Can you throw some of that luck my way Tony. ;p

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:50 pm

:duck:
Don't think you want my luck after the last 2 race finishes :cute:

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:28 pm

After last weeks race at Thunder Bay I reviewed the race start and here is some feedback from that.

1. The first restart was caused by a car collision in the middle of the feild which effected the rest of the cars behind them. The incident appears to have started around Chequers and because the lagging makes it hard to view we will assume that the lag caused the incident as well.

2. The second restart was also due to the serious lag/warping from Chequers and Gregory. Thanks again to them for volunteering to quit out.

3. The rules of race start read "....The leaders then continue at pace speed, all cars MUST maintain their separation and stay in line behind the car in front.
At no time should any drivers attempt to 'brake check' or get 'flying starts' on other drivers, all cars must maintain the pace speed until the green flag is given."

To clarify this, you must stay in line behind the car in front until "YOU" have crossed the start line. You can not hang to one side ready to go when you cross the line, you must be direcctly in line with car in front until you cross the line. If you get a better start than the car in front when the green flag is called you just have to back off.

JBR - Please take note of the above rule, you were spotted last week completely out of line crossing the start line. Now the rule has been explained (ask questions if you don't understand) we will be watching all race starts and warning/penalising for repeat offenders.

MadMarty - You were spotted driving out of line in the lead up to the start. Although you stayed in line for the actual start, we need the cars to line up and stay lined up for the whole start. Once one car moves out of line the next guy does and the next guy etc etc and then we have issue with cars weaving to try and stay in line and then accidents.

4. First two laps. I watched as much of the first two laps as I could from a number of cars and found the majority of drivers well behaved for the pressure situation the race starts are. The major crash at the back of the feild was caused when Noon and Danman touched, the result seeing Danman bounce off the wall collecting quite a few cars behind him. An unfortunate incident, possibly caused by a bit of lag but I was concerened with the cars being three wide and the drivers concerened were attempting to give each other too much space, meaning car 2 (Noon) went too high collecting Danman on the outside. Some thought should be put into driving into a 3 wide situation in those first 2 laps, it is often the lower driver who forces this situation. If the 2 cars you force high crash then there is grounds for them to protest for forcing the 3 wide in those early laps.

Apart from these suggestions I think our race starts have improved greatly over the seasons and just continues to get better. Well done.
Inspector

---

Noon416

Post by Noon416 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:41 pm

Inspector wrote: ... meaning car 2 (Noon) went too high collecting Danman on the outside. ...
While your point about going 3 wide at that point is taken and absorbed, I would just like to defend myself here.

I was actually moving down the track at the time Danman came down into me and bounced off. He had a lane and a half of space into the turn and into the turn was the only one that could have safely backed off, as he had no cars behind to run into him.

I appreciate the feedback Inspector, and I want to reiterate that your point is well-taken. Call this post practice if I ever have to defend myself against a protest in the future. ;)

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:43 am

MadMarty - You were spotted driving out of line in the lead up to the start. Although you stayed in line for the actual start, we need the cars to line up and stay lined up for the whole start. Once one car moves out of line the next guy does and the next guy etc etc and then we have issue with cars weaving to try and stay in line and then accidents.

noted.... reason i had gregory in front on the left blinking in and out and was looking around went high out of line so could see plus give space bacause he was really bad will saty behind before start from now on
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:11 am

Noon - yes you are right I can see Danman came down - my point is that when you are driving side by side in this game you have no peripheral vision and Danman has to assume you are driving in the centre "lane", and in this case he may have been looking at the line on the track that you are above, thinking that is the line he could run with. Anyway, it was a racing incident and no blame needs to be set, I really just wanted to highlight the incident and hopefully prevent something like that happening again.

Marty - The replay I looked at was after the 2nd restart which means Gregory had in fact left.

Thanks to both of you for the positive response, this type of discussion is great and encourages everyone to review incidents in a positive manner and learn from these experiences.
Inspector

---

Danman

Post by Danman » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:10 am

From memory I didn't think I moved down the track but obviously I did :) I do remember thinking at the start this could get messy and the sooner we were single file the better, I guess I was hoping someone else would back off :D Nothing worse than that feeling of spinning helplessly into the low line and knowing you are going to get nailed :D
I must get a decent mic sorted for ventrillo, I am using headphones to listen though :)

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:26 am

Danman wrote: I must get a decent mic sorted for ventrillo, I am using headphones to listen though :)
Just get one of these from TM - mine just sits in my ear and is a discrete enough mic than I can still get a glass of wine to my lips during pit stops.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
YouTube videos

JBR

Post by JBR » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:01 pm

[quote="Inspector"]After last weeks race at Thunder Bay I reviewed the race start and here is some feedback from that.

JBR - Please take note of the above rule, you were spotted last week completely out of line crossing the start line. Now the rule has been explained (ask questions if you don't understand) we will be watching all race starts and warning/penalising for repeat offenders.

Message recived & understand inspector
_b
IF YA CAN FEEL YA HEART BEATING YOUR ALIVE DAM IT