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Noon416

Post by Noon416 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:43 am

Darn, I can just imagine the hilarity of trying to pack 20+ cars into Rockford... :D

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:23 am

Thanks once again to our league sponsors InSPire Net ......... (Vote for our InSPire HERE), the new games server (203.114.130.11) is up and running currently rotating through Atlanta, Lowes, Texas and Ozark for you to practice on at any time between now and Monday. I have included Ozark so you can give some feedback on it and maybe try it out with others and see what you think. The tracks are rotating every 60 minutes and the race is only set to 5% so please either get the race over quiclky in case others are waiting to join or drop out and the server will quit the race if no one is connected and move automatically to the next track.

With the extra server online we now have the ability to leave the main server (203.114.130.15) running with Wednesday nights league track (MichiganBR) allowing drivers to connect for online practice whenever they wish.

Aren't us InSPire gamers spoilt? _b
Inspector

---

CarnaGe

Post by CarnaGe » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:37 am

BAZZIL wrote:Yes but given the Red teams minute amount of skill, even on a track that required very little skill I think they'd still get ripped ;p
:rolleyes:

and at the end all Bazz will be posting from the pits will be... :birdies: as his pitcrew work frantically to repair his bashed in car :eek:

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:55 pm

So all of Monday Night racing will be on the .11 server now, which provided free of charge by InSPire.net?
Odie

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:14 pm

odonohuesp wrote:So all of Monday Night racing will be on the .11 server now, which provided free of charge by InSPire.net?

Nope, we will continue to use the .15 server for the official league races until the .11 server is fully tested and stable. We are simply using it to assist in the testing and configuration of the new server and this allows us to run practice tracks all week for both leagues without haveing to switch between them. So same as last week, we will practice on the .11 server right up to just before race start on Monday (8.50pm approx) and then I'll change the tracks on the .15 server to the league ones and we will be away.
Inspector

---

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:40 pm

CarnaGe wrote:
BAZZIL wrote:Yes but given the Red teams minute amount of skill, even on a track that required very little skill I think they'd still get ripped ;p
:rolleyes:

and at the end all Bazz will be posting from the pits will be... :birdies: as his pitcrew work frantically to repair his bashed in car :eek:
and while they work they will be laughing at the CarnaGe pit crew sitting down doing nothing because the red pancake infront of them is well beyond repair :)
Boom Boom !

CarnaGe

Post by CarnaGe » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:06 pm

You are more than likely right Bazz as I have my sights firmly set on two others :D

But if I do see the below "Bazz bitch bomb" in my mirror, don't go around the outside :eek:

Couldn't find a big enough tutu for your car so I quickly added a pink blouse and skirt for you.

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:43 pm

Now now you are going to upset your darling Snake carnage
I foresee another domestic coming on
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:27 pm

CarnaGe wrote:You are more than likely right Bazz as I have my sights firmly set on two others :D

But if I do see the below "Bazz bitch bomb" in my mirror, don't go around the outside :eek:

Couldn't find a big enough tutu for your car so I quickly added a pink blouse and skirt for you.
LOL CarnaGe, hard at work I see :)

unfortunately I think Snake Wogers has patented that Colour :)
Boom Boom !

CarnaGe

Post by CarnaGe » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:12 pm

BAZZIL wrote:
CarnaGe wrote:You are more than likely right Bazz as I have my sights firmly set on two others :D

LOL CarnaGe, hard at work I see :)
Yesterday was not one of the best days production wise...but never mind, the real work starts in a few hours and while everyone watches I will be trying my best to capture all the action so you all get to see it again and from another angle :-)

As for Snake's pink, fair call, will get you a new colour when time permits...

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:05 am

GO RED, GO RED, GO RED, GO RED, GO RED, GO RED, GO RED, GO RED, GO RED, GO RED, GO RED, GO RED, GO RED, GO RED, GO RED, GO RED, GO RED, GO RED, GO RED, GO RED, GO RED, GO RED, GO RED, GO RED, GO RED, GO RED, GO RED, GO RED, GO RED, GO RED, GO RED, GO RED, GO RED, GO RED, GO RED, GO RED, GO RED, GO RED, GO RED, GO RED, GO RED, GO RED, GO RED, GO RED, GO RED,

In fact.......

GO RED !!!

:spanner: :aarr: :bounce:
Inspector

---

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:10 am

That's a nasty stutter you've got there :D
YouTube videos

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:06 pm

Just like all the red cars stutters around the track lol
it will be a BLACKOUT!!!
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:59 pm

MadMarty13 wrote:Just like all the red cars stutters around the track lol
it will be a BLACKOUT!!!

You've got Bazz on your team Marty so it will actually be a BLACKHEAD!!!

I think the RED TEAM might just have to squeeze it.......

:aarr:
Inspector

---

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:04 pm

Prometheus wrote:That's a nasty stutter you've got there :D
indeed, stutter stutter stutter stut stut putt putt putt putt go the banger red cars.
Boom Boom !

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:05 pm

Inspector wrote:
MadMarty13 wrote:Just like all the red cars stutters around the track lol
it will be a BLACKOUT!!!

You've got Bazz on your team Marty so it will actually be a BLACKHEAD!!!

I think the RED TEAM might just have to squeeze it.......

:aarr:
Don't worry Marty, Inspector is getting old and his jokes are almost as lame as the red teams attempt at trying to beat the black team.
Boom Boom !

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:58 pm

I'll be there next week to deal to what is left of the black team after this week! :D

GO RED!!! :aarr:
"If he gets any wider, he'll be racing in the carpark!" - Aaron Drever

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:18 pm

WOW thats scary,alittle red
ant is coming
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:59 pm

aaza wrote:I'll be there next week to deal to what is left of the black team after this week! :D

GO RED!!! :aarr:
dont worry there's always lots of Black cars still racing at the end of each race....oh thats right....thats why Black keeps winning :D

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:22 pm

red red
get outta bed
time to come and play-yae
that is if you have the guts to join the fray
like little red ants stuttering about the track
once again BLACK will put yas on da rack
oh woe oh pity the poor team of red
once again da black team will see them dead