Round 4 : Nocturnal Sports Car League

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Round 4 : Nocturnal Sports Car League

Post by Prometheus » Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:35 pm

Sorry guys, due to an interesting day at work, I'm not in a good frame of mind to race tonite.

So instead I have a date with a bottle of a cheeky merlot - just the thing to ease stress and tension.

Enjoy the racing, SimTV coverage will still happen.

cap'n

Post by cap'n » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:24 pm

more utter disappointment for me. I can't even seem to make 10 laps q-
I think it's a result of outdriving myself, but there is definitely some crummy luck mixed in too.
Qualified a bit slower than expected, but hey it's a long race. Then came the dings, spins, and mistakes that are the hallmark of my driving _b

On an even dumber note, I now know to STOP for a black flag, not just drive through [twice :ffs:] and wonder why it didn't clear O_o

A fitting end came when I didn't brake in time for the chicane, and was disqualified for backtracking in an attempt to avoid another black flag :D

Next week I think I ought to forget about points, keep a cool head and just try to finish the race :cool: seeyas then.

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:34 pm

Engine expired due to being punted into the wall O_o

RedValiant

Post by RedValiant » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:42 pm

whole car expired after rookie errors. Saw a guy in top 10 exit pits, took eye off the road to make room and wobbled into a spin/roll exit :) nice track though.

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:44 pm

Did I say wood is full of shite >8D ?
:>

cap'n

Post by cap'n » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:50 pm

was he cranking out those sweet sweet 1:07s again :eek:

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:50 pm

an entertaining race, plenty of engine blowups

With letting the leaders or lapping cars thru, plz do it in a safe area even if two corners pass, trying to let the leaders through in the esses is just a complete disaster :)
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Tickford

Post by Tickford » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:50 pm

Travelling well until getting caught in someone else accident....dropping 3 places and damaging the car :/
Cheers
Tickford

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:56 pm

yers cap'n, sounds like you had a right shitter, I saw you on the times board not far behind me, and then you spontaneously dissapeared :O
Boom Boom !

cap'n

Post by cap'n » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:03 pm

BAZZIL wrote: spontaneously dissapeared :O
i'm quite good at that.
But the tears have dried, the bandaids have been applied, and the splintered remains of my computer desk have been thrown in the skip.
Rippin's racin' :>

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:07 pm

cap'n wrote:
BAZZIL wrote: spontaneously dissapeared :O
Rippin's racin' :>
hahaha :D
Boom Boom !

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:07 pm

lol
:>

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:08 pm

I thought I might have been going to pull off a top 10 but it turns out I was the only one gonig for a quick splash of fuel at the end and dropped back to 15th, everyone else obviously having taken there 2nd pit earlier :). More than happy with that though, even if only four of the cars that finished behind me were still running. At least I was still running :p
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Wood

Post by Wood » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:16 pm

cap'n wrote:was he cranking out those sweet sweet 1:07s again :eek:
You should have been here when Darren Marsh came along, no one in the league had come close to a 1.07 and he comes from no where and lays down a 1.07.3 and promptly lapped the field. :o
Brake on the straight before it's too late.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:19 pm

I'm glad to finish also, was going ok for a few, avoided some dings, gained a few spots then engine CTD'd, 3 or so laps in pits for repair, about 80% power after that, so got good at being passed.

PC fine, car needs a bullet O_o
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:46 pm

Lap 1 into the inner loop, and Wayne and I get together, i dont make the turn, come to a stop then carry on only to get black flag >_< (should have just kept the boot in) pitted, cleared flag, and exited pit in 30th about 8s behind 29th at beginning of lap 2.

Start slowly making my way into the field and got slapped by famin into the 2nd to last turn, spend about 5-10s in the sand with a shovel D:

First pit stop went well if slightly slow due to almost overshooting the board, told the crew not to fix damage, still managed to pick a few spots up in there though.

Later on, while passing BMan he and I come together into T1. Minor spin by bman (my fault) so I waited for him to rejoin infront.

