NZrFL:32 Europa Challenge Round1

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Hugh

NZrFL:32 Europa Challenge Round1

Post by Hugh » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:19 pm

Race Night Format:
8:00pm server rolls
8.45pm Qualifying (out lap, two flying laps, pull over and esc)
8.55pm Drivers Briefing on TS (no cars on the track please)
9.00pm Race Start

3 x Races - Pits Open
Race 1 - Grid From Qualifying - 20 minute with compulsory Drivethru(Drivethru must be done by the 5 minute warning)
Race 2 - Grid Reverse From Race1 - 20 minute with compulsory Drivethru(Drivethru must be done by the 5 minute warning)
Race 3 - Grid Reverse From Race2 - 20 minute with compulsory Drivethru(Drivethru must be done by the 5 minute warning)

(Stop/Go Penalty's for excessive racing surface violations or non redressing will be served in Race 3)

All races have a 75% DNF threshold - no points if you don't get to that race percentage - repair your car, get your points and get seat time
All races have cross the finish line bonuses - repair your car and/or finish for guaranteed points

Race rules as per the KSR Race Rule Thread - http://www.kiwisimracing.net.nz/forum/v ... 49&t=18354( Please make sure you have read these as ignorance is no excuse )

Crossing The Finish Line
When crossing the finish line, crashing your car is not acceptable and will not be tolerated any further.
Driver's are still racing and racing for position, crashing can cause frame hits for people and it is unfair to disrupt their racing.
Pull over off the track and Esc.. or drive back to the pits.. its just common courtesy.
Breaking this rule will result in points loss.

Race Settings:
Tyre Wear - Normal
Fuel Usage - Normal
Damage - 80%
Mechanical Failures - Normal
Driving View - Free
Flag Rules - Black Only
Driver Aids - Auto Clutch Only
Starts - Standing
Weight Handicaps - Round 1 - No

Hugh

Re: NZrFL:32 Europa Challenge Round1

Post by Hugh » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:51 am

Gamuz

Post by Gamuz » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:57 am

Good luck today!!! I can't be on this one, have a great race!!

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:53 pm

See you for round 2 Gamuz _b

kerryland

Post by kerryland » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:55 pm

Just watched the replay of the mess at the start of the 3rd race. Apologies to all for starting the chaos. Very annoying for me too. I'll try to improve, and will bail if "improving" doesn't seem to be possible.

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:48 pm

Points done, after some puzzled head scratching to sort a few issues (:

Looks like it could shape up to be a ripper series :D _b

Bull

Post by Bull » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:25 am

kerryland wrote:Just watched the replay of the mess at the start of the 3rd race. Apologies to all for starting the chaos. Very annoying for me too. I'll try to improve, and will bail if "improving" doesn't seem to be possible.
Don't bail! The only way you're going to improve is from racing!

I had a bit of a mixed night... first race hit a barrier on the first lap, no front aero and very bent steering for 19 minutes and 30 second sucked! A good 1.5 seconds a lap slower then usual. But on the flipside I had some great battles with Danman, think it was Maniak or Zimmie and Yoda during the race.

Second race was mid pack and just stayed low at the start, a bit of push n shove from others saw people go wide into T1 so got through cleanly. Pitted early to try get some clean air. Knew I didn't have the pace of the top 3 so when I came out ~2 secs behind Rifty knew the best I could do was maintain the gap in case he got held up or made a mistake, which to his credit he didn't.

Third race off the back was a terrible start after Obscene stalled it in front of me.... lol. Luckily that hold up actually allowed me to miss all the carnage.... I gotta say its a little disappointing to see a couple of the faster more experienced guys being so pushy on the opening laps of the reverse grid races... its just not needed. You don't need to pass everyone on the first lap, theres plenty of time for that!

Hoping to get more then 30 odd laps practise in for the next round!

Danman

Post by Danman » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:33 am

Bull wrote: .... I gotta say its a little disappointing to see a couple of the faster more experienced guys being so pushy on the opening laps of the reverse grid races... its just not needed.
Is that why you dive-bombed me into the turn 3 right hander when there were already cars spinning in front? :)

Actually it was a group effort - I came to a stop with a car sideways across me, then got collected from behind and ended up on my roof. Lucky there is nothing important in the rear of these cars! :D

ArcticBlue

Post by ArcticBlue » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:06 am

Don't give up Kerry it was really fun racing last night when there was someone doing similar lap times to me. Sorry for rear ending you in one of the races.

Vladimir

Post by Vladimir » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:11 am

Apologies for the excessively loud spectators in attendance during the first race! :larf: :o

Had been out all day and for dinner with family staying with us from Aussie so only just made it home in time to quickly setup - and even got my teamspeak going but forgot to adjust the rfactor/teamspeak volumes so I couldn't hear anything over the engine sorry.

Got a puncture in the first race from hitting tyre wall but enjoyed some fun close racing in the second race with Yimmie and Yoda.
So were we supposed to drive through in the last race? Just as I was turning in someone yelled out that we don't have to but it says so in the rules???

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:31 am

As it was the first event, and after 2 races had been run, Hugh made a decission to can the drive through for the last race.
It was announced on TS.A good decission as it gave us all an idea what these wee things are like running flat out for 20mins, and it made a nice change.

This is why it's important to be on TS, even if you have no mic.

There is always plenty of time to get prepared for race night, Hugh has the round threads up ASAP so everyone has time to read the threads, and get sorted.

Bull

Post by Bull » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:00 pm

Danman wrote:
Bull wrote: .... I gotta say its a little disappointing to see a couple of the faster more experienced guys being so pushy on the opening laps of the reverse grid races... its just not needed.
Is that why you dive-bombed me into the turn 3 right hander when there were already cars spinning in front? :)

Actually it was a group effort - I came to a stop with a car sideways across me, then got collected from behind and ended up on my roof. Lucky there is nothing important in the rear of these cars! :D
Which race was that? Third race I got stuck behind a stalled Obscene at the start and wasn't even near the pack until after all that carnage.

Bull

Post by Bull » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:01 pm

Riftcreator wrote:As it was the first event, and after 2 races had been run, Hugh made a decission to can the drive through for the last race.
It was announced on TS.A good decission as it gave us all an idea what these wee things are like running flat out for 20mins, and it made a nice change.

This is why it's important to be on TS, even if you have no mic.

There is always plenty of time to get prepared for race night, Hugh has the round threads up ASAP so everyone has time to read the threads, and get sorted.
I think it was a good decision as well (y) otherwise both races you can pass a good portion of the field just by pitting at a smart time. Having one of them as not a pitstop race means you do actually need to do some passing on the night!