NZrFL:28 - R5 - Watkins Glen - 20th May

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
BK

NZrFL:28 - R5 - Watkins Glen - 20th May

Post by BK » Tue May 13, 2014 10:35 pm

Night Format:
8:00pm - Server Rolls
8.45pm Drivers Briefing on TS (no cars on the track please)
8.50pm Warm up
9.00pm Race start
2 x 35 min sprint races - Pits are open

No qualifying - Marble draw grid

Other Info:
Tyre Wear - Normal
Fuel Usage - x 3
Damage - 60%
Mechanical Failures - Normal
Flag Rules - Black Only
Driver Aids - Auto Clutch Only
Starts - Standing
Weight Handicaps - If the admin team see fit.

Race rules as per the KSR Race Rule Thread - Race rules

There are ways to gain time by cutting the track here, the Crash Committee will look at this through the replay's and if they see blatant repeat offenders the Crash Committee may impose penalties or even DQ you from that race . For simplicity, through all corners keep 2 wheels on the race track.
(The ripple strips/curbs are NOT the race track)

BK

Re: NZrFL:28 - R5 - Watkins Glen - 20th May

Post by BK » Tue May 20, 2014 7:19 am

It's RACE DAY!

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Wed May 21, 2014 6:58 pm

A night to forget (:

zimmie10

Post by zimmie10 » Wed May 21, 2014 7:21 pm

What he said!

Yoda_NZ

Post by Yoda_NZ » Wed May 21, 2014 7:58 pm

What! it was an awesome night. Best fun yet.

R1 Forgot how many times Rifty passed me, it seemed a lot. But it came down fuel. After pitting I realized that I had not calculated how much fuel I would need correctly. 5 laps of short shifting, conserving fuel dropped me back. Then I was able to unleash the dogs of war!

Alas they were 3 legged, fat blind Corgis who had just come in from Christmas dinner. After whipping them into shape I was able to start chipping away at Gordon. It was only 1/10s a lap. Sometime his way, sometimes mine. I agonizingly closed the gap. Only to be beaten by the finish flag.

R2 Was much the same as R1 but with less passing by Rifty. Again it was fuel. I de-boosted the car during the break and planned to take on the same fuel. I was leading Gordon into the pits for fuel. He took less and exited sooner than me and I was hot on his tail. Again it was down to swapping 1/10s, but I was gaining the upper hand. Closer and closer, dodging other cars that had spun off, scything through the others. Gordon's car slowly appearing larger in my screen. Down to the last lap, last corner, but he was too good.

Looking at my fuel I has heaps left! I took on too much @#$%^!!##$#%

BK

Post by BK » Wed May 21, 2014 8:14 pm

A night to remember :D

Maniak

Post by Maniak » Wed May 21, 2014 8:34 pm

A mixed night . Started well enough but couldn't really hold the pace ..... did an extra right turn coming out of Turn 1 and bent the front end ... pushed it till the pits, repair crew took forever, the engine got a bit hot, too much jandal up the hill through the S's and pop! bugger
Race 2 was off the back of the grid and essentially spent the whole race trying to get past Danman ... catch him up in the first half the the lap ... drop a couple of 10ths down the back ...... catch him up .... lose a couple of 10ths .......get close, get excited, discover Danmans knack of making the car twice as wide and ... drop a couple of 10ths .... frustrating - but bloody good fun and excellent racing!!!