NZrFL:36 COTF V8 SUPERCARS - ROUND 4 (8:45PM Qual Start)

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Riftcreator

NZrFL:36 COTF V8 SUPERCARS - ROUND 4 (8:45PM Qual Start)

Post by Riftcreator » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:18 pm

Race Night Format:
8:00pm server rolls
8.40pm Drivers Briefing on TS (no cars on the track please)
8.45pm Racing Starts - PLEASE TAKE NOTE EVERYONE!

3 x Races - Pits Open

8:45pm - Qual - 2 flying laps ONLY
You start an out lap, do 2 timed laps, then pull over out of the way and ESC out. One chance only, no restarts.
Race 1 - Grid positions from Qual - 15 minute sprint, no mandatory pit stops.
Race 2 - Reverse Top 8 - 15 minute sprint, no mandatory pit stops.
Race 3 - Reverse Grid from Race 2 position - 30 minute race, no mandatory pit stops.

To be eligible for points, you must complete 75% of the race distance.
All races have cross the finish line bonuses - repair your car and/or finish for guaranteed points.

Race rules as per the KSR Race Rule Thread.

Please hold off post race chat on TS untill the last car has crossed the line, it can be very distracting.

Race Settings:
Tyre Wear - 1X
Fuel Usage - 1x
Driving View - Free
Flag Rules - Black Only
Driver Aids - Auto Clutch Only
Starts - Standing

HaydenKirk

Re: NZrFL:36 COTF V8 SUPERCARS - ROUND 4 (8:45PM Qual Start)

Post by HaydenKirk » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:50 pm

I'm just curious on your guys thoughts on last week and Waneroo previous about lapped drivers changing lanes in an attempt to move out of the way, Me personally would rather driver to hold their line rather than swap lanes at the last minute,
Last week on the final race someone said that they would pull over the on the green light to let the field past and I think I was alongside them when the did so and it fired me into the concrete wall and was game over before T1,
I also realise I have to accept responsibilty for putting myself in that position but easing off the gas resulted in me being spun infront of the field in prior race, which is just racing I guess,
Again I'm the new guy and I'm not looking to get stuck in, I've enjoyed the races so far I just thought if we were all on the same page regarding 'giving way' would make life easier.

Bull

Post by Bull » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:49 pm

HaydenKirk wrote:I'm just curious on your guys thoughts on last week and Waneroo previous about lapped drivers changing lanes in an attempt to move out of the way, Me personally would rather driver to hold their line rather than swap lanes at the last minute,
Last week on the final race someone said that they would pull over the on the green light to let the field past and I think I was alongside them when the did so and it fired me into the concrete wall and was game over before T1,
I also realise I have to accept responsibilty for putting myself in that position but easing off the gas resulted in me being spun infront of the field in prior race, which is just racing I guess,
Again I'm the new guy and I'm not looking to get stuck in, I've enjoyed the races so far I just thought if we were all on the same page regarding 'giving way' would make life easier.
Ideally, if someone wants to pull over at the start of a reverse grid race, they should let me or whoever is running the night know, and we will just start them off the back of the grid.

Theres being courteous and being dangerous, Allowing space for a fast car without slowing down or swerving/drastic lane changing is what we would consider acceptable, but like you say swerving and potentially causing carnage or damage is not.

Growler

Post by Growler » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:21 pm

Just use real life racing rules...its up to the passing car to make the pass as cleanly and safely as possible.
The car being passed just needs to hold their line...

Bull

Post by Bull » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:24 pm

Growler wrote:Just use real life racing rules...its up to the passing car to make the pass as cleanly and safely as possible.
That is correct, I believe Hayden was asking about those who choose to pull over or allow an overlapping car past, which was the best method to do so.

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:58 pm

Growler wrote:Just use real life racing rules...its up to the passing car to make the pass as cleanly and safely as possible.
You need to state which real life racing... Some extremes out there.

In F1 the lapped cars are expected to GTFO of the way.

In American speedway it's expected that the lapped cars can and will fight NOT to be lapped.

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:34 am

Personally, I'd prefer everyone to fight for position.
Just because the guys behind are faster during a reverse grid race (or whatever reason they're down the back) doesn't mean you should just pull over and give up. Fight for the position!!

One of the best battles I've had this league was with Sulley. I had the pace to catch him, but he never gave up and made me work my ass off to get past, and it wasn't easy. When I did finally get past he took advantage of my slower corner exit speed and pulled a demon move on me fighting back at the next corner. It was bloody awesome _b

Riven and Matt have me nailed this league, but no way will I make it easy for them. Unless I screw up myself, which kinda happens more than I like -_-

If you're being lapped, then pulling over on a straight (just lift a little, no sudden braking or moves) is common courtesy and very much appreciated.

kerryland

Post by kerryland » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:48 pm

Last week on the final race someone said that they would pull over the on the green light to let the field past and I think I was alongside them when he did so and it fired me into the concrete wall and was game over before T1
Just for completeness:

I was the person beside you, but I wasn't the person who said I'd pull over on green to let the field past. I simply lost control and veered left a bit, collecting you on the way. I'll be the guy trying especially hard to stay in a straight line this week :-)

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:09 am

Seca and Growler running two wide through the second sector.