NZrFL:26 - Round 6 - Sebring - 3rd DECEMBER

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Riftcreator

NZrFL:26 - Round 6 - Sebring - 3rd DECEMBER

Post by Riftcreator » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:43 pm

Night Format:
8:00pm - Server Rolls
8.45pm Drivers Briefing on TS (no cars on the track please)
8.50pm Warm up
9.00pm Race start
2 x 35 min sprint races - Compulsory Pit Stop Required
(All cars must make a pit stop to change all 4 tyres - Pits open from race start and close 5 mins before the end of the race.

No qualifying - Marble draw grid

Other Info:
Tyre Wear - Normal
Fuel Usage - Normal
Damage - 80%
Mechanical Failures - Normal
Flag Rules - Black Only
Driver Aids - Auto Clutch Only
Starts - Standing
Weight Handicaps - If the admin team see fit.

Race rules as per the KSR Race Rule Thread - Race rules

There are ways to gain time by cutting the track here, the Crash Committee will look at this through the replay's and if they see blatant repeat offenders the Crash Committee may impose penalties or even DQ you from that race . For simplicity, through all corners keep 2 wheels on the race track.
(The ripple strips/curbs are NOT the race track)

Gamuz

Re: NZrFL:26 - Round 6 - Sebring - 3rd DECEMBER

Post by Gamuz » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:04 am

I have problems with this track, thev game is not fluid, I don't think that my computer is the problem, sombedy else has the same problem???

Yoda_NZ

Post by Yoda_NZ » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:35 pm

Worked ok for today.

BK

Post by BK » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:21 am

It's RACE DAY

Looks like it's going to be close again looking at times on Live Racers _b

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:29 am

Ignore mine, wasn't a legit lap after looking at the replay. I cut a couple of corners and got the outside wheels on the ripple strip.

Best PB so far is a 2:03.039.

Yoda_NZ

Post by Yoda_NZ » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:02 am

Gutted! After a week of dealing with the <insert word of your choice> from EQC I was so looking forward to racing last night.

All was good up until we switched to the warm up before the race. I don't know if more people joined just at that point (let me know if you did as it will help me track down the issue). I began to get micro stutters for a few seconds, it would smooth out then happen again. I had to pull out of race two as it was too difficult to drive properly.

I am launching via a short cut using +PROC, and loaded the 4GB patch in between racing. Plus a complete restart of the system. The problem remained. I foresee some googling for me in the next few days.

Congrats to Hugh for the first race, thought you pitted due to damage in the first lap. But it was just a cunning plan. Timed just right to nip passed rifty when he pitted. Close racing all over the track. Nice freight train for 2nd to 6th most of the way.

BK

Post by BK » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:33 am

Shame you had problems Yoda. By the time I flicked over to warmup, everyone was in the server and had been since 8.30pm. The exception was Rifty... so we'll blame him :larf:

Race 1 I forgot to turn damage off >_< and then hit a wall later on >_< >_<

Race 2: the battle at the start saw a restart with half the field effected. Restarted and managed to move up in to 3rd. Had Jonesy on my tail the rest of the race. Thought he was going to get 3rd after his long stint on the track and coming out just in front of me after his pit stop. Managed to pass him and keep the spot, but had to work for it. Great battle _b

Mike

Post by Mike » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:13 pm

Yoda, check if you run any programs that interfere with the display, such as F.lux or similar. Also, make sure your shortcut says "+fullproc" not "+proc".

Race 1: Annoyed at my own stupidity here. Got a good start, up into second, and... missed the first corner. I had done a few practice races with ai starting at the back of the grid. So starting at 3rd, the corner snuck up on me faster than expected. Made a couple of mistakes, nothing too major and came home 7th.

Race 2: Probably the most fun I've ever had racing. Kept it tidy and found myself in 2nd after lap 2, with Rifty and Gordon behind. Managed to keep them behind until lap 4 where I went to deep into the first gear right hander. Quite chuffed I managed to hold them off that long though. A lap later I had a collision with Gordon after he spun, I had yellow damage on both front suspension and the splitter. The car still felt OK, so I decided not to fix it. BK got ahead of me, and I was about a second behind him. I stayed out a few laps later than he did, then pitted as soon as I lost time on him. I came out just ahead and managed to hold him off until the final corner. Spent the rest of the race chasing him and finished just over a second behind. Really good fun _b

Cheers everyone for the racing.

Yoda_NZ

Post by Yoda_NZ » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:49 pm

Thanks MJ it is +fullproc, just me being a lazy typist. One of the first things I did was to make sure that there were no unnecessary programs running. The only thing I can think off is having 12 in multiplayer. I'll reinstall the 4GB patch just in case I stuffed it up. Not much could have gone wrong with that, but worth another try.

While you guys were enjoying yourselves in the first race. I tested offline and it worked without any issue. One thing I did not try was loading the map on medium rather than high.

The only way to test it is when 12 people are on the map at the same time, so I will have to wait until next race to be sure.

Pity about last night, as I was going to be really really good too :D

Gamuz

Post by Gamuz » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:25 pm

Congratulations Hugh for the victories and to the rest for the great races, I crashed too many times in both races,I fought a little bit in the second one but made lots of mistakes I was ok in practice but I still need to improve my racing skills. :mad:

BK

Post by BK » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:01 pm

Gamuz wrote:...I crashed too many times in both races,I fought a little bit in the second one but made lots of mistakes I was ok in practice but I still need to improve my racing skills. :mad:
I still remember my first online race... I was put on pole in a reverse grid and then proceeded to get swamped / passed by 20 odd drivers over 1 lap :larf: As I let them all pass, Rifty joked about my speed saying something like "is this driving Miss Daisy??" Cheeky bugger ;p

Hot lapping is easy and good to learn the track. Driving in traffic and keeping your cool under braking and pressure from others, taking an off racing line because another car there, is harder. Just keep racing and you'll get better.

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:06 pm

Not my choice in track, but a good result finishing 2nd in both races, a 4 odd seconds behind Hugh.
Highlight of the night, getting the fastest lap in race 1 with a 2:02.803, and then smashing my PB with a 2:02.568 in race 2.

Weldone everyone, there looked to be some brillaint battles going on.
BK wrote: I still remember my first online race... I was put on pole in a reverse grid and then proceeded to get swamped / passed by 20 odd drivers over 1 lap :larf: As I let them all pass, Rifty joked about my speed saying something like "is this driving Miss Daisy??" Cheeky bugger ;p

:D

zimmie10

Post by zimmie10 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:05 pm

Yeah there were quite a few good battles going on. Both races weren't too bad for me but weren't the best either. Too many little mistakes. Just gotta get used to trying to be consistently quick! 6th in the first race and then I had 5th in the bag until I lost the back end going into turn 1 and had a complete wipeout / spin :ffs:
Luckily no damage but lost enough time for Vlad to catch up and pass me so 6th in race 2 as well. Oh well, here's hoping I can do a bit better next Tuesday!

Gamuz

Post by Gamuz » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:49 pm

That's true Bk thanks, although I couldn't felt comfortable racing,I felt very well with the group I had the chance of talk to a couple of you and you are great, always trying to help and making me feel welcome I'm trying to find my place in your beautiful country as well and being a part of thisgroup is great way to do it. Hugh if you weren't so helpful with me I would hate you for being that fast ha ha

Danman

Post by Danman » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:52 pm

Unfortunately I came down with a case of the "Man Flu" on Monday and just didn't feel up to racing on Tuesday. I really like that track too, and these cars!
See you all next week