Wednesday Night GT Legends racing

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:58 pm

Interesting how there seems to be one common factor in the "pushing & shoving" issues, or should I say the complaining about the "pushing & shoving" issues.

Amazing how everyone had so much fun last night but only one person felt the need to whinge. After a while you just here wha, wha, wha, wha, wha wha.

Maybe the only two people who know how to race cleanly (as evidenced in the final v8 race) should start a league of their own, that way they won't have to put up with the rest of us console gamers.......
Inspector

---

Growler

Post by Growler » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:00 pm

famin wrote:yes there was quite a lot of ramming wasnt there?

Despite the comment that "they are meant to rub", and given that was just a bit of fun, I suggest for a real league we police this way better.

Clean racing like I had with Sulley in the V8s the other night seems to me to be much better racing.

I remember the old days (aaargh!) when Riven used to stop and wait if he accidentally punted someone off. That attitude certainly rubbed off in those TPTCC days.

Deliberate or reckless punting just starts to ask for retaliation (yes Im not blameless...) and I'd not like to see that in a real league.

agreed?
Agreed from everyone I'd say.....but c'mon...taking the GT40 in with a whole bunch of Fiat Abarths is really asking for trouble!!!

Growler.

Noon416

Post by Noon416 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:11 pm

They're probably just annoyed that my little Abarth kept up with all those GT40's, Mustangs, Ferrari's, etc until I biffed it in the sand at Parabolica. :D

Phantom

Post by Phantom » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:48 pm

Inspector wrote:Interesting how there seems to be one common factor in the "pushing & shoving" issues, or should I say the complaining about the "pushing & shoving" issues.

Amazing how everyone had so much fun last night but only one person felt the need to whinge. After a while you just here wha, wha, wha, wha, wha wha.

Maybe the only two people who know how to race cleanly (as evidenced in the final v8 race) should start a league of their own, that way they won't have to put up with the rest of us console gamers.......
I wasn't complaining, if thats what you're getting at. I am perfectly aware that last night was purely a screwing around session... I was just joking...

-Phantom

famin

Post by famin » Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:19 pm

yep and as I said I know last night was just for fun (btw I wasnt the only GT40 in that race!)..
and I DID agree I wasnt blameless already didnt I..?
Bolded and increased in size for those that skip bits of my posts (like bazzil)

and I didnt say I didnt have fun either, the races in which I used the mini were great!

I just thought it timely to use the example to think ahead to a league.

Funny how everyone gets into me straight away when I offer an opinion isnt it..

I also (like the Riven memory) remember Inspector espousing the need to stay behind and wait for the opportunity rather than pushing through in the early nascar days too..
I always though that was sound advice.

nuff said now.
Last edited by famin on Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Throttle depressed, driver very happy

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:27 pm

You'll find Inspector is talking at Famin Phantom =]

BTW famin it works both ways, right from the first race we had you were squeezing people out I have a replay if you would like evidence.
Don't expect to be able to squeeze everyone off the track and not have it done back to you.

F12 is the key to use for screenshots in game it'll save them directly into your GTL root folder.

From there I use photoshop, resize it to 640px wide and save it as a jpg at about 65 / 70 % quality.

It was a shitload of fun last night on GTL I think the game paid for itself in one night lol ! :) feck that Falcon is a sack but many a good time drifting it out of the corners is to be had.
Many more a GTL night to come I thinks ;)
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:34 pm

BAZZIL wrote:You'll find Inspector is talking at Famin Phantom =]

BTW famin it works both ways, right from the first race we had you were squeezing people out I have a replay if you would like evidence.
Don't expect to be able to squeeze everyone off the track and not have it done back to you.

F12 is the key to use for screenshots in game it'll save them directly into your GTL root folder.

From there I use photoshop, resize it to 640px wide and save it as a jpg at about 65 / 70 % quality.

It was a shitload of fun last night on GTL I think the game paid for itself in one night lol ! :) feck that Falcon is a sack but many a good time drifting it out of the corners is to be had.
Many more a GTL night to come I thinks ;)
The Falcon is NOT a sack... just sacks dont know how to drive ;p

Phantom

Post by Phantom » Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:13 pm

Uhhh... sorry, one more question. Is there a way to record the entire race and then watch the whole thing again afterwards, instead of the short 180s ones?