Fairly slow race from then on, 50 odd seconds behind 4th place, and 2nd place on my tail about to lap me.

Pitted again with about 6 to go for 1/2 can gas, no tyres and no damage fixing just incase 6th decided to catch me that way.

In the end I think it was a good recovery finished 5th, and only lapped by wood :)

Man this track hates me, last season I was down 2 laps by lap 3, and without 3rd gear. Managed a win in season 1 on the long layout however O_o

]-[ITMAN

Post by ]-[ITMAN » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:06 am

POO.

And Valik taking pole was complete BS... :)

Got tangled up with traffic and speared into the wall for my troubles... At least I'll make the highlight movie... :)

Valik

Post by Valik » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:38 am

No need to get upset now. I worked bloody hard for that pole. It was my first 1.08 so there :)

With 11 laps and in 4th place my engine went silent. I can't post a transcript of what was said ;(

famin

Post by famin » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:04 am

Riven wrote:Start slowly making my way into the field and got slapped by famin into the 2nd to last turn, spend about 5-10s in the sand with a shovel D:
yeah I was very sorry about that. Either there was a car in front you were slowing for or you were just earlier braking at that corner. Either way I misjudged when you would brake and tagged you. I certainly had the brakes on hard trying NOT to tag you . I didnt have the "sorry" key mapped either so couldnt let you know that it was NOT intentional. It was the only ding I had all night after starting about 20th or so (bad qualifyer) I did make it to 6th so Im reasonably happy.

Pitted again with about 6 to go for 1/2 can gas, no tyres and no damage fixing just incase 6th decided to catch me that way.
Oh I did, I sure did but I also decided on no tryes to save time but mistakenly took on 2cans so negated the effect somewhat. Else you were toast!

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:32 am

Looks like the music this week needs to be something with "frustrating", "crash" and "!^$#&~" in the lyrics :D to match the pictures.

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:33 am

famin wrote:
Riven wrote:Start slowly making my way into the field and got slapped by famin into the 2nd to last turn, spend about 5-10s in the sand with a shovel D:
yeah I was very sorry about that. Either there was a car in front you were slowing for or you were just earlier braking at that corner.
Yes was less tham impressed with your braking abilites, you punted me in the same corner, then later took me off again by overbraking for some strange reason.

was a shame u had to be underhanded, we could have had a good battle for position, but hey getting an extra 3 points on me was owrth much more than keeping my respect.

famin

Post by famin » Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:51 am

Me!!?

If youre referring to me Ron I am seriously confused. I certainly admit to hitting Riven which was 100 not intentional just a misjudgement in braking distances but I dont remember have a bingle with you at all. If I did I apologise profusely. Ill check the replay tonight and if I did do something I will prostrate myself immediately.

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:00 am

famin wrote:Me!!?

If youre referring to me Ron I am seriously confused. I certainly admit to hitting Riven which was 100 not intentional just a misjudgement in braking distances but I dont remember have a bingle with you at all. If I did I apologise profusely. Ill check the replay tonight and if I did do something I will prostrate myself immediately.
O_o

Lap 19 - turn 10

prolly not significant enough for you to remember
Last edited by Guest on Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:01 am

famin wrote:yeah I was very sorry about that. Either there was a car in front you were slowing for or you were just earlier braking at that corner. Either way I misjudged when you would brake and tagged you. I certainly had the brakes on hard trying NOT to tag you . I didnt have the "sorry" key mapped either so couldnt let you know that it was NOT intentional. It was the only ding I had all night after starting about 20th or so (bad qualifyer) I did make it to 6th so Im reasonably happy.
Yeah there was a car on the right side of me, I was on the inside line. When you are on the inside line to have to brake slightly earlier or you will not make the corner, and i didnt want to punt the other car off when they turned in.

As it turned out, I doubt it really cost me anything, as Warwick was miles ahead in 4th place after my lap 1 black flag and stop-go to clear it.

famin

Post by famin » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:35 am

I prostrate and abase myself ron... :o