Official Kiwi VS Aussie Update

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Typhoon

Re: Official Kiwi VS Aussie Update

Post by Typhoon » Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:07 pm

Flyboy69 wrote:UPDATED 17/2/05

This is the 20 drivers for the team. We have based this on preformance from this league and the last to seasons and also the league race on this track.
Not to step on anyones toes, but I see Liquid is in the List, yet he is Currently 29th in this League, 24th in the Last Leauge, and only acheived 16th Place last week, so tell me, what is your selection based on?

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:51 pm

Liquid = in season one he finished 10th in a feild of 29. He beat:

Bitme
Skuzz
Prom
Dan Wood
TonyG
Mattly

To name just a few of the other guys currently in the "NZ" Team.

You also have to remember that the current 3 leagues listed at SimRacerHQ are only half of the leagues some of us have been involved in and there is a history behind drivers like Liquid, Cronik and others that can not be ignored by the selectors (of which I am NOT one of).

There will always be many deserving drivers who miss out on selection, much like the All Blacks I guess, but I hope they use that as incentive to make the next team and oust someone else out. I hope also that those chosen to be reserve practice just as hard as if they were in the team, just in case the actually do need to be in the team, and I hope those who did miss out support the team and work hard to be a part of the team next time.
Last edited by Inspector on Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inspector

---

Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:51 pm

I'm sorry dude, but i also looked at the amount of laps done by people over previous leagues and if you look at the amount of races that he completed in season 2, he missed a few which drops your points alot.

He has also missed 1 race this season and been dicso'd from another during the race, which wouldnt help.

I'm sorry for the ones who missed out, but we all knew some would have to and it was very hard to make the choice. I think most people would stand by me and the team that was picked.
No, he didnt slam into you, he didnt bump you, he didnt nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbing son, is racing.

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:59 pm

UnbounD wrote:I know the server is set up for sportscars, but is there any way we can get some server time to do some team practise ???

The sportscar guys can always practise offline for a couple of hours (Im one of them so.....).
]

OK guys - thanks to the boys down at InSPire Net (especially Noon416 - cheers Brendon) my wireless packet loss problems have been fixed. They moved me to another access point and it fixed everything.

So I will host a Nascar CTS server for some practice at Talladega (BR) over the weekend. Tonight might be a bit tight unless it is at about 10.00pm, but give us some suggestions for the rest of the weekend and I'll set it all up.
Inspector

---

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:04 pm

Awesome. When ever is convenient is fine with me.....

I still cant get into that big race thread, guess it take a while for the server to generate an account.

Cheers
"Run Yasmine Run"

chronic

Post by chronic » Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:10 pm

Remember that a few of the reserves may still get to race if we have a few noshows by some of the picked team.

Chequers

Post by Chequers » Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:45 pm

Just a question which is particularly relavant to me. Will the reserves be called up in the order that their names appear in the list as shown in the first post in this thread.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:56 pm

simracerhq now as the Aus vs NZ pages ready to go, the roster is loaded and awaiting truck files.

they can be either sent to me as a large zip and i will stick them on the site or drivers can login and load there own file and piccy.

news will be updated this weekend, with focus on each team and drivers

rumor has it that simtv has procurred the rights for a live radio broadcast of the event.

Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:41 pm

Chequers wrote:Just a question which is particularly relavant to me. Will the reserves be called up in the order that their names appear in the list as shown in the first post in this thread.
All names in both lists are in a random order.
No, he didnt slam into you, he didnt bump you, he didnt nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbing son, is racing.

]-[ITMAN

Post by ]-[ITMAN » Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:54 pm

One thing that hasn't been discussed in any great detail is the race length...

I'll start the bidding at 100 laps, that should keep us entertained for about an hour and a half? Or something like that... Besides its a nice round number. The distance deal will help with the strategy, I'm not sure how many stops that'll be, but enough I'd say.

Idea's?

Danman

Post by Danman » Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:48 pm

OK real dumb qestion time. How exactly does the reserve driver thing work? When is the decision time? Do we log on? Questions, questions...

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:58 am

Just a quick G'day to my fellow truckers :D

Im looking forward to seeing those beaut Kiwi trucks in our mirrors ;p

Just a quick note on the format of the race..imho go for around 45-50% distance with 2x pitstops...makes it a very interesting race _b

A lot of Nascar races are won or lost in the pits..also having 2x pitstops allows the drivers who had early trouble the chance to make up lost ground :cool:

cheers

M

Post by M » Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:03 am

Well done Flyboy on the selections. I think you've got a kick-ass team there and I hope everyone can get in behind these guys as they are representing us all.

What's the best way to view the race? Any way to log on as a spectator or do we have to wait till after?

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:00 am

M wrote:Well done Flyboy on the selections. I think you've got a kick-ass team there and I hope everyone can get in behind these guys as they are representing us all.

What's the best way to view the race? Any way to log on as a spectator or do we have to wait till after?

currently working on a few technologies, probably nrtv, with some live commentry on teamspeak

mikool

Post by mikool » Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:07 am

M wrote:Well done Flyboy on the selections. I think you've got a kick-ass team there and I hope everyone can get in behind these guys as they are representing us all.

use NRTV which can be found here - http://www.nrtvlive.com/all_en.htm
Mikool...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:37 am

InNRTV there is 2 files that need editing and then Talladega BR Hardcore is supported on the server end, with no changes/updates needed to the clients :D

Hitman: want me to pm them to ya for your server?

