GTR V8s kick off tonight

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
juliant

cant join

Post by juliant » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:02 pm

Same problem as Mad Marty - are we the only ones?

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:45 pm

No you are not the only one, I wont be racing in this league now.. had enough of GTRs shit

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:07 pm

>8p hmmm, game did ze big error just at the start of the last lap o_O
:>

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:14 pm

Thanks for your efforts on the response Eagle, it is appreciated.

I don't think we should carry on with the league, the game is too crap.
Inspector

---

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:15 pm

Yah the game is a pile of poos as far as everything apart from the physics goes, how can ya use it for a league when people can't even join to start with o_O

Anywho.

Soz to Famin :), well I'm not even sure if it was my fault, but I knew you would brake early for the turn before the bridge, you were much slower than I so I took the oportunity to go up the inside, you turned in and it all went to custard. Racing incident I think as I believe I was far enough up for the corner.

Shame hippy got ripped, last lap and his banger game crashes :o
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

famin

Post by famin » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:23 pm

np Bazzil. racing incident.

I had a pretty large fuel load - too large it appears!!

I assume youll give a little more room if it happens (ever) again... ;)

sorry people had probs getting in. wierd as it was sweet for the GTR league for most.

I would like to carry it on for those who want to. even 12 - 13 is enough.

and they feel so damn cool.

apart from my punt with Baz I also had an 11sec freeze for a 'synchronise'. First time thats happened. But it came right tho I was 11secs further back. But I still loved the racing despite that so I vote to keep it going.

results in separate thread.
Throttle depressed, driver very happy

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:27 pm

BAZZIL wrote:Yah the game is a pile of poos as far as everything apart from the physics goes, how can ya use it for a league when people can't even join to start with o_O
Still we somehow got thru..what..9 races in GTR GT.. its only round one.. yes it was worse than usual..but flagging after one round is a bit premature isn't it.

Wasn't the best choice of track, a bit dicey in places and nowhere really safe to make a pass, but the sounds a physics are eggcellent.

Good racing with Bill both chasing and defending, nerve racking fun :D :D :D :D
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

Growler

Post by Growler » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:49 pm

I assumed this wasn't a league as such - more of a fill in until everyone had a copy of GT Legends.
After all...it is only 5 tracks.
Sulley was right. We did infact get through two leagues of GTR with no major problems. In fact there were some major dices between everybody.

Growler.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:33 pm

well i'm still keen to race :)
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:48 pm

I will tryagain next week was inlast night no problems after a hour and a half of trying tonight well grrrrrrrr
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:57 pm

Riven wrote:No you are not the only one, I wont be racing in this league now.. had enough of GTRs shit

rFactor

C ya in a week or so for some TPTCC replacement theropy.... if ya know what I mean.
"Run Yasmine Run"

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:15 pm

NAGT yeah baby
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

juliant

Post by juliant » Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:05 am

I get the feeling I was the only one that could not get in eventually - strange never had that problem in the previous leagues. Restarts etc didnt help - I couldnt even get into the Internet multiplayer in GTR so maybe its an issue with my PC. Damn frustrating trying for 45 minutes or so.

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:03 am

Na Juliant there were heaps who couldn't get in.

Juliant
Riven
Gregory
Chequers
MadMarty

Anyone else?

Also dropped during the race:

CarnaGe
Happy (last lap leading the race)

:blazze:
Inspector

---

YeeHarr

Post by YeeHarr » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:04 am

Sulley wrote: Good racing with Bill both chasing and defending, nerve racking fun :D :D :D :D
Yep that was really really good fun.

Then I failed to pass a back marker cleanly - in fact I got surprised by him and hit him hard. Sorry abou that whoever that was.

There's no doubt the V8 mod is brilliant. Great physics, great to drive, great to look at and great sounds. I really really wish they convert this to rFactor or GTL - which ever.

On the subject of long pauses and things in GTR.

I *USED* to run a piece of software that grabbed SNMP statistics off my router. In the process of trying to get rid of 2 or 3 second lockups, and resync problems in GTR I deinstalled it and all of those problems went away.

GTR is horribly sensitive. Maybe people with trouble have spyware or some kind of background job or service which is doing some network work which stuffs up the netcode?

