Round 3 - Nocturnal Sportscar League

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
bman

Post by bman » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:08 pm

Hard out races, thats for sure! I was the unwitting catalyst for Snakes unfortunate air time - lol - sorry about that man =]

I clipped a short (3 meg) WMV of Riven pulling an overtake off into T1 in BUSY traffic... things didnt go well!

http://www.atomik.co.nz/files/riv_ot.WMV

The same sort of thing happened twice more before he got past properly - the poor bugger!

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:14 pm

bman wrote:Hard out races, thats for sure! I was the unwitting catalyst for Snakes unfortunate air time - lol - sorry about that man =]

I clipped a short (3 meg) WMV of Riven pulling an overtake off into T1 in BUSY traffic... things didnt go well!

http://www.atomik.co.nz/files/riv_ot.WMV

The same sort of thing happened twice more before he got past properly - the poor bugger!
Lol, that was my screw up.. too impatient, and not seeing the 100 board go past before braking D:

Sorry to whoever it was on the receiving end >_<

Deij

Post by Deij » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:40 pm

Np Riven, wondered what had hit me, oh well thats racin, damn good fun at Limerock enjoyed 1st race better than 2nd but all in all a good nights racin, lookin fwd to the Glen.

Wood

Post by Wood » Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:44 pm

Prometheus wrote:;(

Well I was the unlucky fool being in the wrong place at the wrong time who took out Mr Wood in race 1. Too fast, spun, lost control, and wiped him out. As mortified as I was, I seriously considered dropping out of race 2, as I thought I would be just a danger to everyone else.
Np prom, It was awesome fun trying to storm my way back through the field. :)

Certainly was a lot of carnage about, hopefully it will be more settled next week.
Brake on the straight before it's too late.

]-[ITMAN

Post by ]-[ITMAN » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:57 pm

Just finished watching the replays... Damn! :)

In a comfortable 3rd and disco, that bites.

The speed difference around such a smallish track I think contributed to many of the incidents, but there certainly some pretty intense racing going on... :)

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:21 am

Now now snake it's not flightsim, it's car racing :>

RedValiant

Post by RedValiant » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:39 am

NP Snake :) . It was that kind of track where even the long straights were jumping out and biting people...just happy to have made it home alive.

Tickford

Post by Tickford » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:34 pm

Excellent write up on the Lime Rock round @ SmRacerHq. Well Done Famin! _b
Cheers
Tickford

famin

Post by famin » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:13 am

thanks mate, thought it might be a bit long or picture heavy...

apologies to those I missed seeing in the replays.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:51 am

Yah very good Famin, very entertaining read that :)

I like the quotes you stuck in at the end there, LOL !
Donations may be available to those drivers who 'disrupt' Dwoods race ;p

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:53 am

Race 1 started in two groups courtesy of Nathan Smith who seemed to hang back and the top 10 quickly opened a gap
Is Nathan going to get pinged for this ? this is the second race i've seen him do this in, and it screws everyone behind him.

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:00 am

Great write-up.

One issue, my bingle you see in one of them picks when i got turned around was T7 not T1 :)

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:13 am

Excellent and entertaining write up Famin, look forward to the next one _b

limbo

Post by limbo » Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:33 pm

BAZZIL wrote:
Race 1 started in two groups courtesy of Nathan Smith who seemed to hang back and the top 10 quickly opened a gap
Is Nathan going to get pinged for this ? this is the second race i've seen him do this in, and it screws everyone behind him.

i reckon thats why he was banished to the rear of the grid for race two.

oh yeah! great write-up Famin.
good value
looks like you got a new job....
motorsports coloumnist for simracerhq :0
but i think i will be careful with my
apre race quotes from now on....
damned papparazzi!!

Tickford

Post by Tickford » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:00 pm

BAZZIL wrote:
I may have contributed to this. I have a GPL shifter and it decided to die on me as we were taking off behind the pace car. It just wouldnt engage a gear.

