NZNL 7 Race5 - Piggzsport Superspeedway

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:21 am

started 16th but got left hung to dry out wide could not come down onto my line settled in 30th avoided accidents for a change worked my way up to 14th a couple of times about lap 120 somehow went over the ramp on the bridge for some strange reason huge jump lol luckily landing on grass lap 150 something stayed low for a change to let a train through came round the bend unbound was sitting there had nowhere to go BANG wiped out front wheels 5 minute tow same for him i think.
Last edited by MadMarty13 on Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:28 am

Still got a sore buttt this morning :D
Apologies to snake, thought I'd given enough room on the exit to the "tightening" turn but obviously not enough ;(
Lost concentration coming out of the pits towards the end and Noon almost lost it trying to avoid me, sorry about that :(
Apart from that I enjoyed the race and had a reasonable finish for a change :)

Well done Happy and the DuDs, some good drafting there, bad luck to Odie after getting swallowed by those DuDs after leading for so long _b

CarnaGe

Post by CarnaGe » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:49 am

Apologies again to Odie for the tongue lashing. I was trying not to drift up towards Prom and when I did I headed straight back to the low line, not expecting you to head there too... sorry mate

The prosteria has felt better but all in all a damn good experience :eek:

Congrates to the Duds for the team work demonstration. It was certainly an eye opener when the yellow train came past, a tonne of speed _b

Not sure what happened when we had our ding Gareth, I spotted that you were high and leaving me room so I went for it, perhaps I should of waited for the straight an avoided the drift upwards towards you....sorry.

No comment on the first ding with JBR except you state in a post earlier in this thread that it is hard when you are a loner, mate try sitting in a draft and go round and round instead of trying to shove your nose under the car in front, even this dumbass rookie knows it is best to have a line of cars going full speed than a bunch of place swappers reading themselves to be cleaned out!

Noon416

Post by Noon416 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:54 am

I'd like to formally welcome Carnage and Odie into the Inspector-created "There go all the toys" club... :drink: :D
If anyone was drifting off to sleep before that, they sure weren't afterwards. _b

Had a good race, body managed to hold of pain and discomfort for the duration. Happily finished higher than I was expecting after a couple of rips (induced by others and myself), managed to throw a few toys of my own.

Personally, I would love to never race that track again, too many damned flaws. ;p

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:19 am

Big Al wrote:shit track, shit race. Sorry to Inspector I think you slowed for Eagles blown engine which i was not expecting and i didnt slow enough and then i nearly took you out on pit exit after the first stop. Sorry to Riven also, not sure what excatly happened but i dont think i did anything stupid just an accident.

looking forward to next week.

NP Big Al, every single one of us get a little angry when something goes wrong but the majority of drivers here are mature enough to know that shit happens when you are racing and you get over it because it is not long and you find yourself making similar mistakes yourself. It is the attitude you have when racing and mistakes happen that makes the difference.
It is those names who are continuosly mentioned that are the worry. I will be reviewing the replay over the weekend and looking at why some peoples name were mentioned again and again. I will review the replay but have to say my most angry and concerened moment came with Bite-me swerving all over the track trying to block the DuDs and laughing about it quite loudly. We had the last laugh when you swerved so much you lost control and went spearing off the side of the track, but how funny would it have been if you had taken a couple of the top placed cars with you?

Many people got caught out by those tricky little tightening turns last night and all in all for a first time out on that track I think the majority handled it well and adapted to the little track querks quite quickly. I was very impressed by the people such as Sulley, Al, Marty, Carnage and Noon to name but a few who on a number of occasions saw the DuD train coming at speed and made good racing room so as not to cause issues and then slot in behind and use their draft. There were a few times when I or Happy tapped the wall and lost speed and the following cars blasted into the gap and then ensued a right little battle as Happy & I fought our way back onto Bazzil's bumper, but they were great battles and apart from the odd little incidents it iis easy to see how much the skill levels have gone up in these pressure situations. A great battle at the end Odie, I feel for you being monstered by the DuDs like that after driving such an awesome race and being beaten only by the lack of a draft. If any of you want an example of how to drive in a pressure situation, compete for a top place finish and NOT crash in the proccess, watch Odies replay for the last 10 laps or so.

