Boom Boom !

NZNL 7 Race6 - MichiganBR

Post by BAZZIL » Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:33 pm

NZNL 7 Race6 - MichiganBR

Track: MichiganBR
Time: 9:30pm NZ, 22 Feb 06
Distance: 45%
Download: Here

With the second half the season starting tonight, the battle for the season ending podium continues. This is the leagues 4th trip to Michigan and going into tonight’s race the favorite is Bazzil who has average of a 3rd place finish at the track. Pole favorite seems to be Carnage who has impressed the veterans with his hot laps, but will one of the veterans like UnbounD or Riven start first this week.

Let’s touch about the drivers starting from the back this week; Happy has average an 8th place finish here, but is the only driver in the top 5 who has captured a win at this track. Bazzil we have already talked about and is the favorite. Wraith after having 2 rough seasons at this track, did finish 5th on season. Viking is continuing to improve from last season by becoming consistent each and every week. And to close out the top 5 is Odie. Odie’s home track has not treated him well over the past 3 seasons, with 18th, 2nd, and a 31st place finish. Hopefully, he can turn it around this week. Another thing to note, these same 5 drivers started from the back last season for this race.

Again starting from the back

Happy
Bazz
Viking
Wraith
Odie
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

wide load

Post by wide load » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:09 pm

For those that are interested I have uploaded a new skin that I will be racing in. This is the skin that most of you will be following or at least trying to keep up with ;p
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Viking

Post by Viking » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:09 pm

News Just In

The DuDs were spotted earlier this week practicing their drafting techniques at Daytona. Using different paint jobs to throw off media, and spies from other teams, they tested a new style of bump drafting. Insiders are terming this inovative new style "Hump Drafting". Speculation is, that the DuDs feel they can inprove speed by having only 6 wheels on the tarmac, thereby reducing friction. One of our intepid reporters managed to capture their attempts on film. Whether or not this new techique is useful at a track like MichiganBR is yet to be proven, but we will be interested to see if they try it on Wednesday Night, or save it for following races.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Ooooh, Can someone please, remove these, cutleries, from my knees" - fotc
"All those who hate speeding tickets, raise your right foot"

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:14 pm

Wednesday

Yeap only 8 hours till it's all on once again. Team Voda will be expecting a strong finish tonight now Snake and Biteme aren't on the track!!!! ;p

Hazard Level can be downgraded to High from Extreme with only 2 MLC cars racing ;)
Master Mattly
Team Voda
I wanna go fast

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:32 pm

Looks like some of Happy's patented passing technique up there ....
"Run Yasmine Run"

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:35 pm

Starting from the back

Happy
Bazz
Viking
Wraith
Odie

Also, based off the past seasons at this track, I believe we are able to pit off the middle of turns 3 and 4, but as also, ensure that you do not slow on the racing line and cause an accident or you may be held accountable for doing so.
Odie

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:43 pm

I think you over looked a driver in your write up Odie..

I've had 2 starts here
Season 4 - Pole, finish 3rd
Season 5 - 2nd, finish 3rd

Though with my current form and luck, i'm not expected anything near that.

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:56 pm

Haha. Last time we raced here my engine blew on the first lap :p
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:06 pm

I'd be watching SimTv this week, We've had some bad luck so far this season so it must be time things went our way :D

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:15 pm

Blew my cap for the month (resets tomorrow) :(
So I probably wont be able to run ventrillo as well, see how i go in practice first.

GO MONSTERS

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:50 pm

noticed a couple of new car skins up since last week for those that dont check very often.

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:33 pm

Bold wrote:I'd be watching SimTv this week, We've had some bad luck so far this season so it must be time things went our way :D
+1 _b

mind you, I've had a shit house week so far, so anything's possible :rolleyes: (weather last night for example). I'll be late to log on, but I'll be racing tonight.
YouTube videos

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:44 pm

Riven wrote:I think you over looked a driver in your write up Odie..

I've had 2 starts here

If you were in the top 5, you would have been included ;p
Odie

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:48 pm

Riven wrote:I think you over looked a driver in your write up Odie..

I've had 2 starts here

Self flattery is not recommended ;p
:>

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:46 pm

sheesh...what about me :mad: I came 11th and 8th the last 2 times we've run here and not a mention....what a cheek :eek:

hehehehe :rolleyes:

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:09 am

Good race, pretty clean. _b
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:42 am

Good race
For some reason I just f*cked my qual run and ended up 17th so had lots of fun trying to pass to increase position, my pitstops were a bit slow as usual but managed to sneak up a few positions :D
It looked like i would be battling with Bold, Eagle and Viking for the last stint and they wouldn't have had a chance :D :D BUT I stuffed my last pitstop and ended up 9 seconds behind them O_o So much for good intentions :o

Just an average night for the Monsters tonight D:

Well done Bazzil

wide load

Post by wide load » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:31 am

A good race by all it seems, so many drivers still on the lead lap.

STORM thanks for the abuse on vent, But how about you have a look at the replay and you will see that I held my line. And I wouldnt have tried the pass had you not bounced of the wall.

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:53 am

I'm just not having any fun on the track in NASCAR. I had more fun being owned in BF2 last night than I do when racing, even when leading a race.

Think i'll retire permanently from oval racing effective today.

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:57 am

Interesting race, just couldn't get it together :rolleyes:

I suck.

Worst Season Ever !
YouTube videos

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:11 am

A pretty good race from my point of view, the first clean race I've had all season I think, and good enough for my second top 10 of the season.. The come back has begun :D

A good fight with Big Al towards the end, that's one hard track to pass on, even if you hava slightly better tyres than the other guy.

Now if only everyone else didnt have such a clean race It may have been a top 5 :D

Wraith

Post by Wraith » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:09 am

Bollocks race, where were all the dings???

Good job Baz, screwed up first pit stop, locked it up, blew a tire and missed pit entry, 30 sec tow ;(

Rest of race hung around the leaders a lap down and even made up a bit of ground, oh what could have been...

Oh well at least some of the others had bangers as I have no idea how I'm still in the top 5 lol.

Nice work Carnage, improving all the time.
Wraith

Danman

Post by Danman » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:17 am

Oh the agony... :)
Quallified ok, running reasonably ok in about 12th, then unfortunately got tagged by a team mate which put us both down to the back of the feild. Then only gained a few positions through other peoples misfortune. A shame as I was feeling confident on that track in practice.

I would still like to see yellows on with damage off. It would change a lot of race results methinks.

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:19 am

I agree....where the hell were all the dings? I rely on wrecks to make my way through the bleedin field! :)

I had a clean race and only managed to make my way from 28 to 22 after 90 laps. Being stuck by myself for an entire stint doesn't help I spose. Oh and forgetting to qualify after getting carried away making a pre-race cuppa tea probably didn't help much either...

Well done Bazz and Hippy...you're both coming along nicely under my expert tutilage...

:D
Don't make me destroy you.

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:33 am

This clean racing is getting most annoying actually....hard to make up places when theres only the occasional person spinning off into the walls

Bit on the slow side for me in the race, but usually stayed in touch with whoever I was chasing through taking a few different lines and keeping my tyres green, really noticed the difference near the end of a fuel run as people began to go yellow and the gaps would close rapidly

Points are closing up as well :D

DuD and Voda up the top with 128 points between them then a bit further back SimTV, [sack] and the Monsters are all close with only 160 points covering the 3 teams

4 races to go and the yellow perils are in front....can their egos withstand another team championship :p or will [sack] surprise everyone with a1,2,3,4 finishe for the last race :eek: :D and take the win from the back