Round 4 : Nocturnal Sports Car League

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Danman

Post by Danman » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:24 am

I had a shocker of a race. Had a coming together with Redvaliant lap 1 turn 1 - just one of those things - clipped a spinning Bazzil? on lap 2, another tap on lap 3, and then a self spin on lap 6 after letting the leaders go through.

Lukily a lot of people ahead of me had DNF's and I eventually finished 16th.

It's all fun though ( well in hindsight the morning after anyway :D )

Hoping for better things next week.

storm

Post by storm » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:43 am

i had another shocker while trying to avoid a warping aussie only to find someone parked in the middle of the rd in the esses ....end of my race engine blown

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:38 pm

yes you have to watch out for the road blocks in the esses

What's all this driving on the track famin ? I thought you just drove across the grass ;p hehehe :)
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:02 pm

replay link up

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:53 pm

Mmmm..Incredibles better look out, them darn Duds are right on the hammer...(stacked team don't hurt).... :D

Monsters happily trundling along, keeping Team Marvel well behind, staying outta trouble, working away quietly, practising hard, praying for better luck, watching the mirrors and weaving thru carnage.

Fun fun fun at both ends of the field.... _b _b _b

Daytone RC next week, great track with two nasty bits, turn one, that turns for ever and chicane down the back that is both fast and deadly...more fun fun fun.

Balanced setup the keya dn extra caffiene to stay extra alert for danger....
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

Wood

Post by Wood » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:05 pm

Can you put up a link for Daytona Ron? :)
Brake on the straight before it's too late.

Deij

Post by Deij » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:19 pm

Riven wrote:Lap 1 into the inner loop, and Wayne and I get together, i dont make the turn, come to a stop then carry on only to get black flag >_< (should have just kept the boot in) pitted, cleared flag, and exited pit in 30th about 8s behind 29th at beginning of lap 2.

That would make 2 races in a row you have nailed me enough to destroy my nights racing,thx, looking foward to you rearending me next week.

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:24 pm

Deij wrote:
Riven wrote:Lap 1 into the inner loop, and Wayne and I get together, i dont make the turn, come to a stop then carry on only to get black flag >_< (should have just kept the boot in) pitted, cleared flag, and exited pit in 30th about 8s behind 29th at beginning of lap 2.

That would make 2 races in a row you have nailed me enough to destroy my nights racing,thx, looking foward to you rearending me next week.
considering you wont bring it up with the officials, you really cant complain, same goes for everyone, you dont protest it, dont expect the drving to improve.

thou wayne shouldnt be throwing stones, considering the construction of his own house

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:43 pm

Wood wrote:Can you put up a link for Daytona Ron? :)
Done

Deij

Post by Deij » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:44 pm

ronwest wrote:
Deij wrote:

considering you wont bring it up with the officials, you really cant complain, same goes for everyone, you dont protest it, dont expect the drving to improve.

thou wayne shouldnt be throwing stones, considering the construction of his own house
PFFFFFFT

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:51 pm

Brain just not in race mode last night :( car just downright misbehaved....end of the first race was crossing the finish line with smoke poring from the bonnet
Decided against the second race as with the way I was driving could see me punting someone and decided to withdraw.....till next week :p

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:54 pm

Oh I did, I sure did but I also decided on no tryes to save time but mistakenly took on 2cans so negated the effect somewhat. Else you were toast!
This explains why I was slowly catching you Famin; your tyres were toast.
Odie

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:56 pm

Jetboy wrote:Brain just not in race mode last night :( car just downright misbehaved....end of the first race was crossing the finish line with smoke poring from the bonnet
Decided against the second race as with the way I was driving could see me punting someone and decided to withdraw.....till next week :p
LOL mebbe that shows why you weren't in top form, best to know whats going on before the race, there was but only 1 :)
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

famin

Post by famin » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:23 pm

BAZZIL wrote:What's all this driving on the track famin ? I thought you just drove across the grass ;p hehehe :)
when youve got it... flaunt it... ;)

just following your example dud.

famin

Post by famin » Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:10 pm

Ok just watched a fair bit of the replay and I have two things to say:

1. Ron you are absolutely correct, I did lunge down the inside of you in that corner on lap19 and punted you in the door. mea culpa. Brain fade. I think I was being pushed hard and just went for it. I apologise, it was un warranted and given the extreme (over extreme) careful driving I did during the early laps in order to not hit anyone (I was still 20th at lap 4!!) it was very bad and I deserve at least 1 incident point.

2. Riven When I hit you you 'were' going down the inside line but you actually appear to bottle out (probably sensibly) and pulled back to the right behind the car in front and directly in front of me on the right hand side of the track. - see attached pic. It caught me out and I locked up into you. If it helps I spun too...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:22 pm

famin wrote:If it helps I spun too...
Oh really??? doesnt look like you spun to me O_o

famin

Post by famin » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:16 pm

ahem... when I hit Ron...coff..

funny how memory plays tricks on you eh?

Valik

Post by Valik » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:23 am

Finally, some contraversy that doesn't involve me :rolleyes:

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:22 am

Another great Race report Brett, maybe a few comments a bit close to the bone, but its up to Ron on the level of editorial licence you have been given.

Nice pics, good onya owning up to a couple of less than stellar moments. My quote taken outta context sounds just "fab", after early engine blow, repair to 80% power, I got passed on the straights like a chained to fence thang, other than that a great race.

PC went well, pit crew still nursing their bruises however... :D
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:06 pm

Sulley wrote:My quote taken outta context sounds just "fab"
That's the media for ya :p

Entertaining though, I like it, I like it a lot :)
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:35 pm

Eagle32 wrote:
Sulley wrote:My quote taken outta context sounds just "fab"
That's the media for ya :p
Never trust anyone in the media, I say. :D

SimTV video of the race is now recorded and edited rough cut, just gonna add some visual enhancements, graphics and music.

AND it's a Wednesday too _b