GTL League Race 1

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
famin

Post by famin » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:56 am

BAZZIL wrote:I can't see sparks from other cars, I thought your car was in tip top shape.
My apologies.
accepted.

I suggest it wouldnt hurt nonetheless to leave a little extra room to a car in front for just that sort of situation tho.. It ruins the fun of racing . thats why I try to enforce it in what may seem a dictatorial way in GPL. It s always better in my book to run wheel to wheel with someone safely than to simply be tipped off the track for whatever reason.

and to growler...
aaah but mere milli secs later... :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Throttle depressed, driver very happy

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:11 am

Cheers Liquid and Jovo, all part of the racing, especially in this class of cars. I had a great night and enjoyed both races immensely, laughing at Happy as he hit the wall at the chicane and then swearing loudly as I hit it the next lap. It is so great to battle side by side with people and I'm finding that the speed of these cars compared to the stuff we are used to is what is making the difference. Firstly people have so much more time to react when a mistake is made in front of you, but more importantly, the racing is so much more even, hell I even beat the disaster Happy last night.

Looking forward to next week and the "Mondello Massacre"

:wheelchair:
Inspector

---

Growler

Post by Growler » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:32 am

Inspector wrote:Cheers Liquid and Jovo, all part of the racing, especially in this class of cars. I had a great night and enjoyed both races immensely, laughing at Happy as he hit the wall at the chicane and then swearing loudly as I hit it the next lap. It is so great to battle side by side with people and I'm finding that the speed of these cars compared to the stuff we are used to is what is making the difference. Firstly people have so much more time to react when a mistake is made in front of you, but more importantly, the racing is so much more even, hell I even beat the disaster Happy last night.

Looking forward to next week and the "Mondello Massacre"

:wheelchair:
Yes I have to agree. Diseased in the Mustang, Famin in the Mini and myself in the Cortina were racing side by side for at least 5 - 6 laps without hitting each other. The three cars were fairly even. There was a lot of dicing, passing etc but no one got outta shape. Very good racing by all.

Growler.

diseased

Post by diseased » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:46 am

no doubt, that was pretty cool.
Every time these two (Growler and Famin) would get up my ass for a pass, we'd hit a straight and the Stang'd just walk away from them. Course, then I'd get into Parabolica and they'd start creeping up on me again.

btw, Apeshit, do me (and yourself) a favor and ditch the in-game death threats, eh? It's very 6th grade.
"It is what it is."

Scrunty

Post by Scrunty » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:09 am

Bugger I knew it was going to be fun ;(
I'll be there for sure next week to join in the fun, new video card is on the way _b (I'm already going through withdraw symptoms :violin:)
Halo Racing

APESHIT

Post by APESHIT » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:51 pm

diseased wrote:btw, Apeshit, do me (and yourself) a favor and ditch the in-game death threats, eh? It's very 6th grade.
I threatened nobody. Did I mention names, no? ok. Lighten the f*ck up.

I'm gonna change it to 'STOP WHINING' - because that's all you people do. :D
1981 Toyota Celica GT Rally - TA61 2T-GEU
1989 Toyota Celica GT-R 4WS - ST183 3S-GE

F*CKFACE I WILL BEAT YOU

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:20 pm

APESHIT wrote:
diseased wrote:btw, Apeshit, do me (and yourself) a favor and ditch the in-game death threats, eh? It's very 6th grade.

Oh dear, message not getting thru..maybe Braille is the answer ;)
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

bman

Post by bman » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:37 pm

Best idea is to kick his ass out.

Debz teaches primary school and mr 'me me me' is just wanting attention (behaviour is consistant with a 6 year old).

Why bother fagging around 'giving him a chance'. Another chance that is.

Not worth the effort, and bound to cause more problems.

Do the admins have access to poster IP's?

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:42 pm

APESHIT wrote:

No one is "whining". Just that it seems we have to point out to you the rules of motorsport. The fact that you have a complete lack of respect is another issue.

diseased

Post by diseased » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:51 pm

APESHIT wrote:I threatened nobody. Did I mention names, no? ok. Lighten the f*ck up.

You, via in-game chat, and I quote: "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU".
(And if that's not a direct quote, it's damned near one) I don't know who you said it to, and I really don't care. It's retarded and lame, and you can stop now, thankyouverymuch. I don't take crap like that seriously, but it's still irritating, especially coming from someone who's made, as far as I can tell, a barely half-assed attempt to cooperate with an existing group.

I'm sorry you don't enjoy this kind of racing. Perhaps you might find something else more to your liking.
"It is what it is."

Growler

Post by Growler » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:30 pm

In all honesty guys...do we really need to take this shit from him.
Just tell him to ferk off!

Growler.

Growler

Post by Growler » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:57 am

Hmmmm....Censorship! I most certainly didn't type "ferk"!!

Growler.

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:26 am

Whilst we try to leave this forum open to free speech and opinion, we have to try and draw a line somewhere.

As you would agree, telling people you are going to kill them whilst racing in a sim server is really not acceptable and for the same reason we try to keep swearing and personal abuse to a minimum in the forum.

What some people fail to see is that many of the members here are close friends or have at the very least met, or known each other online for some years now. In this context we say (on Ventrilo) and type (in the forum) lots of things that a new person might mistake for general and acceptable abuse. A new person to the forum should take the time to get to know the people here and become accepted and respected before throwing abuse etc around. This I would have thought was a common social skill in real life and it shouldn't need to be explained or made a rule in a forum.

Whilst I understand how frustrating it is trying to get this message across Growler, people like you and I must show some patience and restraint and given time the people will understand or go away or get sent to their room.
Inspector

---

CarnaGe

Post by CarnaGe » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:29 am

Is it too late for a former stockcar racer to join this league....I still know how to turn right and ruin someones race :D

:crash:

:amb:

:violin:

Liquid

Post by Liquid » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:11 am

No feel free to join, welcome and enjoy

Growler

Post by Growler » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:18 am

Inspector wrote:Whilst we try to leave this forum open to free speech and opinion, we have to try and draw a line somewhere.

As you would agree, telling people you are going to kill them whilst racing in a sim server is really not acceptable and for the same reason we try to keep swearing and personal abuse to a minimum in the forum.

What some people fail to see is that many of the members here are close friends or have at the very least met, or known each other online for some years now. In this context we say (on Ventrilo) and type (in the forum) lots of things that a new person might mistake for general and acceptable abuse. A new person to the forum should take the time to get to know the people here and become accepted and respected before throwing abuse etc around. This I would have thought was a common social skill in real life and it shouldn't need to be explained or made a rule in a forum.

Whilst I understand how frustrating it is trying to get this message across Growler, people like you and I must show some patience and restraint and given time the people will understand or go away or get sent to their room.
I agree with you entirely Inspector. I do however have to point out that the majority of the members using this forum are mature grown up people. I also agree that your "friendship" and respect has to be earned before people will accept you. Thats a fact of life. However, in saying this, how many times do I (Or anyone else) have to give someone a chance to prove they are worthy of my respect...and friendship?

Growler.