Round 3 - Nocturnal Sportscar League

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Round 3 - Nocturnal Sportscar League

Post by Inspector » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:52 pm

Lime Rock Park

Team DuD are looking at a new setup for this track and testing began today. There is no truth to the rumour that the Inspector is struggling to keep his "head above water", but we can confirm that No. 1 team driver Riven has "splashed" out and is looking very fashionable in his new helmet and driving goggles......

:)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Inspector

---

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:37 pm

Here is my best lap replay so far with setup used.

Hope this helps people
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cap'n

Post by cap'n » Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:58 pm

thanks riven, good to see how it's supposed to be done.

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:09 pm

Cheers for the advice on track today Riven. Certainly easier to keep on the track after the changes. Watching the replay a few times got me another .5s after a couple of laps so I'm sure some more practise and I'll be able to hit the 1:48s _b
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:01 pm

Race Day BABY! :D

9 1/2 hours to qualifiying. :eek:

Are we there yet? :p
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

cap'n

Post by cap'n » Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:58 pm

woohoo, looking forward to it. She's a tight track mate :D

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:58 pm

8 1/2 hours now :)

Cant wait, this track is soo nasty O_o

It's fine when you are on your own doing hotlaps etc, but as soon as you get 1 other person around you, let alone 30, then it's gonna be chaos. Most places people will crash there is no run off, so they will bounce off the walls, and back onto the track :eek:

And there is really only 1 decent passing opportunity.

Not a track suited to a 30 car league IMHO, but we'll see how it pans out.

Oh, and I hit 47.103 this morning ;p

famin

Post by famin » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:10 pm

Welcome to wonderful Lime Rock Park

We hope you found your way here from NY today

The weather is chilly but sunny and we are looking at a great days racing

The pits will be packed with transporters

Daniel Wood the past season champ and the pirelli girls will be available for autographs

after the supporting classics and street races are over..

we expect the crowd to gather for the big race. One of the best viewing spots will be under the T7 bridge.

Now before we start there are a few rules

Registration
Registration is located at the infield entrance. When entering the grounds for a Club race, turn right, leave the paved road, and pull forward to the spot where a veritable multitude of tow vehicles, trailers, and race cars are parked. The registration shed is the small grey building to the north of this parking area. For normal SCCA club race dates, driver & crew registration is on the south side of the shack, and race official registration is on the north side of the shack. As always, have your SCCA membership card and photo id ready.

Paddock
After registration, put your paddock sticker in the windshied of your tow vehicle (left side) and head north through the fence towards the gate. The guards at the main gate will expect to see your wristband. Follow the paved road to the junction where the paddock road leads down the hill; the guard here will expect to see a parking sticker for A Paddock or B Paddock before letting you down the hill. Follow the road down; B Paddock will be visible on your left, and A paddock is around to your right. Concession stands and restrooms are located in A Paddock.

Tech Inspection
Tech has moved to a new asphalt pad located near the A paddock men's room, between the paddock road and turn 3 (the left hander).

In accessing tech, please honor the one way direction for the paddock road. This includes leaving the pits for the impound area; turn right, travel past the start/finish building and turn at the concession stand back towards the tech tent.

At most Lime Rock events, scales will not be available during qualifying impounds, or after the green flag drops on the first race. Northern New Jersey Region has slightly different rules on scale availability, please check the supps for their races for details.

The asphalt pad is pretty far off of level, and corner weights won't bear much relationship to reality.

False Grid
The False Grid is at the west end of Pit Lane; entry is from B Paddock. Normal grid practice is for groups of cars at the start of a race or session to enter the track by turning left out of the false grid, directly onto the track from Pit In (rather than passing down pit lane.) Once the track is hot, however, individual cars must pass down pit lane and enter the track conventionally via Pit Out.

Impound
Leaving the track, a Scrutineer _may_ be stationed at pit out with an Impound sign specifying which cars are to be impounded. Do _not_ expect him or her to know which cars are in the to finishing positions in a class; sometimes they do know, but often (particularly for small bore Production/GT and for complex combinations of SS & IT) they have no idea who won in the slower classes in a race group.

If you are to report to impound, turn right exiting the pits and prepare to turn left into the tech area, or park diagonally in the spaces along the fence immediately after you leave the pits.

So lets Go to it and DO it!

and Hey! Lets be careful out there...

