NZrFL:32 Europa Challenge Round4

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Hugh

NZrFL:32 Europa Challenge Round4

Post by Hugh » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:29 pm

Race Night Format:
8:00pm server rolls
8.45pm Qualifying (out lap, two flying laps, pull over and esc)
8.55pm Drivers Briefing on TS (no cars on the track please)
9.00pm Race Start

3 x Races - Pits Open
Race 1 - Grid From Qualifying - 20 minute with compulsory Drivethru(Drivethru must be done by the 5 minute warning)
Race 2 - Grid Reverse From Race1 - 20 minute with compulsory Drivethru(Drivethru must be done by the 5 minute warning)
Race 3 - Grid Reverse From Race2 - 20 minute flat out

(Stop/Go Penalty's for excessive racing surface violations or non redressing will be served in Race 3)

All races have a 75% DNF threshold - no points if you don't get to that race percentage - repair your car, get your points and get seat time
All races have cross the finish line bonuses - repair your car and/or finish for guaranteed points

Race rules as per the KSR Race Rule Thread - http://www.kiwisimracing.net.nz/forum/v ... 49&t=18354( Please make sure you have read these as ignorance is no excuse )

Crossing The Finish Line

When crossing the finish line, crashing your car is not acceptable and will not be tolerated any further.
Driver's are still racing and racing for position, crashing can cause frame hits for people and it is unfair to disrupt their racing.
Pull over off the track and Esc.. or drive back to the pits.. its just common courtesy.
Breaking this rule will result in points loss.

Race Settings:
Tyre Wear - Normal
Fuel Usage - Normal
Damage - 80%
Mechanical Failures - Normal
Driving View - Free
Flag Rules - Black Only
Driver Aids - Auto Clutch Only
Starts - Standing

Gordon

Re: NZrFL:32 Europa Challenge Round4

Post by Gordon » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:17 am

Obsc3ne

Post by Obsc3ne » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:19 pm

Painting my car tonight, at Beach Hop next week. Will see everyone at the end of March

Danman

Post by Danman » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:50 pm

A night of close racing _b

I was surprised to see Gordon pitting in the second race with less than 5 minutes to go 8o , then really surprised to see him pit in the last race :D

I was gutted to get punted in the last race after slowing to avoid the car in front q- - it quite ruined any chance at a good finish. Drivers should expect cars to slow at slow corners - especially on the first lap of a reverse grid race!

Bull

Post by Bull » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:31 am

Yes, fully my fault Danman. I was following Seca and we were under power coming out of the corner, he swerved and before I realised why he had swerved I'd collected you :( Not much else to say other then I fluffed it up

Gordon

Post by Gordon » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:34 am

Danman wrote: I was surprised to see Gordon pitting in the second race with less than 5 minutes to go 8o , then really surprised to see him pit in the last race :D
I blame the crickets.... :rolleyes:
Obviously wasn't listening to the race admin..... o_O

Ah well, roll on next week. :shy:

Gamuz

Post by Gamuz » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:43 am

Excellent racing last night, congratulations to Matt and Hugh for the victories, I had a lot of fun, first race I got a stop n go for entering the pits too fast and from there I was alone so not that good.
Second race I suffered an outrageous accident haha naa just kidding only a minor one but I was much slower than the rest and that caused the accident.
Third race I still was much slower but I managed to stay in the top 5, I believe that I was slow but fair, never changed lines, received a little bit of tough love, my rear bumper is useless but all part of racing. Thanks to those who had patience and didn't take me out, sorry for make in it slow but I can't just move out of the way and let everybody pass.

Hugh

Post by Hugh » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:13 am

Well done everyone.
Congrats Matt, great victories.. _b
Bk, great qualifying time and race results. _b
Seca.. most entertaining exit onto front straight in Race3.. well saved mate. _b

Maniak

Post by Maniak » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:18 am

Still getting to grips with these cars, but had a fun night (mostly) anyway! Race 1 was ok, checked the grass heights on the outside of a few corners but kept it off the fences .... Race 2 was going great for about 6 corners then one of those bloody tyre bundles jumped out in front of me (as I was checking the grass height on the inside of that corner...) and wrote the right front off and set the engine on fire .... sorry for the fright Zimmie! Race 3 started pretty well, avoided the tyre bundles and only just by cm's, missed the outside of the pit wall after trying to pit...recovered from that, but then saw that I had missed the grass heights on a couple of corners, so proceeded to check those too ......

Roll on next week!
PS: the mower guy does good work, no long grass to slow down the slides at all!

Yoda_NZ

Post by Yoda_NZ » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:51 am

A good night. And for me what a difference good starts make. Awesome battle in the last race right the way through. Only to be piped at the line. Great racing.

I thought it was an interesting line that Rifty (?) took on the tight left hander in the last racing. I was surprised to see him flash passed 90 degrees to the track and everyone else. More surprised next time around to see the tire bundle still there and no debris. How did you miss everything ?

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:51 pm

Yes, it was rather interesting.

Sorry for collecting you Yoda, I was just a passenger by that stage. Tried to recover it before the corner, but failed.
Maniak wrote: PS: the mower guy does good work, no long grass to slow down the slides at all!
ahaha :D _b

Seca

Post by Seca » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:40 pm

Seca.. most entertaining exit onto front straight in Race3.. well saved mate. _b[/quote]

To be fair I have no idea how I managed to save that I guess it was dumb luck and stupidity and keeping the foot in it and hoping for the best.

Good racing in that last race guys that was some of the best racing ive seen and bein apart of in my short time racing here and hoping to do some more and sorry bout that pass on finish line yoda .... I had to give it a go and came out thinking how did I do that