NZrFL:26 Round 2 - Taupo A1GP - 5th NOVEMBER

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Riftcreator

NZrFL:26 Round 2 - Taupo A1GP - 5th NOVEMBER

Post by Riftcreator » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:29 pm

Night Format:
8:00pm - Server Rolls
8.45pm Drivers Briefing on TS (no cars on the track please)
8.50pm Warm up
9.00pm Race start
2 x 35 min sprint races - Compulsory Pit Stop Required
(All cars must make a pit stop to change all 4 tyres - Pits open from race start and close 5 mins before the end of the race.

No Qualifying - Marble draw grid

Other Info:
Tyre Wear - Normal
Fuel Usage - Normal
Damage - 80%
Mechanical Failures - Normal
Flag Rules - Black Only
Driver Aids - Auto Clutch Only
Starts - Standing
Weight Handicaps - If the admin team see fit.

Race rules as per the KSR Race Rule Thread - Race rules

There are ways to gain time by cutting the track here, the Crash Committee will look at this through the replay's and if they see blatant repeat offenders the Crash Committee may impose penalties or even DQ you from that race . For simplicity, through all corners keep 2 wheels on the race track.
(The ripple strips/curbs are NOT the race track)

BK

Re: NZrFL:26 Round 2 - Taupo A1GP - 5th NOVEMBER

Post by BK » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:18 am

It's RACE DAY!

BK

Post by BK » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:27 am

Good racing last night.

R1 saw me in P4 after the first lap from last place so was pretty happy about that. Tried to hang on to Gordon and RGV but started to brake later and later till the back passed me on the sweeping leading to the back straight. It liked it so much that it did it 2 more time on the next couple of laps!

Settled down and found my groove after that and chased TmL... good driving man.

R2 was a close opening lap and I'll have to see who was beside me for most it... brilliant driving.
Spent most of the race under pressure from Danman and TmL behind him. One mistake and it would have been over for 3rd.

Yoda_NZ

Post by Yoda_NZ » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:31 am

After sometime away it was good to see that my talent for coming last had not faded. Having been passed by almost everyone I can confidently say there was some good, clean and patient racing. Nice to bring the car back into the pits without any dents.

Racing here is a lot like having a naughty nanny; any mistake is severely punished. Made a couple of blues, but that was enough to see the car in front become significantly smaller.

Hugh

Post by Hugh » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:55 am

Great opening laps in Race 2, good driving Gordon and Vlad.
well done podium getters.

BK

Post by BK » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:52 pm

Hugh Jarse wrote:Great opening laps in Race 2, good driving Gordon and Vlad.
well done podium getters.
I must check the replays tonight... no one was going to yield yet racing was tight _b

Well done on the fastest lap too Hugh... :eek:

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:16 pm

Guy Fawkes last night, so was having some fun with wee Bradley.

To quote him "OH ... MY .... GOD! THIS IS AWESOME DADDY!"

So well worth missing a nights racing just to see him having a wicked time :D

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:17 pm

Which reminds me, someone flick me the results files and I'll update the points site _b

BK

Post by BK » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:21 pm

will pm the points once I have altered the file as Daman got a DQ after the finish...

Hugh

Post by Hugh » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:22 pm

BK wrote:
Well done on the fastest lap too Hugh... :eek:
Can't claim it, that's the one I out braked myself on the back straight.. and slowed for Gordon to catch up ;)

Gamuz

Post by Gamuz » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:39 pm

Yoda_NZ wrote:After sometime away it was good to see that my talent for coming last had not faded. Having been passed by almost everyone I can confidently say there was some good, clean and patient racing. Nice to bring the car back into the pits without any dents.

Racing here is a lot like having a naughty nanny; any mistake is severely punished. Made a couple of blues, but that was enough to see the car in front become significantly smaller.
Ha ha Yoda I think that I have more talent than you to be the last,I will prove it next race, and my nanny is punishing me really bad!!

RGVkiwi

Post by RGVkiwi » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:33 pm

Sorry I was really under the weather with flu, lost (more) conetration when the dog came down petrified of the fireworks, spun and couldn't restart car. Decided bed might be the better location after that.

Very odd the starting issue, will need to look in to that.

Great racing guys, thank you very much.