I had to duck inbehind the pc, unplug and replug it back in. Luckly this did the trick and I was able to get going. But I did stall on the grid for a short while (seemed like an enternity!).
Cheers
Tickford

cap'n

Post by cap'n » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:14 pm

yes a good read there famin. I feel that a good roundup adds a certain something to any racing :)

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:25 pm

limbo wrote:
BAZZIL wrote:

i reckon thats why he was banished to the rear of the grid for race two.

oh yeah! great write-up Famin.
good value
looks like you got a new job....
motorsports coloumnist for simracerhq :0
but i think i will be careful with my
apre race quotes from now on....
damned papparazzi!!
Just keep a low profile and you will never have to worry about the press.
Odie

Danman

Post by Danman » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:32 pm

T7 at Lime Rock is one scary place to find yourself turned around and facing the wrong way!

It's also amazing how fast cars appear in the F2 screen :D

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:32 pm

BAZZIL wrote:
while it's not the policy of the officials to discuss penelties in a public forum, he was penelized and put to the rear of the feild for race 2
Tickford wrote:
I may have contributed to this. I have a GPL shifter and it decided to die on me as we were taking off behind the pace car. It just wouldnt engage a gear.

I had to duck inbehind the pc, unplug and replug it back in. Luckly this did the trick and I was able to get going. But I did stall on the grid for a short while (seemed like an enternity!).
nope, your shifter issue had nothing to do with it, you where in th correct postion when you approached the start line, nathan simply failed to move up behind you.

snakes gets pinged as well for holding his line back, thou it's only an ip point.

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:07 pm

ronwest wrote:snakes gets pinged as well for holding his line back, thou it's only an ip point.
Ok I'm not trying to cause grief or argue Ron I just want to clear something up incase it happens to me. I may have the in-game rules confused or they may be different for the tptcc mod.

Wasn't Snake required to stay behind N Smith unless his spotter gave him permission to pass? If he had caught up with his pacing line he would have passed Nathan and recieved whatever the games penalty is for overtaking before the start line?

Obviously I have something slightly wrong here ? :(
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:15 pm

Eagle32 wrote:
ronwest wrote:snakes gets pinged as well for holding his line back, thou it's only an ip point.
Ok I'm not trying to cause grief or argue Ron I just want to clear something up incase it happens to me. I may have the in-game rules confused or they may be different for the tptcc mod.

Wasn't Snake required to stay behind N Smith unless his spotter gave him permission to pass? If he had caught up with his pacing line he would have passed Nathan and recieved whatever the games penalty is for overtaking before the start line?

Obviously I have something slightly wrong here ? :(
theres an email being sent out to the group as i type

in short you wont get a penelty unless you pass the guy in front of you in your line of cars

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:39 pm

Cheers Ron _b and I just read your write-up Famin, good stuff :cute:
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:10 pm

I hope I didn't contribute to this broken field issue too much, every race so far I've found that the cars infront leap away up 50+mph then slow dramatically, the concertina affect, in the second race I had to take evasive action off the track to avoid piling up the guy infront.

Also I've been trying to follow the 0.5 sec gap, pace speed until start line then accelerate rules, I sometimes wonder if I'm the only one.

Maybe its just me in that I'm slow away or something..thoughts?
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

limbo

Post by limbo » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:18 pm

Sulley wrote:.....I've found that the cars infront leap away up 50+mph then slow dramatically, the concertina affect,
yeah me too.
Sulley wrote:Also I've been trying to follow the 0.5 sec gap, pace speed until start line then accelerate rules, I sometimes wonder if I'm the only one.
No, there is at least two of us.
Sulley wrote:Maybe its just me in that I'm slow away or something..thoughts?
i think the first rank take off... then every body goes 80mph to catch them... then discover that the leaders are only doing 40mph.. hardbrake = concertina. then the hard brake lets the lead rank get away again and it starts all over again. etc etc ad nauseum

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:19 pm

Sulley wrote:I hope I didn't contribute to this broken field issue too much, every race so far I've found that the cars infront leap away up 50+mph then slow dramatically, the concertina affect, in the second race I had to take evasive action off the track to avoid piling up the guy infront.

Also I've been trying to follow the 0.5 sec gap, pace speed until start line then accelerate rules, I sometimes wonder if I'm the only one.

Maybe its just me in that I'm slow away or something..thoughts?
hopefully with th new suggestions made we can prevent the rapid speed up - brake movements