NZNL 7 Race5 - Piggzsport Superspeedway

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
wide load

Post by wide load » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:44 am

Riven wrote: On another note. As the track has an update which includes a fix for pitting entry/exit, this must be installed. I expect there must be an issue, or they wouldnt have to fix it.

The test that was ran, no one might have set off whatever the bug was/is and this could rear its ugly head tonight, unless the track is updated.
I agree. A track file is not a big download, so there should be no issue with the late notice. Even for those on dial up.

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:30 pm

I'll have new links up after lunch - stand by.......
Inspector

---

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:18 pm

PLease make a post when the new trakc is loaded. I will have to grab it from work and take it home on a thumb drive.
Odie

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:25 pm

Important Official Notification

Because we wish to avoid any possible issues arising from the known bug in tonights track we are changing to the track authors new version of it. The track will be updated on the server so if you do not download and install the new version you will not be able to race. The file is only 6.5mb so won't take long to download. This applies to both the VRC League and the InSPire League.

Important Instructions

Before you do anything else, go to your Nascar 2003 Season/tracks folder and delete the Piggzsport Superspeedway folder. DO NOT download the new version and place it over top of the original, DELETE IT FIRST.

Now click and download New Version of Piggzsport Superspeedway and extract it to your tracks folder.

Good luck to everyone tonight.
Inspector

---

bcingu

Post by bcingu » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:56 pm

Jetboy wrote:gonna be an interesting track to do an enduro on....few tricky corners that might catch people out after a few hours racing,

Running 48.4 on smooth runs into the 48.3 area when pushing it a tad....20 laps and virtually no tire wear
This is an interest track, for one that you don't have to lift on, in that there are really subtle ways to make up time (without going below the line) where you wouldn't actually expect them to be, and any gains get carried the whole way around the track.

It will be interesting to see what the pole time will be, and what the spread of qualifying times is.

Not that it makes any real difference for such a long race, but it's still interesting to see different peoples solutions are to this track.

bjocque

Post by bjocque » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:26 pm

Jetboy wrote:hehe all about the guy standing next to ya odie :)
or behind ya (ifn you're ex naval type :drink: )

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:31 pm

RACE DAY BABY! :D
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:42 pm

Also Important to Note

Known bug:

The pace car takes off really quick and slows down to enter pit road.
Passing the pace car will bring out the caution before you take the green flag at start of race, so beware.
Pit road speed is 60 MPH...that was never recorded in the game so it never is said. Pit road speed is written on the pavement twice and on the wall.

So for the pole car understand that although the pace car is going quite fast, the pace speed is in fact 60MPH. If you are going faster than that when the pace car pulls off and slows down, you will probably get a black flag for passing the pace car (we don't use caution flags). Cars behind simply stick with the pole car.
Inspector

---

CarnaGe

Post by CarnaGe » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:44 pm

Pit speed is now recorded in the update as well as on the wall.

CarnaGe

Post by CarnaGe » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:46 pm

What is the race distance for the VRC race tonight... ?? %

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:35 pm

Normal 25%

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:00 pm

Well the pit entry/exit "fix" appears to be an insane increase in the grip level of the pit entry/exit areas :p

Which is all good by me. Nice fast entry. :o
- Death to Smoochy

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:03 pm

Engine failures are not cool :(
- Death to Smoochy

Chequers

Post by Chequers » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:42 pm

I was having the usual Momo controller problems and when I got taken out in just another of jbr's accidents that was enough for me. JBR is just a menace on the track and seems to ruin races for quite a lot of guys. q-
Quite a tough track for an enduro.

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:03 pm

Lost the will after the PC decided to have one of its random restarts....unfortunately only 15 laps in...back in 6 laps down and just resorted to hanging on the back of drafts and giving them a hand

Apologies to [sack] tonight and hope to see Carnage and Wraith have a good finish (watched storm get taken out about 10 mins ago)

:D VENTRILO HAS A MUTE FUNCTION.....all this time and I never knew it was there....woot

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:41 pm

Yes engine failures suck arse q- They can stick their camshaft up their you know what

Ah well, was going alright, except for a ferk up on lap 105, I take it the dud train didn't know I was trying to pit, was running on fumes, wrong side of track, sideswiped by a yellow/black car, into the wall, panicked and slammed on the anchors and then didn't quite judge it to get over to pit lane with 3 tyres, sorry to those follwoing, thankfully it wasn't worse.

Suspect that was mostly my fault and just bad luck.

Got JBR'd earlier and lost a couple of places, looked like a lose on his part and I was unlucky to get collected.

Good drafting with Storm for quite awhile and then the dud train until things went ye olde pear shaped..ah well, all good bring on next week.

_b _b _b
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

JBR

Post by JBR » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:03 am

Chequers wrote: JBR is just a menace on the track and seems to ruin races for quite a lot of guys. q-
Quite a tough track for an enduro.
all i'm going to say is sry to those who i screwed up :o its not like i go out of my way to take poeple out.

Just think i was lapping just fine with everone sitting in 10th untill i too got take out ended beached on the hill with a 5min toe thanks to who-ever that was

But i guess the guy tring to fight on his own is always in the wrong
IF YA CAN FEEL YA HEART BEATING YOUR ALIVE DAM IT

bcingu

Post by bcingu » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:15 am

My machine locked with about 50 laps to go, then went for a couple of seconds, then locked again, then went again, locked and went, locked and went, I tried to get off the track as quickly as possible and stopped, so sorry to anyone on track that it might have been affected by this, if there was anyone.

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:40 am

Quite the eventful race >8p
Sorry to Noon who I dinged, and Sully who I sandwiched into the wall cause I didn't know you were there o_O.

Looks like a dud night for SackTV.
:>

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:41 am

Lots of fun, and apols to the Duds train near the end - simply lost awareness of "car outside" O_o doh !
YouTube videos

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:43 am

oh yes, thats right, you just jammed it down on top of me Prom, she was a bit tight wasnt it.
:>

Wraith

Post by Wraith » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:44 am

Awesome work duds, that was a real draft track.

Never got caught up in a decent ding, made 1 less pit stop than the field and still a lap down ;( Spent too much time on my own, but at least my pit stratedy helped _b

Bad luck to those who had, discos, engine blows etc, really sucks, had my turn at that a few seasons ago in the enduro but that was 10min from the end :D
Wraith

wide load

Post by wide load » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:59 am

Had the Momo pedal problems last week, did the fix and they have been all good. Home late tonight and logged in just after 9, 2 laps in and the pedals fail again. Plug in the old Saiek 220 and get 10 laps practice. Didnt qual as didnt want to start in the middle with a wheel that im not comfortable with. Worked up to 11th with 2 pits to go and get a black flag. Didnt hear the spotter so did a drive thru. Black flag didnt clear. Did another slow lap and a it was a stop go penalty. Still ended up 13 overall. So a good race for me after all the problems at the start.

MLC lift your game, Im the teams leading points scorer. And that doesnt sound right. ;p

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:02 am

shit track, shit race. Sorry to Inspector I think you slowed for Eagles blown engine which i was not expecting and i didnt slow enough and then i nearly took you out on pit exit after the first stop. Sorry to Riven also, not sure what excatly happened but i dont think i did anything stupid just an accident.

looking forward to next week.

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:03 am

Big Al wrote:shit track, shit race. Sorry to Inspector I think you slowed for Eagles blown engine which i was not expecting and i didnt slow enough and then i nearly took you out on pit exit after the first stop. Sorry to Riven also, not sure what excatly happened but i dont think i did anything stupid just an accident.

looking forward to next week.
Yeah no worries, just a racing thing :)