2012 Enduro league, Le Mans 2.4hrs, Tues 7th Aug

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
vandem
GPL luddite

2012 Enduro league, Le Mans 2.4hrs, Tues 7th Aug

Post by vandem » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:37 pm

The second race of the 2012 enduro series is at Le Mans. Race "start time" is the usual Le Mans 24hr start time of 3pm (but using a normal KSR standing start), and using rFactor's 10x time scaling means that we can run a 24 hour race in 2.4 hours.

So it will get dark. And then light again. Off-line, you can test performance of your PC for night driving by setting Le Mans race weekend race start = 1am, set 20 AI cars, then click through sessions to start of race. Then start race and use CRTL-F to check on frame rate. Don't worry if FPS on the grid drops into 20s (we won't be starting the race in the dark), but make sure that it is 30+ when you are racing after T1. If not:
- start turning down various graphics settings from rFactor in-game menu, or
- update plr file - go to rfdirectory/userdata/[YourDriverName]/, then open [YourDriverName].plr file (with Notepad or similar text editor), then search for "Max Headlights" and change from default setting to "2". Then restart rF and try again.

Real life start time is same as last week, rolling server at around 8pm, using practice session times @ 8:30 for grid, running 5-10 mins warmup. So race start time around 8:40.

After the 2.4 hour time is reached, the winner will receive the chequered flag at the end of their current lap. This could mean that some drivers could do almost two full laps after the 2.4 hour mark.

You can swap between classes from Monza if necessary, but can't change cars if using the same class.

Server settings wil be same as Monza, 70% damage, 2 x fuel, 2 x tyres.

Mod and track info in this thread: http://www.kiwisimracing.net.nz/forum/v ... =4&t=18198

Maniak

Re: 2012 Enduro league, Le Mans 2.4hrs, Tues 7th Aug

Post by Maniak » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:01 pm

Yet again, my early practice has come to nothing as I will be away for this one as well ........ >_< >_<

Growler

Post by Growler » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:14 pm

Stupid fuckin rFactor! I go DQ'ed for not having my lights on...even when the game never informed me to put them on...as it usually would.

DraK

Post by DraK » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:28 pm

i missed the start by 5 min.... :(
..... and once a week there is race night! ....

vandem
GPL luddite

Post by vandem » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:54 pm

Sorry Drak, for once we were all on time.

I tried a P1 car, managed to get down to consistent 3:40s in weekend practice, so thought I'd use it and try to give Sulley someone to beat. But spun on T1 at start of 2nd lap, punctured and had a slow return to the pit, then several spins and more damage in the next few laps. Ended up with a slow car (down 30k on top speed) with a loose rear end, was becoming a danger to others and figured it was better to leave.

With only 10 starters this week, I suggest we don't run the 3rd round, and move onto HistorX.

Thanks to everyone who turned up, hope you enjoyed the night time racing. Is a beautiful track.

IcemanForbes

Post by IcemanForbes » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:36 pm

Just like last week my race found some way to get highly unconventional!
Starting at the back, moved through the field pretty quickly and got into the lead. Had a silly spin at T1 chicane when I was watching Hugh too much but didnt hit anything and no harm done really. For a long time I was just ticking off the laps and the stops for fuel and tyres every 8 laps, but then was coming up behind Sulley in the Porsche Curves and forgot that I needed to pit that lap, so it was into the next lap that I realised I had 1L of fuel left and that was only at the start of Mulsanne Straight. Through getting up some speed in 5th then turning ignition off and putting car into neutral a few times i managed to coast round to Indianapolis when Worm came by and gave me a push which was ABSOLUTELY TREMENDOUS, and so I made it into my pit bay for some a badly needed 81L, and also for the second time in as many weeks I've seen some front damage to someone else's car.
Managed to put it into the wall in the Porsche Curves the next time round which was just another silly mistake, and pitted again this time under my own steam to repair damage, after which I was able to get it to the end in the lead finally.

IcemanForbes.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:40 pm

So a DNF then, Iceman...
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

BK

Post by BK » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:15 am

Well done to the finishes last night.

In the early morning stint I clipped the curb into T2 and ended up spinning down the wall of the kitty litter, tearing parts from the car. By the time I got around to the pits and had a few more hits with the wall the car was history.

Thanks to Vandem for organising the event. Pitty there weren't more drivers in the series.

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:44 am

I wasn't there last night (2.4 hours was way to long for me) so I don't have any results files.

If someone who finished the night could send me the race results, and the file for the qual session I can get the points site updated.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:42 pm

I've got the files but they show 4 finishers rather than the correct number of THREE O_o
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

OR~WORM

Post by OR~WORM » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:23 pm

Pretty uneventful night for me. Led the GT1 class from start to finish and didn't get a scratch on the car except for when I came up behind Iceman and just couldn't for the life of me find a way past. So after giving him a few taps on the rear to let him know I was there I finally managed to squeeze past just before pit lane entry. :crash: Good effort to all that turned up.

Danman

Post by Danman » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:34 pm

I had a fairly slow but steady race... a couple of spins under brakes but didn't hit anything. Took it easy through the dark, then just as I was thinking I might be able to close up on Gordon, I forgot the Porsche curves were there! Straight into the wall and knocked a front wheel off. Drove around to the pits but the pitcrew were determined to ignore me. Bugger!
Fun though.

Thanks to the organisers _b