]-[ITMAN

Post by ]-[ITMAN » Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:09 pm

Sure Riv, no probs.

100 laps?
x2 wear?

I'm counting down the days fella's, we good on these last two bits. I'm with Mal on the pit strategy deal, working as a team getting into, and more importantly out of the pits is going to out in front, or a lap behind... :)

Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:02 pm

2x pit stop is all good and a 50% race is 94 laps

]-[ITMAN

Post by ]-[ITMAN » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:28 pm

If someone could send me the server config's (core.ini's etc) you guys use. Especially the stuff that makes the server replays happen, that would be good.

Just to help out with the testing of things and stuff.

Thanks,

HITMAN.

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:15 am

That someone would be me.. I run the server over here. Just about everything is in the player.ini file. I'll send you the files in a PM later today.

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Race Control & Ventrilo

Post by Inspector » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:04 pm

Ventrilo

All New Zealand team members are expected to install and use the Ventrilo server for both this Saturday's practice and for the actuall test match race. Go to The Ventrilo Server Thread for details of how to install and connect to the InSPire Net server. If you are having problems then ASK for help. If you don't want to ask in the forum, then send a PM to The Inspector or Riven who are more than happy to guide you through.

If you do not have a microphone we would encourage you to make the effort and buy one now, but we do understand that some do not wish to talk so please don't feel pressured. The main thing is to be able to hear and recieve instructions which will be vital in this race. A "Nascar NZ Team" channel will be created and be available for use during practice and the race.

Race Control

In an effort to give our team the best chances of winning this race, the senior drivers have got together with the NZ Race organiser and put together a plan to enable us to control the race and help and guide each other during it.
To achieve this we have appointed some of the senior drivers as "Race Controllers" who will use their experience and ability to read a race as it unfolds and to give us the drivers, advice and instructions as the race progresses. How will this work?

Team Captain: Flyboy

Race Controllers: Riven & Odie

NRTV Advisor: Volunteer! - Ron?

Riven & Odie will be in charge during the race. They will keep an experienced eye on what is happening and will when the need is there, give you instructions on what to do on the ventrilo channel. General chat on the server will have to be kept to a minimum, and although we will need to talk to each other as we race together, if Riven or Odie cut in then you are expected to stop talking until they are finished. What sort of situations would they need to give you instructions?

For Example, there might be two of our guys coming last, and that is not good for team points, so you and your group might be instructed to pick them up on your way past or maybe even slow down to let them catch, you would then put them in your train and "STAY" with them, drafting them up to a better position. You might be instructed to move over and let someone else in your draft lead the train. These guys know who are the better drivers and can lead a train faster than you. You might be instructed to pit with a driver(s), maybe at the end when the lead NZ group need a late charge to take positions. There are many possibilties, some of which will not be needed and it is likely that our team, being as experienced as it is will not need a lot of instructions/advice but if we do the right guys are there to help us and what is more, whether you agree or not, all instructions are to be followed for the good of the team.

If Riven & Odie are in a pressure situation themselves and need to concentrate on their own driving, they will indicate this to Flyboy who will take over if needed. We will utelise NRTV and have someone watching the race as a spotter for Riven & Odie. The spotter can inform the controllers of the location of cars that they can not see and the spotter will also be able to see big Aussie trains forming etc and watch their progress so as to be able to update the controllers as needed.

So just to summarise:

Ventrilo must be used by all drivers.
No general chat, just quick messages that relate to the race and those around you.
Follow all instructions from Riven, Odie & Flyboy (no matter what you think is right!!!) and listen and take onboard any information the spotter is giving the race controllers.

On a personal note:

I want to enjoy my race and I think the idea the guys have come up with will help us win, and winning is always good fun so please support them
I have said it before but here I go again. This may be viewed as just a fun trans-tasman virtual challange, but I am very proud to be able to drive out in a "New Zealand" truck and I will be very dissapointed with anyone who spoils it with poor behaviour or abuse using the chat feature.

"GO THE KIWIS" _b _b _b
Inspector

---

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:31 pm

yup i would be keen to spot

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:33 pm

This has been pointed out to me in the past...NRTV runs a couple seconds behind, but we shoudl still be able to identify if a train is being formed.

Now that we have give a plan away to the enemy, lets keep the "real" plan a secret.

Hitman...please keep your eyes on your own paper. :D
Odie

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:42 pm

Wow.. I got picked to tell people what to do.. hmm, that could be useful :devil:

You thar, take that aussie out! :>

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:47 pm

odonohuesp wrote:This has been pointed out to me in the past...NRTV runs a couple seconds behind, but we shoudl still be able to identify if a train is being formed.

Now that we have give a plan away to the enemy, lets keep the "real" plan a secret.

Hitman...please keep your eyes on your own paper. :D
so does ventrillo :)

the minimum delay for nrtv is 0.7seconds, we will give it a try on saturday at praccy.