NZNL 7 Race10 - No Plates Talladega

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Murphy's Law

Post by Murphy's Law » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:31 pm

Hay CarnaGe sorry don't like win like that sorry.

This the replay of the crash.

Looking at it i put down to to drivers going for the win.

:neo: :laola: :rockband: :juggle:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CarnaGe

Post by CarnaGe » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:58 pm

more my fault Murph, was trying to make the gap as small as possible for you without the wreck happening. I should have settled for 2nd and retained the points lead. However, I have not yet won a race as first past the post.

Noon416

Post by Noon416 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:48 pm

Bloody engine going pop... :ffs:

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:07 pm

Well I poked my race when I got tires on the last pitstop D:

Flyboy, I suggest you stay on the apron when you aren't up to full speed when cars are coming down the straight.
:>

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:08 pm

an action packed race for the final of season 7 =]

Well done to Big Al on his win =]
Many thanks to Odie for his Trophy sponsorship, Hope all goes well with ya new orders in the states :) and hopefuly we will see u back on the track in the future.

Thanks to all those who raced in this league, was a good bit of fun.
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:11 pm

Good fun _b

How I didn't get a black flag for the 2nd pit I'll never know - a self spin on pit entry :rolleyes:
YouTube videos

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:11 pm

Complete your ferking cool down laps. Second time this season I've had to dodge cars on the last lap in the middle of the track. q-

Managed not to loose any positions overall. I can live with that. :)
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:41 pm

Well that was pretty annoying race until last 10.

Was doing ok at back of lead pack then calibration went south, lucky to be able to TAB out to profiler, unplug, recalib and rejoin without disco, damage done, outta sync and probably 80% of race running solo.

Was good to help Odie in a small way at the end, and no I never considered holding Viking up, assuming I did get outta the way at the right time.

I was very quiet for most of the race, as I didn't have anything nice to say really (grinding teeth etc) so kept my trap shut and car outta the race lane when freights trains whizzed by.

Just happy to finish, toys and towels still in their rightful place. :D

Good season overall, the std is so high now, its a bit daunting to be honest but happy to do my bit.

Not sure what the future of the Monsters is, or individual drivers except for the sad loss of Odie, not just to Monsters, the whole field and the community is poorer for his impending departure.

All the best Odie, I've learned a lot from you, the trick continues to be the application ;)
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

CarnaGe

Post by CarnaGe » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:55 pm

Apologies to Eagle for the crap first pit stop, I mis-read your braking.

Other than that a very enjoyable first season in the main league.

Congrates to Team DuD and Happy for their wins.

Odie, while I have only known you on-line for a short time it has been a real pleasure racing with you. Getting tips from you, and scutchups, which have been great.

Enjoy your time back home and I look forward to racing alongside you again soon.

To the committee, thanks for the season.

Inspector, thanks very very much for all the help you have given me of late. Your tips and advise were priceless.

Team [sack] thanks for having me this season and it was a shame that we didn't keep 3rd spot but when 3 of the 4 team members aren't there for the final race it was always an uphill battle.

BcingU, thanks for all the tips this season and for the hand in this race. I look forward to having you as a team mate next season, either as a [sack] or in a new team.

I also wish to extend my congratulations to all the poster winners this season, I hope they were what you expected.
Last edited by CarnaGe on Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:25 am, edited 4 times in total.

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:01 am

Got my first win ever but not as excited about it as i should be for 2 reasons. Lag - for all those that perservered following my zig zagging car I thank you, honestly I came real close to quitting.

Secondly that 1st pitstop... the danger signs were there with all those cars pitting together and i nearly made the decision to stay out for 1 more lap to avoid the traffic but really disappointed that it was me that caused a ding so sorry to Prom and others who got caught up in it D:

Mattly I owe you 1, the tow along for that extra lap before the last pit was where I won the race _b took a risk and took only 1/2 can for last pit and prayed like hell that i came out into a draft and lucky for me it all worked out :)

Dont forget I had a prize up for grabs tonight which was open to all drivers who raced tonight and i will draw that tomorrow and post the winner.

Well done to Happy on the Championship win and the Duds _b

Big thanks to the commitee for organising yet another successful season and I am looking forward to the next one....... where Team Google will be back better and stronger :D

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:56 am

Big Al wrote:
Secondly that 1st pitstop... the danger signs were there with all those cars pitting together and i nearly made the decision to stay out for 1 more lap to avoid the traffic but really disappointed that it was me that caused a ding so sorry to Prom and others who got caught up in it D:
So that was you! Grrrr :) Did any other bugger get held for 30 seconds for an unsafe pit entry on that one? I managed to dodge all of you spinning schmucks through some fine driving yet the stupid game pulls me up for being unsafe? Sooner we find a newer, more 'reasonable' game the better I say.