So frustrating considering how much fun GTR is to drive.

Still - I'm in until the end of the short league.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:04 am

Inspector wrote:Na Juliant there were heaps who couldn't get in.

Juliant
Riven
Gregory
Chequers
MadMarty

Anyone else?

Also dropped during the race:

CarnaGe
Happy (last lap leading the race)

:blazze:
As noted by more than one person on Vent last night, the scale of connection problems may have had something to do with Simbins servers and GTL logging.

There have been occasions in previous GTR leagues of one or two having connect probs, myself included, but nothing compared to last nights drama.

As to late disco's from the server, Bazz and Happy seem to be the only ones affected, there may be environmental or technical issues specific to them, shared router connections being one that springs to mind.

Chequers and Gregory may have issues if they share an Internet connection too.
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:14 am

Bazz's connection was fine... And he shares his connection with me, not Happy anyway ;p

Happy said his game shat itself, as in CTD.

Maybe it might be an idea to just ignore the points, and leave it as couple of races online, that dont mean anything :)

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:38 am

I think my CTD was just related to the mod. I have never had a CTD in a GTR race over the two leagues we've had.
:>

famin

Post by famin » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:56 am

It could have been any number of variables. After all we had a car mod AND a 3rd party track with 14 players online.

Ive been practising Oran Park off and on all week online and offline and never had any probs. But last night I did get that 11sec freeze while it tried to 'synchronise'.

However the next track is bathurst and we know that we have raced online there before in the V8's with no probs so Id put last night down to the Track.

I dont care about the points as such for these 5 races but I WILL record them anyway. Ive decided its not worth the GTRLS Ron/Inspector, unless you feel particularly motivated. Ill just post them afterwards.

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:22 am

I started getting random CTD's a while ago, and a quick reinstall of GTR seemed to solve it for me :)

famin

Post by famin » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:29 am

I just checked out the GTr/technical forum at RSC and it appears there was some problem with the simbin servers yesterday. they were down at least some of the time. (lots of 22-11 posts)

apparently if the main authentication server is down a backup one takes over but it may not have your registration in it and you have to register again. Of course if everything is down youre stuffed.

Its possible that some of us got in during an 'up' window and others didnt.

Pity it had to happen on the first V8 night. If it IS the cause then, although its simbin related and VERY annoying, it ISNT the game or mods or anything local at all!

So those who decided to blame the mod etc may have been a tad premature...

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:34 pm

famin wrote: Pity it had to happen on the first V8 night. If it IS the cause then, although its simbin related and VERY annoying, it ISNT the game or mods or anything local at all!

So those who decided to blame the mod etc may have been a tad premature...
I didn't hear anyone blaming the MOD, but I have to agree that issues like this arise all the time with the GTR itself and as soon as we can get something running for rFactor or GTL the better. The V8 MOD is brilliant, the best I have played for sure even if the track sucked a bit, but it will never be viable for reliable league racing like NASCAR 2003 is as long as it uses the crap netcode etc.
Inspector

---

Agent X20

Post by Agent X20 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:16 pm

GTL uses a modified version of the GTR netcode not the rFactor code so the jury will be out on that one until we try it in anger...

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:31 pm

The NGT and GT leagues were deffinitely not flawless in regards to connectivity.

We had to abandon one week completely in the NGT league and re-race it the next due to the exact same problems you guys are describing.

I blame the login problems on the horrible authentication system they tacked onto the game for multiplayer O_o. When a lot of people are having login problems the whole thing goes to crap very quickly. For some reason the conectivity problems continue to occur during hte race even after your logged in. I assume it keeps re-authenticating your connection preiodically or some crap.

Whatever the reason if lots of people can't login then the race is usually gonig to be a waste of time and the problems described are gonig to occur.
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

famin

Post by famin » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:41 pm

Inspector wrote:
famin wrote: So those who decided to blame the mod etc may have been a tad premature...
I didn't hear anyone blaming the MOD.
you mean like this?
I think my CTD was just related to the mod. I have never had a CTD in a GTR race over the two leagues we've had

Yah the game is a pile of poos as far as everything apart from the physics goes