-Phantom

RedValiant

Post by RedValiant » Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:21 pm

OT, but I was watching the Goodwood Festival of Speed on TV the other day (ahh Speed Channel) and they had a virtual GTL series. What was cool was that most of the drivers were world class - Rahal, Bell, Franchitti, Burger etc - and the class of the field was the big Falcon. It had too much grunt for the Alfas and even the Mustangs. When it came to the cnrs it was all or nothing as it was wallowing and drifting every where. The jags and Ferrari's were in their own race - won by a D type. Also the other day they were showing the Puke round of the V8s :) . I couldn't quite believe it at the time as everything else here is Nascar and trucks.

famin

Post by famin » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:47 pm

I would LOVE to see Goodwood. Any chance of a tape or DVD? Ill pay shipping and for the tape of course. (if you ever see it again and tape it that is...)

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:49 pm

Inspector wrote: Maybe the only two people who know how to race cleanly (as evidenced in the final v8 race)
Thanks for the compliment Inspector...

Merry Xmas :)
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:23 am

famin wrote: and I DID agree I wasnt blameless already didnt I..?
Bolded and increased in size for those that skip bits of my posts (like bazzil)
I posted my reply at the time you posted yours so get over it =]
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Growler

Post by Growler » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:02 am

Sheesh.....And we haven't even started the league yet...

Growler.

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:22 am

Noon416 wrote:$49.95 at EB in Palmy, has a code on the manual.
Cheers - will hint that shop with the game to them... :cute:
"If he gets any wider, he'll be racing in the carpark!" - Aaron Drever

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:48 am

Growler wrote:Sheesh.....And we haven't even started the league yet...

Growler.
Bodes well doesn't it... :eek:
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

RedValiant

Post by RedValiant » Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:55 am

famin wrote:I would LOVE to see Goodwood. Any chance of a tape or DVD? Ill pay shipping and for the tape of course. (if you ever see it again and tape it that is...)
I'll keep an eye out for the DVD. Can't tape shows here as they are NTSC and won't play on PAL. The Goodwood show was nearly 3 hours long and had classes from pre war up to CAN AMs. There were heaps of 1970s Tyrrells too. It was a Speed channel production so it should be available. Seeing a beautiful early 60s Brabham getting destroyed was hard to watch though.

famin

Post by famin » Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:34 am

thnx RV, Ill certainly pay for a DVD if you find one.

and bazzil, just for once can you please try to read the message and not shoot the messenger?

I know youre young and quick to respond but ffs, all I was saying was "I hope a league doesnt allow Stock car tactics"

If you can get over the fact that I said it Im sure both you and Inspector and everyone else involved would agree with that?

Monza

Post by Monza » Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:53 am

Phantom wrote:Uhhh... sorry, one more question. Is there a way to record the entire race and then watch the whole thing again afterwards, instead of the short 180s ones?

-Phantom
http://www.kiwisim.net.nz/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1438

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:03 pm

Just a note that on installing things went fine the typed in dvd key after that it kept crashing and rebooting the pc.anyways after 6 times was getting angry so went hunting found that you have to update starforce so did and all fine now
love the feel of this the graphics are certainly really good just about finishes the a challenge series :>
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

famin

Post by famin » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:25 pm

thnx Marty...

wheres that rfactor uspits mod... you been checking every half hour like me? ;)

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:49 pm

yesit is meant to be an xmas pressy lol so anytime now
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

Phantom

Post by Phantom » Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:13 pm

Another question (I'm terribly sorry for being such a noob):

How can you change the start times for the Cup Challenge races? 'Cause right now I'm doing the 'Vette Attack cup, and one of the races (at Hockenheim) takes place during the night, which happens to lag the crap out of my poor old computer... So is there any way to set it so that it takes place during the day?

-Phantom

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:21 pm

Phantom wrote:Another question (I'm terribly sorry for being such a noob):

How can you change the start times for the Cup Challenge races? 'Cause right now I'm doing the 'Vette Attack cup, and one of the races (at Hockenheim) takes place during the night, which happens to lag the crap out of my poor old computer... So is there any way to set it so that it takes place during the day?

-Phantom
Not for the single player races