NZrFL:27 Mini Challange Round 2 - Timaru 18th Feb

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
BK

NZrFL:27 Mini Challange Round 2 - Timaru 18th Feb

Post by BK » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:39 pm

Night Format:
8:00pm - Server Rolls
8.30pm - Drivers Briefing on TS (no cars on the track please)
8.35pm - Qualifying - 20mins, as many laps as you can in the time allowed.
8.55pm Warm up - only to allow anyone who may have dropped.
9.00pm Race start
4 x 15 min sprint races

Grid positions for Race 1 is based on qualifying. Grid positions for races 2, 3 and 4 are reversed from the last race.

Other Info:
Tyre Wear - Normal
Fuel Usage - Normal
Damage - 80%
Mechanical Failures - Normal
Flag Rules - Black Only
Driver Aids - Auto Clutch Only
Starts - Standing
Weight Handicaps - If the admin team see fit.

Bonus points for crossing the finish line
You must complete 75% of the race for any points.

Race rules as per the KSR Race Rule Thread - Race rules

There are ways to gain time by cutting the track here, the Crash Committee will look at this through the replay's and if they see blatant repeat offenders the Crash Committee may impose penalties or even DQ you from that race . For simplicity, through all corners keep 2 wheels on the race track.
(The ripple strips/curbs are NOT the race track)

Riftcreator

Re: NZrFL:27 Mini Challange Round 2 - Timaru 18th Feb

Post by Riftcreator » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:34 pm

Tricky little track, but one I love!

Looking forward to some practice on Sunday _b

BK

Post by BK » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:28 pm

I have a love hate relationship with this track... hard to drive fast and clean but very challanging and interesting.

BK

Post by BK » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:08 am

It's RACE DAY!

Here's a little vid to get you in the mood...

Gamuz

Post by Gamuz » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:31 pm

Great video Bk this race is going to be very entertained with a lot of mistakes ha ha of course Hugh is going to win but we are gonna have a lot of fun!!!

vandem
GPL luddite

Post by vandem » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:35 pm

Am getting rF locking up when trying to join server. Task Manager can't kill rF, have to use the PC reset button !

Edit, seem to be able to join server if I reboot then try and join the same session again ...

Edit 2, (slightly) interesting that when I had the freezes, in replay folder I have a 0 KB .tmp file alongside the normal .Vcr files. Perhaps I had some temporary Windows file permission / ownership problem?

Maniak

Post by Maniak » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:17 pm

After being kids taxi and having visitors .... I make it for the last race, only to have the connection drop ...... >_< >_<

vandem
GPL luddite

Post by vandem » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:08 pm

Hmmm. Not so good this week.

Had a strange rF freezing problem, then rebooted and rejoined warmup before race 1, thought I had enough time to get a drink but got back to find race had started (my fault, didn't chat "brb"), and got a drive thru when joining race from pit lane as I didn't know what the speed limit was ...

Race 2 got a tidy start from "pole", was in P2 half way around lap 1 when I put the outside rear on the grass and fish-tailed to inside of track and then back across track, lucky nobody hit me! Sorry if I scared anyone. Then a lonely run to the finish.

Race 3 asked to start from back and was much more enjoyable. Spent much of the race being tailed by a recovering / lapped Sulley. Was hoping he'd be able to hold up hold up bk and Gamuz as they tried to catch me after their earlier accidents, but bk caught me 3 laps out - and then was too polite to pass. Hopefully I made myself hard to pass but was driving fairly. Gamuz caught up on the last lap, and wasn't so polite.

Race 4 wasn't great (but thanks for restarting, I really did type "brb" etc in rF chat), got caught in a T4 concertina and decided to run wide and went to the back of the field, rather than punt off dsko and have to redress and go to the back of the field anyway ...

BK

Post by BK » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:06 am

I'm the same as Vandem, not a good week for me either.

There was way too much admin work last night to concentrate well on the racing at hand and I ended up making mistakes in some races that cost me places. Also got caught up in the R2 incident and got a flat tire.
but bk caught me 3 laps out - and then was too polite to pass. Hopefully I made myself hard to pass but was driving fairly.
I wasn't comfortable through the fast sweeps to pass on the inside and hold a good line. My talent was fast being used up at that point :larf:

When some leaves or requests a grid position change, this has to be edited manually in the batch file. Because of this, I am not in the game to see chat text etc. and rely on TS. I will arrange someone to keep an eye on chats when I'm out of game so we don't have the confusion of last night.

Do to fairness to all drivers, we can't hold up starts due to system malfunctions / errors etc. If your not in then you'll have to miss that race. There is roughly a 10 min break between races once I start to roll the server back to the race track an edit the grid. We won't wait for the warmup to count down unless required.

Right.... next week please...

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:12 pm

vandem wrote: Gamuz caught up on the last lap, and wasn't so polite.
Was that before, or after you pushed him off the track at the end of the back straight?

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:15 pm

BK wrote:Do to fairness to all drivers, we can't hold up starts due to system malfunctions / errors etc. If your not in then you'll have to miss that race. There is roughly a 10 min break between races once I start to roll the server back to the race track an edit the grid. We won't wait for the warmup to count down unless required.
Yes, I thought I had 10 mins, so went to bathroom, but didnt say anything on TS, my bad..was very angry but tried hard to stay outta the way..the last thing I was gonna do was hold up other drivers a lap ahead..took a lot of self control to stay behind Vandem and lucky kept my distance when he took out Gamuz.
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

vandem
GPL luddite

Post by vandem » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:54 pm

Riftcreator wrote:
vandem wrote: Gamuz caught up on the last lap, and wasn't so polite.
Was that before, or after you pushed him off the track at the end of the back straight?
:D

Well spotted!

I reserve the right to look at the server replay before I answer that one.

Actually thought I did pretty well not to hit him broadside ...

vandem
GPL luddite

Post by vandem » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:17 pm

Sulley wrote:..the last thing I was gonna do was hold up other drivers a lap ahead..took a lot of self control to stay behind Vandem and lucky kept my distance when he took out Gamuz.
Tricky, you had enough speed to pass me but probably not enough to get a gap before you'd have been blue-flagged.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:30 pm

vandem wrote:
Sulley wrote:..the last thing I was gonna do was hold up other drivers a lap ahead..took a lot of self control to stay behind Vandem and lucky kept my distance when he took out Gamuz.
Tricky, you had enough speed to pass me but probably not enough to get a gap before you'd have been blue-flagged.
I thought about it, then decided I'd just be another car in the way so tried to stay behind you, which was difficult as I had to keep taking evasive action not to hit you..I should just slowed down further...
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"