A tough track? Yes. But a new and testing challange that overall was handled pretty well by the drivers, and what's more have a look at the closeness of the points right throught the feild, there are some great battles going on which I'm positive won't see an outcome to the very last race.
Inspector

---

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:19 am

Noon416 wrote:I'd like to formally welcome Carnage and Odie into the Inspector-created "There go all the toys" club... :drink: :D
If anyone was drifting off to sleep before that, they sure weren't afterwards. _b
I nearly crashed from too much laughter I think Inspector was outdone this time ;p
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Re: re

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:05 pm

MadMarty13 wrote:
Noon416 wrote:I'd like to formally welcome Carnage and Odie into the Inspector-created "There go all the toys" club... :drink: :D
I nearly crashed from too much laughter I think Inspector was outdone this time ;p
haha yeah , that was a good laugh on vent, well worth driving 3 hrs for =]
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:42 pm

Inspector wrote:
If any of you want an example of how to drive in a pressure situation, compete for a top place finish and NOT crash in the proccess, watch Odies replay for the last 10 laps or so.
Inspector, thank you for those words.

I was trying everything I could and I was shaking the whole time. I had a friend with Prom at the end, but some bad luck took care of that. I knew every move I made was going to force the DuDs to do something different. I sure in the hell was going to give up the low line when I was by myself, but a train on the high side took care of that. I did manage to get on the inside of you, but then all I heard was Bazz, stay high or Bazz stay low. It was a great battle.

Carnage...no worries...I was expressing myself. I have to do this at least once a season and you managed to be at the tail of it. I took the low line because I was coming up fast on both you and Prom, so I ducked low and then had to lift, causing me to lose momentum. The good thing that came from it was there was no accident.

Yes it was frustration to have lost that race, since it has been a long time since I have won one; I am on a 18 race skid, but I really shouldn't complain, some drivers have yet to win a race.

Great drafting with Mattly and Snake in the earlier going. Neither one of us were looking at making a pass at any time during this period of the race. We were just happy to be running up front and knew that there was allot more racing to go.
Odie

Biteme

Post by Biteme » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:28 pm

Inspector wrote:I will review the replay but have to say my most angry and concerened moment came with Bite-me swerving all over the track trying to block the DuDs and laughing about it quite loudly. We had the last laugh when you swerved so much you lost control and went spearing off the side of the track, but how funny would it have been if you had taken a couple of the top placed cars with you?
OMG, What a load of old bollocks and totally presumptious BS!
Thought you were above this sort of crap. :mad:

This all started on lap 127 where me and fly were drafting behind the 3 duds until you and happy hit the wall and we passed you. Between then and lap 130 I stayed high and out of your way, yet you nearly drifted up into me then happy forced me into the middle three wide mid corner. Hippy eventually passed me with the assistance of a nice run below the red line and when I got the call that he was clear I dropped down as I had spent the previous 3 laps on the high line and wanted a bit of a rest. The reason I was laughing was due to me bump draughting hippy a bit off center and the fact I couldn't catch it and ultimately ended up stuck behind the fence in the concourse. If there was any swerving going on in those 3 laps it was predominantly DUD. Watch the replay before assumtion or use ventrilo and make a comment at the time.... In other words inspector... Walk ya own fkn talk! :ffs:
Why does KSR suck at FPS?

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:19 am

OK Biteme, I seem to have it wrong, please accept my apology. You must appreciate from my view why I was annoyed at what went on. In the first instance, yes you did get past us and if you watch the replay there was a dodgy period where you ended up smack between Flyboy and Happy and Happy did not do a dodgy pass, he was beside you and drove low to get away from you and stayed there because he had no idea where you were through that corner, only that you were beside him somewhere. 1.27mb Movie of pass

Once it settled down again all I saw is Happy and I in 4th & 5th and you were 17th a lap down. Happy and I stayed low and left and gave you ample room as we passed, instead of letting us go by as we obviously had an edge on you in speed you dropped straight in between us. Yes there was a reasonable gap and that is because I'm try to give myself room in case anything went wrong, and it did. Now to say you were bump drafting Happy is a bit of a stretch of the imagination, you dropped straight into the gap and then hit Happy. I was not aware that you hit Happy (this where I got it wrong) and it looked like you had jammed it down to split us so I went high to retain my momentum and avoid hitting you and then as the Movie shows you immediately come back up looking to me like you were try to block me. This is what made me angry.