(all pics taken from official Lime Rock websites! The weather is accurate for today!)

cap'n

Post by cap'n » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:27 pm

i cracked a 46.87 this morning :> I must admit it's just one of those laps that's kind of a fluke - I haven't been able to get any other laps near it :rolleyes:. My race pace won't be anything like that tonight.

limbo

Post by limbo » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:35 pm

Riven wrote:8 1/2 hours now :)

Cant wait, this track is soo nasty O_o...........

Not a track suited to a 30 car league IMHO, but we'll see how it pans out............
no it is not suited to a large grid... but whooo boy was it fun
last season..... ;)))

beware of traffic 'parked' in Southern Chute. ya cant see'em till they
fold your bonnet for you.

mikool

Post by mikool » Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:59 pm

Hey Riven. Is there any chance of having NRTV going for the race tonight?
Mikool...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:23 pm

mikool wrote:Hey Riven. Is there any chance of having NRTV going for the race tonight?
Sorry, but this circuit isnt supported in NRTV yet

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:07 pm

Only 5.5 hours to go O_o

bman

Post by bman » Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:35 pm

Heres some sponsors graphics for Lime rock...

http://www.atomik.co.nz/files/lime_rock_sponsors.zip

Unzip into your limerock_twist_v4 directory...

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:58 pm

Riven wrote:8 1/2 hours now :)
Not a track suited to a 30 car league IMHO, but we'll see how it pans out.
ya i know, we didnt have a 30 car feild when I set the schedule last season.

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:07 pm

bman wrote:Heres some sponsors graphics for Lime rock...

http://www.atomik.co.nz/files/lime_rock_sponsors.zip

Unzip into your limerock_twist_v4 directory...
Ahh, you're a good man _b

I was playing around with the editing software last night, trying to get a track image logo superimosed on the front straight - like Nascar tv coverage in real life has :D But it started to get harder and hard as the night wore on (as I drank more wine :p ).

cap'n

Post by cap'n » Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:17 pm

excellent bman, thanks _b

counting down to the Limerock Derby :)

GarethRobinson

Post by GarethRobinson » Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:18 pm

Looks like I'm confined to the garage for tonight, getting continual CTD's. Will look to bounce back at Texas.

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:49 pm

Well, not the best of races :o
Got bumped at the start, then t-Boned UnBound (I think) after he spun and only had half power for the rest of the race, tried to keep out of the way as much as possible, O_o
Second race, small bump to Odie on first start (Sorry) then rolled the bloody thing and retired, I've had better nights :(

cap'n

Post by cap'n » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:01 pm

bah :(

Race1, bailed into tyrewall on lap 5. Car gave up it's life to save mine.
Race2, tried to outbrake and got messed up... ensuing damage leads to engine expiring and someone else getting caught up with me - sorry.

ffs, what a night... two ridiculous mistakes and only myself to blame!
/me watches as I sail down the points tally

i have a good feeling about next week though ;p

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:13 pm

LOL !

Great fun that :)

First lap I managed to spin on my own down the start/finish straight, and about 2/3rds into the race I popped the 6th Gear right out of my gearbox so the long straight was a tad slower.

Second race was all fun and games altough there were quite a few dings.

But not bad all round considering what a slut of a track it was :)

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:15 pm

I had a good race, dings all round tho >8p
:>

RedValiant

Post by RedValiant » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:19 pm

What a non-user friendly track. I'm quite happy at finishing the 2nd race in 13th. Got caught up in nose- to-tail-AKL-motorway at start of race one, then got a black flag on pit speed and took two visits to the pits to clear. The bloody pit crew gave me tyres and had to go around again. kept going to salvage something from night- hope I got out of everyone's way. Race two, tyres went a sickly yellow colour after collecting wall voiding a crashing viper, never came back all night and loads of understeer. Good experiance though..

Tickford

Post by Tickford » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:20 pm

What a nightmare.... My GPL shifter decided not to work as the "gentlemen start your engines" cry was let out...not a good start.....

Disco race one, Parked car (dead engine) and disco (watching replay) race two.

Thanks god its over.
Cheers
Tickford

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:34 pm

bit of a rough start back to tptcc after a bit of a break....nasty wee track allright
First race just stuck to circulating and trying to keep out of everyones way and did allright.....second race got a bit of confidence after the lack of dings in the first....and think I must have saved up the dings as spent half the race spinning, in the pits, stuck on walls...or just plain loosing it

Apologies to Snake on about lap 6 as he got boxed in on the front straight and ran up the back of me as I was getting back up to speed from a spin then got hit about 5 times blowing his engine by the looks of the replay

Fingers crossed for a more open circuit next week