NZrFL:28 - R1 - Laguna Seca - 15th April

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
BK

NZrFL:28 - R1 - Laguna Seca - 15th April

Post by BK » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:45 pm

Night Format:
8:00pm - Server Rolls
8.45pm Drivers Briefing on TS (no cars on the track please)
8.50pm Warm up
9.00pm Race start
2 x 35 min sprint races - Pits are open

No qualifying - Marble draw grid

Other Info:
Tyre Wear - Normal
Fuel Usage - x 3
Damage - 60%
Mechanical Failures - Normal
Flag Rules - Black Only
Driver Aids - Auto Clutch Only
Starts - Standing
Weight Handicaps - If the admin team see fit.

Race rules as per the KSR Race Rule Thread - Race rules

There are ways to gain time by cutting the track here, the Crash Committee will look at this through the replay's and if they see blatant repeat offenders the Crash Committee may impose penalties or even DQ you from that race . For simplicity, through all corners keep 2 wheels on the race track.
(The ripple strips/curbs are NOT the race track)

dsko

Re: NZrFL:28 - R1 - Laguna Seca - 15th April

Post by dsko » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:37 pm

I love Laguna Seca.
But, unfortunately I will have to miss this and the 29th race, will be off on my honeymoon.

BK

Post by BK » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:13 am

IT'S RACE DAY!

A quick drivers briefing at 8.45pm, warmup and then Race 1 :Party: :Party: :Party:

Mike

Post by Mike » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:52 pm

I won't be able to make this round unfortunately, my PC is on the fritz.

BK

Post by BK » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:42 pm

Bugger... hope you have it fixed by the next round

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:48 am

Race1: Got turfed off on the run down the hill spent all race on my own except for the last 2 laps.

Race2: its not easy at the track while reading a pager and fell off. Then I had to retire so I could fix other peoples broadband :(

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:14 am

Gutted Riven :(

I was annoyed at myself last night, I had pace, but made silly errors in both races. And totally ballsed up the pit stops.

Still, love the cars/mod, so still had fun _b _b

stevecrossland

Post by stevecrossland » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:31 am

Yes it was fun.

Race 1 I was looking good and closing in on TWL who was leading, but made a silly over correction through the fast uphill left and had a massive "snapback" moment which speared me off into the wall, causing a fair amount of damage and after pitting put me a lap down. I kept my head down & pushed, knowing that my early forced pit meant I would need a splash & dash before the end. Ended 10th I think...

Race 2, good start & fought hard to keep of with Riven until he was distracted & had to pull off track.
Towards the end of the 1st stint rifty had caught up & was right on my tail.
I dived into the pits a lap before him & took on fuel only. Next lap I passed him & had a 4 second lead. He caught & passed me, then ran off going up the hill. He caught me again in to the dying laps but made a small Error & I was able to find a little more focus & put ion some consistent fast laps to take it to the chequered ... JUST!

Good race guys, enjoyed it immensely.

BK

Post by BK » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:27 pm

Race 1: Got average start from the back and had an off at the beginning, finding myself in 11th place.
Pitted when the crew told me and come out in 2nd behind Riven. After a few more laps I realised I was in first place with Rifty closing the gap. Managed to keep the car on the black stuff and made no mistakes to take the win. :D Not often that happens...

Race 2: Started near the back again... (Will have to look at the damn random grid draw thingy :larf:) and tried to keep up with Gordon and Rifty but the pace was too much for me.

Happy with the night though

Maniak

Post by Maniak » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:14 pm

Overall, a fun night, although these cars punish mistakes .....
Race 1: Mid pack start, kept it clean in the 1st few laps and kept up with the pace most of the time. Had a clean pitstop and came out about 4th - stoked!... nursed the softs (or lack of concentration) but had to watch Riven smoke me on the last lap ..... 5th - still stoked!
Race 2: 2nd row start, on mediums, and was careful grandpa for the first few laps ..... didn't help as I hooked a wheel over the ripple strip heading into the left hander after the corkscrew, got on the sand and never had a chance before bending the front end in the wall ..... steered it half right down the straights till the pit .... 58secs later ...... and hung in down the back till the end .....oh well, next track!

Gamuz

Post by Gamuz » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:16 pm

Great fun!! First race was great for me, I could hold Rifty for 4 laps before I went to pits but I forgot to setup the pit stop so I lost a lot of time, after the pits I was keeping a good rithm until Rifty passed me and I made a couple of mistakes but luckfully could finish in third place wich is great.
On the secon race I tried to start with a full tank but the car was breaking differently and it cost me a couple of accidents until I found where to start breaking, that caused me to race alone almost the all race but at least I could finish the race.
Congratulations to BK and Steve for the victories!!!!! _b _b _b and thanks to Maniak for the setup it helped a lot cheers mate _b