Now I can see from the replay that the hit made you shoot up and you were not deliberately trying to block me so I apologise, but I'm sure if you had been sitting in my seat you would have reacted the same way. Overall it looked pretty dodgy and had the potential to end in disaster which is what we have been preaching about. There are racing incidents then there are incidents that should never happen.
Inspector

---

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:37 am

Biteme wrote:..it was predominantly DUD..
it's DuD with a small u ;p
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:36 am

Sorry MLC but i have removed myself from the rest of the season.
:)
Wah Wah Wah

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:39 am

Nice words Inspector _b

People don't say the S word very often. It carries a lot of weight.
YouTube videos

Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:50 pm

Snake Rogers wrote:Sorry MLC but i have removed myself from the rest of the season.
:)
Whats up with this sack?
No, he didnt slam into you, he didnt bump you, he didnt nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbing son, is racing.

Biteme

Post by Biteme » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:54 pm

Inspector wrote: Once it settled down again all I saw is Happy and I in 4th & 5th and you were 17th a lap down.
:rolleyes: This is the real issue I suspect O_o
Inspector wrote: Now to say you were bump drafting Happy is a bit of a stretch of the imagination, you dropped straight into the gap and then hit Happy.
:mad: I have no reason to lie inspector. I had more terminal speed than Hippy so as we were on a straight I gave him an intentional nudge.

I appreciate everything you do for this league and have my utmost respect for that, this league would never exist without the efforts of yourself and a hand full of others.

However I am weary of your bullish approach to every opinion that is not your own. (I will only drag this comment into an explaination if you so wish it).

Apologies to my MLC team mates but I am withdrawing from further participation in this series.[/b]
Why does KSR suck at FPS?

Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:03 pm

Biteme wrote: I appreciate everything you do for this league and have my utmost Apologies to my MLC team mates but I am withdrawing from further participation in this series.[/b]

Whats up with this sack?
No, he didnt slam into you, he didnt bump you, he didnt nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbing son, is racing.

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:25 pm

due to a possibly corrupt compression of the repla, i'm re-compressing it and will post it up shortly after testing.

Anyone that has aready downloaded the 11MB file and it wont load.. very sorry for wasting your bandwidth.

I'll post once its back up.

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:03 pm

Thankfully for Inspire customers the download doesn't effect our cap for the month :)

Biteme it is well known I have an overated opinion of my opinions and I never hesitate to express them. Most people ignore me or point out why my opinion in a certain circumstance is wrong and then I shut my mouth. I have expressed my opinion and also backed it up with what I thought was a good view of what I saw and did so expecting other people as well as yourself to comment or express your opinion on what you saw.

I doubt you are pulling out of the league based soley on the fact that I thought you made mistakes in one situation, I guess then there are other reasons which you are not stating. You have always been a part of our racing, right back to our first unorganised races and if you leave now you will be missed, as will Snake, but we know that he has other reasons for this. I hope you will reconsider and what is more, if you think I am wrong then say so.
Inspector

---

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:20 pm

Replay is back up.. see replays thread in the stickies.

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:12 pm

How about those last 10 laps that Odie ran, wasn't it amazing. I wish I could drive tha him. :D :drive: :nascar:
Odie

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:43 am

odonohuesp wrote:How about those last 10 laps that Odie ran, wasn't it amazing. I wish I could drive tha him. :D :drive: :nascar:
You would never guess this guys American. ;p
Master Mattly
Team Voda
I wanna go fast

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:49 pm

Trying to stir things up...Everyone must still be recovering from the Enduro or preparing for the Daytona 500.
Odie

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:46 pm

odonohuesp wrote:... preparing for the Daytona 500.
_b

tv coverage starts 8am Monday NZT, so it's kids off to school early day, back home, feet up with coffee in hand, phone off, and watch tv :D
YouTube videos