NZrFL:26 Round 1 - Essington - 29th OCTOBER

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Riftcreator

NZrFL:26 Round 1 - Essington - 29th OCTOBER

Post by Riftcreator » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:06 pm

Night Format:
8:00pm - Server Rolls
8.45pm Drivers Briefing on TS (no cars on the track please)
8.50pm Warm up
9.00pm Race start
2 x 35 min sprint races - Compulsory Pit Stop Required
(All cars must make a pit stop to change all 4 tyres - Pits open from race start and close 5 mins before the end of the race.

No qualifying - Marble draw grid

Other Info:
Tyre Wear - Normal
Fuel Usage - Normal
Damage - 80%
Mechanical Failures - Normal
Flag Rules - Black Only
Driver Aids - Auto Clutch Only
Starts - Standing
Weight Handicaps - If the admin team see fit.

Race rules as per the KSR Race Rule Thread - Race rules

There are ways to gain time by cutting the track here, the Crash Committee will look at this through the replay's and if they see blatant repeat offenders the Crash Committee may impose penalties or even DQ you from that race . For simplicity, through all corners keep 2 wheels on the race track.
(The ripple strips/curbs are NOT the race track)

Gordon

Re: NZrFL:26 Round 1 - Essington - 29th OCTOBER

Post by Gordon » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:47 am

Race Day !! _b _b

Gamuz

Post by Gamuz » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:34 pm

I'm very sorry for what just happened, I couldn't practice so I was terrible, sorry in the second race I was in the middle of the track and I cause problems, usually I'm not that bad I promise for the next one to practice more or not running at all. I have to say that I felt very comfortable with you guys, you are really kind and your behavior in the race is excellent, although I speak some English I'm not familiarized with the racing terms and if I don'tspeak Mmuch I will be more participative. Thank you all and you are great, sorry again I'm really angry about myself.

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:17 pm

Race 1 was EPIC!
After 35mins and a Pitstop, Hugh and I finish with .400 between us. Welldone for the win Hugh _b

Race 2 wasn't so good.
Really sorry TmL, that was a stupid optimistic pass at T1 on the second lap. Again, really sorry :(

After my mention on TS to everyone about being carefull, I go and do that >_< >_<

Mike

Post by Mike » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:39 pm

That was good fun, really looking forward to the next one now. :D

I also want to quickly say thanks to all you guys for being so welcoming. It's really enjoyable racing with you guys. _b

Maniak

Post by Maniak » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:53 pm

Gamuz wrote:I'm very sorry for what just happened, I couldn't practice so I was terrible, sorry in the second race I was in the middle of the track and I cause problems, usually I'm not that bad I promise for the next one to practice more or not running at all. I have to say that I felt very comfortable with you guys, you are really kind and your behavior in the race is excellent, although I speak some English I'm not familiarized with the racing terms and if I don'tspeak Mmuch I will be more participative. Thank you all and you are great, sorry again I'm really angry about myself.
Gamuz - that race 2 incident was a 50/50 call on which way to go on my part .... and I got it wrong - not your fault at all as you were trying to move out of the way.

TmL

Post by TmL » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:10 pm

cheers lads..really enjoyed the racing and already super keen for the next one.

dont worry about race 2 rifty. im in a way more thankfull that it wasnt me who ruined someone elses race on thier first hitout..
you may need to apoligise to my flatmate however, who copped an earfull. he'll get over it

Vladimir

Post by Vladimir » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:53 pm

Yeah, was a good start start to the new league from my point of view ;p
Quite liked sections of that track and as expected, some good close racing was had so enjoyed the Flat 6 mod too.

Good times chasing down Gamuz for a few laps in race 1, and then struggling to keep it together when I did cos Gordon was right on my tail then too!
Gamuz, I don't know what happened in the incident you were talking about but you were driving well (and clean!) when I was racing you.

Welcome to the other new drivers too, good to have a few more numbers. Bugger aye Zimmie, a whole lot of buildup for just 1/2 a lap each race.

And was good to have you back again in race 2 RGV. I thought you were faster than me last night so when I came out of pits just in front I knew the pressure was on to try and stay in front on cold tires and then if I managed that, stay there for another 10 laps. Those next few laps were the most exciting I remember since trying to stay in front of Rifty in the BMWs at Queensland!

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:18 pm

TmL wrote: dont worry about race 2 rifty. im in a way more thankfull that it wasnt me who ruined someone elses race on thier first hitout..
you may need to apoligise to my flatmate however, who copped an earfull. he'll get over it
I'll send him a chocky fish to make up for it ;p

RGVkiwi

Post by RGVkiwi » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:58 pm

Great fun guys, thank you.

Well done to Hugh and Rifty. Such PACE!!! WOW and Hugh pulled a 1.37 unreal!!

Thanks Vlad, I just couldn't find a clean way past you and then started to lose concentration towards the end. Really well done to handle the pressure, was great driving :)

Don't want to jinx us but hopefully we have broken our curse!! :look: