NZrFL:31 KSRetro Round1 - Teretonga

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Hugh

NZrFL:31 KSRetro Round1 - Teretonga

Post by Hugh » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:55 pm

Race Night Format:
8:00pm server rolls
8.55pm Drivers Briefing on TS (no cars on the track please)
9.00pm Race Start

3 x Races - Pits Open
Race 1 - 30 minute with pitstop
Race 2 - 20 minute with compulsory Drivethru
Race 3 - 15 minute sprint

All races have a 75% DNF threshold - no points if you don't get to that race percentage - repair your car, get your points and get seat time
Both races have cross the finish line bonuses - repair your car and/or finish for guaranteed points

Race rules as per the KSR Race Rule Thread - http://www.kiwisimracing.net.nz/forum/v ... 49&t=18354( Please make sure you have read these )

Crossing The Finish Line
When crossing the finish line, crashing your car is not acceptable and will not be tolerated any further.
Driver's are still racing and racing for position, crashing can cause frame hits for people and it is unfair to disrupt their racing.
Pull over off the track and Esc.. or drive back to the pits.. its just common courtesy.
Breaking this rule will result in points loss.

Race Settings:
Tyre Wear - Normal
Fuel Usage - Normal
Damage - 80%
Mechanical Failures - Normal
Driving View - Cockpit only
Flag Rules - Black Only
Driver Aids - Auto Clutch Only
Starts - Standing
CC is Active
Weight Handicaps - May be added if the race admin deems it necessary

Bull

Re: NZrFL:31 KSRetro Round1

Post by Bull » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:30 am

Tomorrow night is going to be interesting for me ... will be spending the day at Cup day here in Christchurch so I apologise in advance for tomorrow night!

Also I'd recommend to all to get the HUD plugin that allows you to see your engine life etc. These things are a bit of a hand grenade so it is handy seeing what your engine life is. Most of the HUD Plug-ins fill your screen with crap but can be configured to just show what you want, I've already configured one correctly so it just shows engine life but unsure if I can upload here without permission... flick me a PM if you want it :)

BK

Post by BK » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:50 am

It's RACE DAY!!

Let's go racing.... :ferrari: :honda: :lotus: :gplani: :ferrari: :lotus: :gplani: :ferrari:

Riftcreator

NZrFL:31 KSRetro Round1

Post by Riftcreator » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:16 am

Results up, excluding R2. Need to fix the positions as Hugh, myself and Gav didn't receive points when the server was rolled.

If someone could flick me the file for race 2, that would be a great help _b I've screwed mine right up trying to sort it out.

Bull

Post by Bull » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:23 am

Well I enjoyed Racing last night.

Rifty if you haven't got the file by tonight remind me and Ill send through the result file.

These provide some pretty good racing!

Race one had an awesome battle at the start with Driftking and Ggav, then the pitstops happened, jumped ahead of Shaun and somehow Hugh jumped about 8 seconds up onto my back bumper. Got a bit of a nudge while he was on cold tyres and ended up in that superglue, I mean sand trap. Ended up down the order but had some pretty awesome sideways racing with Hugh at the end of the race too.

Second Race started off the front, got a cleanish start and once Ggav caught me in the second half of the race had a good battle. Managed to get ahead of him going into the final lap and we were both pushing hard then he just dropped off - ran outta fuel! I was excited, then coming to the last corner mine ran out as well! luckily put it in neutral and had enough momentum to roll across the line.

Race 3 I hung back at the start and tried to avoid the carnage. Then lap two or three I tried doing the switch on BK just to have him also have a look up the inside at the car in front and ended up giving him a nudge (Sorry about that :( ). I ended up spinning off and came out worst for it anyway, from there was playing catch up the rest of the race, managed to get back up to 7th.

Running tyre pressures up high (Max last night) definitely seems to give these a bit of an advantage, I dropped around half a second just pumping them up and gained an extra 2km/h down the straight - Bigger tyre circumference? or better run outta the last turn, Im not sure. They do wear a little faster but it is manageable, on worn tyres at the end of the 20 minute race I was around .2 a lap slower then what I was on good, lower pressure tyres.

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:32 am

Bull wrote:
Rifty if you haven't got the file by tonight remind me and Ill send through the result file.
I've grabbed one off the server, so all sorted now. Cheers.
Just got to work out what to edit.

So far nothing is working, so I've uploaded the results for now.

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:12 am

Overall standings corrected.
Ignore the penalties Gav and myself have from race 2, and the bonus Hugh has received.

It was the only way to correct the overall standings due to missing data from the results file. (server being forced to roll while we were on the track)

From now on, can all drivers please ESC out if they run out of fuel, have an accident or blow an engine.

BK

Post by BK » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:36 pm

Bull wrote:... I tried doing the switch on BK just to have him also have a look up the inside at the car in front and ended up giving him a nudge .
All good Matt. We both saw the same gap and went for it :larf:

Had a ball last night. There was some good close racing and arse puckering moments with some brilliant passing - three wide into T1 with Colbolt, myself and Matt. I still don't know how he got through from behind to pass both Colbolt and me as I was passing Colbolt.

Bring on round 2

Riftcreator

Re: NZrFL:31 KSRetro Round1 - Teretonga

Post by Riftcreator » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:26 pm

With some help from Hugh, looks like the points are now correct.

Yoda_NZ

Post by Yoda_NZ » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:50 pm

From now on, can all drivers please ESC out if they run out of fuel, have an accident or blow an engine.
Oh how l wish l could have pressed Esc. GPU over heat and lock prevented anything. :( A word that rhymes with duck springs to mind