Congrats on the win though, good to see a first timer get on the top spot...it gives me hope :D _b _b _b
Don't make me destroy you.

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:39 am

That was a well deserved win Big Al _b

I went for 1 can on the last stop and no tyres and managed a fairly quick stop, but still managed to drop 5 seconds on you there. I came out on my own so there was no way I was going to catch you.. Cheers to Happy for taking 4 tyres on his last stop and dropping off the lead pack :D

Overall a good race for me, couldn't have gone much better. Ill take my 5th overall for the season :) Bit of a shame about the team championship, but thats life.

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:31 pm

Well done Big Al _b

Good luck Odie with your new posting in the states, hope to race with ya again some day.
:)
Wah Wah Wah

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:17 pm

I enjoyed the race last night, even though I did not finish in 3rd for the season. Couple things that helped me and impressed me.

1) After the early incident that I had to avoid by driving in the grass on the backstretch, I wanted to thank Inspector, Happy, Bazz, Viking and I believe there was 1 more that waited for me in a draft, so we could work our way to the front; and it paid off. After the first pit stop, we were in it.

2) Viking, it was fun running with you the whole night, which made it more interesting at the finish, it could not have happened any other way. I know when Inpsector wanted to wait for me, you were probably thinking, geez, I am trying to stay ahead in points and we are helping him :)

You have seen big improvements in everyones racing over the 7 seasons, not if only someone and put a consistant team together that can compete with the DuDs, each and every season. Good luck to all teams next season in the attempt to knock the DuDs off the top again.

Big Al, you did the right thing by staying out even if the lag, you were running in the top and you had every right to be ot there.

To the Monsters, it has been a rough couple seasons, but I have no doubt that you will make your way to the top again.

There were a couple times that I cracked my face off at somebody (out of character), but it would always wake everyone up. Some people that I can remember yelling about on ventrillo; (JBR, CarNaGe, Jetboy, Flyboy, Biteme) If I forgot anyone, please feel free to refresh this old mans memory.

Again I look forward to the race against the Aussie, and of course we will triumph.
Odie

Murphy's Law

Post by Murphy's Law » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:40 pm

odonohuesp wrote: 1) After the early incident that I had to avoid by driving in the grass on the backstretch, I wanted to thank Inspector, Happy, Bazz, Viking and I believe there was 1 more that waited for me in a draft, so we could work our way to the front; and it paid off. After the first pit stop, we were in it.
That was me

:neo: :spanner: :bike: :auto:

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:11 pm

Murphy's Law wrote:
odonohuesp wrote: 1) After the early incident that I had to avoid by driving in the grass on the backstretch, I wanted to thank Inspector, Happy, Bazz, Viking and I believe there was 1 more that waited for me in a draft, so we could work our way to the front; and it paid off. After the first pit stop, we were in it.
That was me

:neo: :spanner: :bike: :auto:
What the other drafting car or the other driver that I have cracked my face off at; I actually think it was both :D
Odie

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:51 am

Been stuck in canberra for the last week with no internet access...currently waiting for my flight back to NZ in Sydney Airport and they have free internet :D

question re the points...Unsure of what the status was of Wraith but did last place points get awarded as I was away with work? and Wraith being in a 50/50 position to race after getting bits of himself removed?

Sheesh, go away a week and try hitting the "posts since last visited" button :o

Danman

Post by Danman » Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:46 pm

I decided to miss the race and sleep instead as I was still feeling like shite with the flu. Don't suppose I got any points?

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:33 pm

CarnaGe wrote: Team [sack] thanks for having me this season and it was a shame that we didn't keep 3rd spot but when 3 of the 4 team members aren't there for the final race it was always an uphill battle.
Might pay to check the points there fulla :p

And having you on the team was all good, again with the resident sacks of myself and storm doing our best impression of being sacks yourself and Wraith really helped build the points.....a 12th in your first season is pretty impressive _b

CarnaGe

Post by CarnaGe » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:36 pm

Jetboy wrote:Might pay to check the points there fulla :p

And having you on the team was all good, again with the resident sacks of myself and storm doing our best impression of being sacks yourself and Wraith really helped build the points.....a 12th in your first season is pretty impressive _b
Cheers Jet, see they have been adjusted which is all good. And thanks for making me welcome in team [sack]. It is unfortunate that you will not be around this season and this looks like [sack] will be on hold until you return.