Feb 8 Chicagoland 45%
Feb 15 Piggzsport Superspeedway 100%
Feb 22 MichiganBR 45%
Mar 1 Supercell 55%
Mar 8 Indianapolis 45%
Mar 15 Texas 55%
Mar 22 np_Talladega 55%

This balances the tracks with 5 SS and 5 SW tracks

If Blue Ridge manages to have a test it could replace one of the above tracks.

VR races will be 25% as last season, discussion on an enduro to be decided

Murphy's Law

Post by Murphy's Law » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:31 pm

Can is suggest that we run a revised setup for Chicagoland because last time we had several dings cause by people selfspining (myself included trying to hard on cold tyres) cause the setup is a bit loose for about the 1st 3-4 laps. I’ll do a better setup if you want me to.

Personally I would prefer to run at Charlotte (Lowe's) instead. I find it more enjoyable then Chicagoland.

:neo: :drive: :laola: :fence:

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:44 pm

One of the main criteria in choosing tracks is the "survivability" factor :) what that means is that we try and choose tracks that are wide enough to avoid accidents.
So if there is a spinning car or an accident in front, a wider track will allow you to pick an escape route. Narrow tracks like Lowes do not give you this option.
While this is not 100% foolproof it has worked well for the last 3 seasons.

The skill level has picked up since we last ran Chicagoland, and while the setup is loose to start with it provides a good setup for a long run.

It is important that each driver practices on a track and therefore learns how to handle the setup :)

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:21 pm

That schedule looks just dandy.
:>

Danman

Post by Danman » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:03 pm

_b _b

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:27 pm

Also, as pointed out last season, if you take a lose setup and tighten it up, it will only make it tougher to keep the car down on the track at the end of the run and you will begin pushing into the wall.
Odie

Maniak

Post by Maniak » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:36 pm

_b Schedule looks great. _b Just waiting to be allowed to drive in the VR league. :drive:

Murphy's Law

Post by Murphy's Law » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:11 pm

odonohuesp wrote:Also, as pointed out last season, if you take a lose setup and tighten it up, it will only make it tougher to keep the car down on the track at the end of the run and you will begin pushing into the wall.
Not if you know what you are doing. The problem is that the front right tyre pressurer is higher then Right rear, which would cause the fronts to be closer to optimum pressure at the start of a run and will have better grip then the rears so the car will be loose, but as the you get further into the run the tyre will cross the optimum pressurer and cause the rears to be closer to the optimum pressurer and now have better grip then the fronts so the car will be tight. So all we need to do is even up the tyre pressers. That should fix the problem. The setup may need some miner adjustments doe.

:neo: :zoz: :boat: :hdriver:
Last edited by Murphy's Law on Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Murphy's Law

Post by Murphy's Law » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:22 pm

TonyG wrote:The skill level has picked up since we last ran Chicagoland, and while the setup is loose to start with it provides a good setup for a long run.
Would you say it has improved enough to say run with yellows on?

Just kidding :haha:

:neo: :fence: :sofa: :hippy:
Last edited by Murphy's Law on Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:25 pm

Murphy's Law wrote:
odonohuesp wrote:Also, as pointed out last season, if you take a lose setup and tighten it up, it will only make it tougher to keep the car down on the track at the end of the run and you will begin pushing into the wall.
Not if you know what you are doing. The problem is that the front right tyre pressurer is higher then Right rear, which would cause the fronts to be closer to optimum pressure at the start of a run and will have better grip then the rears so the car will be loose, but as the you get further into the run the tyre will cross the optimum pressurer and cause the rears to be closer to the optimum pressurer and now have better grip then the fronts so the car will be tight. So all we need to do is even up the tyre pressers. That should fix the problem. The setup may need some miner adjustments doe.

:monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey:
dance monkeys, dance
well fuk m3 :eek:
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:30 pm

BAZZIL wrote:
Murphy's Law wrote:

:monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey:
dance monkeys, dance
well fuk m3 :eek:
was that an invite Bazzil lol
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:37 pm

Murphy's Law wrote:

:neo: :zoz: :boat: :hdriver:
If you know what your doing, you could use the current setup in the state it is in and have no problems. Plus if memory serves me correctly, you were on the verge of being suspend for the remainder of the season after we raced Chicagoland last time.
Odie

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:01 pm

odonohuesp wrote:Plus if memory serves me correctly, you were on the verge of being suspend for the remainder of the season after we raced Chicagoland last time.
So I'm not the only one sitting here remembering that.

Lots of noise coming from someone that disappeared when his driving was being questioned only to be replaced by his mysterious brother (*cough*) who also rapidly vanished.

I'm wondering who let you back in the main league. Disappearing to avoid the consequences of your driving and dodging a potential suspension. Maybe you'd be better off doing some more rookie time.

O_o
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Murphy's Law

Post by Murphy's Law » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:02 am

Eagle32 wrote:I'm wondering who let you back in the main league. Disappearing to avoid the consequences of your driving and dodging a potential suspension. Maybe you'd be better off doing some more rookie time.
You need to get your facts right! When I was look a possible suspension I still run the rest of the season (all 8 races season 5) but at the start of season 6 I had Problems with my computer crashing after about 20mins of after the start I try everything I know to fix it (I know a bit about computers) and after about 3 races I gave up and just before xmas the power unit went and as soon as we replaced it I haven’t had a problem with it.If you don’t believe me look at the points at simracerhq and you will see that I run all 8 races in season 5 but only 3 in season 6.

If most peps want me to run in the rookie league I will if most peps don’t have a problem with me running in the main league I will stay and would be running in both leagues (I would prefer the 2nd option )

:neo: :tstone: :holiday: :happyhair:

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:04 am

My memory was more clouded with the erratic driving Murphy of smacking into other people on a regular basis. And of course the camera doesn't lie. Fast is good, fast and out of control is bad.

I'm happy to join the league, starting next Wednesday, but will be unavailable for the 2nd race, as I'm away out of town on holidays.
YouTube videos

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:11 am

I do not believe anyone is questioning the fact that you left the league to avoid suspension. You did become more cautious of your driving when you were on the bubble and you have already stated that you have the intention of taking a different approach for season 7.

Some of your actions and comments during the past view seasons have people wondering. For example, you had a trend of being involved in an incident whether it was a self spin and your race was ruined or there was contact between you and another driver; it seemed like you were unable to complete a 1/4 of a race. Then there was the time when you mentioned of going to Australia to live with your girlfriend, but all of your post where still coming from NZ and when comments where made about this, you did not defend the allegations.

As it has already been said, its a new year and a fresh slate and I believe I am speaking for all drivers when I say that I hope you do take a different approach on this season with the intention of finishing in the best possible position you can without having a negative affect on another drivers race
Odie

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:21 am

I had the opportunitiy on more than one occasion to sit and watch Murphys law race on my screen and I am adamant that most of his driving problems stemmed from bad lag his car was to erratic.
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

Angus

Post by Angus » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:45 am

It' a new year, so let the games begin.

I'll be back part time season 7. Just so you all can scream and maybe laugh in small doses.
Looking forward to it. By the way goooo GOOGLE, you have been warned.

ANGUS