NZrFL 38: WES World Tour - Round 4

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Mike

NZrFL 38: WES World Tour - Round 4

Post by Mike » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:46 pm

Sebring International Raceway is a road course auto racing facility located near Sebring, Florida.
Sebring (pronounced "sea bring") Raceway is one of the oldest continuously-operating race tracks in the United States, its first race being run in 1950. Sebring is one of the classic race tracks in North American sports car racing, and plays host to the 12 Hours of Sebring.
The raceway occupies a portion of Sebring Regional Airport, an active airport for private and commercial traffic that was originally built as Hendricks Army Airfield, a World War II training base for the U.S. Army Air Forces.[Wikipedia]

Race Night Format:
8:00pm Server rolls
8.45pm Qualifying (out lap, two flying laps, pull over and esc)
9.00pm Race start

2 x Races - Pits Open
Race 1 - Grid From Qualifying - 20 minutes, no mandatory pit stops.
Race 2 - Grid Reverse From Race1 - 40 minutes, no mandatory pit stops.

To be eligible for points, you must complete 75% of the race distance.
All races have cross the finish line bonuses - repair your car and/or finish for guaranteed points.

Race rules as per the KSR Race Rule Thread.
Please hold off post race chat on Discord until the last car has crossed the line, it can be very distracting.

Race Settings:
Tyre Wear - 2x
Fuel Usage - 2x
Damage - 60%
Mechanical Failures - Normal
Driving View - Free
Flag Rules - Black Only
Driver Aids - Auto Clutch Only
Starts - Standing

Driver Notes:
-Although pit stops are not mandatory, you will almost certainly need to stop
-When exiting the pits you must wait until the double white lines become a single white line on the pit exit, otherwise you will feed onto the racing line at a dangerous speed.

Riftcreator

Re: NZrFL 38: WES World Tour - Round 4

Post by Riftcreator » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:34 am

Danman

Post by Danman » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:48 pm

Frustrating nights racing, got caught up in a couple of incidents, got tagged and spun at last turn... Oh well.

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:17 pm

I enjoyed last night, some good battles along the way. Coming away with a couple of 3rd places.

Didn't expect the get 3rd in Race 2, with the drinking problem the Aston has it required a full tank (90L) at the start, and a 28s pitstop to take 85L to make it to the end. But I was lucky enough to have a good buffer back to 4th.

Congrats to Matt and Riven for their win, to fast!

Murphy's Law

Post by Murphy's Law » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:04 pm

Had no pace last night, Normally im with in half a second of Matt and Riven but was about 1 to 1.5 seconds off the pace.

Spun on the last lap of race 1, droped me from 4th to 7th. Through when i hit the last lap I wasn't going to catch Rifty but in doing so lost my consentration.

Race 2 started by hitting the back of a car on the front row who had a half spin, then just battled my way to 4th, pitted and it didnt add fuel so had to make an extra stop. Ended up having a great battle with Growler and Zimmie. Was Formula Ford stuff. Great fun

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:03 pm

Murphy's Law wrote:Ended up having a great battle with Growler and Zimmie. Was Formula Ford stuff. Great fun
Heard that, I'm going to have to have a look at the replay, sounded brilliant _b

Murphy's Law

Post by Murphy's Law » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:44 pm

Riftcreator wrote:
Murphy's Law wrote:Ended up having a great battle with Growler and Zimmie. Was Formula Ford stuff. Great fun
Heard that, I'm going to have to have a look at the replay, sounded brilliant _b
Might upload it to youtube haha