Hugh, Unreal driving and lap times!!! Uncatchable by me, barely/briefly even saw you!!

TmL

Post by TmL » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:59 pm

great racing last night! sorry to vlad for turning ya in r1, got a bit crowded from memory and went to deep in turn2. i also had a rotten time of it after that. r2 definatly found a groove..10 laps or so tucked in behind danman and bk after being passed in the pits was frustrating but i know i learnt a heap. finally a race with no major mishaps so mission acomplised

bring on bathurst

Vladimir

Post by Vladimir » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:54 pm

All good TmL. It was certainly all downhill from there for me though...had another spin, then had a stupid off track excursion while looking at my pit menu which ended with a rollover. Landed on my wheels though but didn't know where I was on the track so ended up getting DQ, looked hard case on the replay.

Made up for it in race 2 though, think it was my first win! :D Would have been a bit more satisfying though if Hugh hadn't disappeared... or RGV... or if Rifty had turned up! :larf: . Still Gordon kept me honest from start to finish and he was actually faster but I won in the pits.

You can still claim the fastest lap anyway Hugh! By a huge margin too, how do you do that?!

Was just checking out the missing race start sound I was asking about and can't work it out. Would like it back, I nearly missed the start of both races last week, landed on the grid with 2 seconds left in one of them!
Someone said Enduracers has taken over the default sounds and I need to install the originals but it's in the PLR file...

[ Sound Options ]
Net Race Warning="Secondary\racestart.wav" // Signal that multiplayer game has moved to race session (empty this if you don't want the game to automatically take window focus)

And that file "Secondary\racestart.wav" is in my Enduracers install.
Any ideas?

RGVkiwi

Post by RGVkiwi » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:30 pm

Hey congrats Vlad, I didn't realise you got the win in race 2.

well done, a wins a win!!! _b

Fantastic.

Yoda_NZ

Post by Yoda_NZ » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:34 pm

Gamuz wrote: Ha ha Yoda I think that I have more talent than you to be the last,I will prove it next race, and my nanny is punishing me really bad!!
Gamuz nice pass by the way. Thought l had a good margin on you when l pitted but was surprised when l got out just infront. Good pressure and clean pass. The challenge is on! :)

Gordon

Post by Gordon » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:35 pm

Well done to Hugh for the first race....to bloody quick mate _b .
Well done Vlad on the win in Race 2 _b
I wasn't that much faster and you drove a great race so there wasn't much opportunity to get past.
I stuffed up in the pits, forgot to save my setup from the previous race, so ended up putting 24 laps of fuel in for 10 laps of racing. :rolleyes:

Danman

Post by Danman » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:00 am

That was a great night's racing, I didn't really have any speed but tried to concentrate on not going off. Had to avoid a couple of cars at turn 2, lap 1 of race 1, but made it through. Then just drove slowly (compared to Hugh and Gordon - it was as fast as I could go :D ) but consistently for the rest of the race.
Race 2 was much the same, pitted a bit early again, then had a massive battle trying to catch BK but also keep TML behind me. Epic stuff! Then I had a brain fade after the line, went for a hoon on the grass and got DQed. I did finish 4th, honest :D

Might actually practice for Bathurst :D

Hugh

Post by Hugh » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:20 pm

Vladimir wrote: Was just checking out the missing race start sound I was asking about and can't work it out. Would like it back, I nearly missed the start of both races last week, landed on the grid with 2 seconds left in one of them!
Someone said Enduracers has taken over the default sounds and I need to install the originals but it's in the PLR file...

[ Sound Options ]
Net Race Warning="Secondary\racestart.wav" // Signal that multiplayer game has moved to race session (empty this if you don't want the game to automatically take window focus)

And that file "Secondary\racestart.wav" is in my Enduracers install.
Any ideas?
The mod uses a config overide in their RFM..
Tested on over Lan works fine...
Drop the Gamedata folder contained in this zip into the main directory of your enduracer mod installation and allow overwrite.(its a modified version I just did and should wake you up)
RaceWarning.7z
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vladimir

Post by Vladimir » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:30 pm

Ahh I see. Cheers Hugh, now I can adjust my fuel or take a piss at the last minute again without worrying about missing the start! :D

BK

Post by BK » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:06 pm

:larf: