NZrFL47: Formula Renault

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Mike

Re: NZrFL47: Formula Renault

Post by Mike » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:02 pm

Cheers everyone who took part in this league. The racing was absolutely brilliant. The aero effects really pulled the pack together. Any overtake had to be well thought out, and any mistakes were punished massively. It's a shame a few people wrote these cars off immediately due to them being open-wheelers, because honestly this league had some of the funnest racing I've had here.

Big thanks to Ob and Matt for organizing, and thanks to Riven and Inspire for hosting.

Erik

Post by Erik » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:22 pm

Do we know when the final results will be uploaded onto the points site? I'm quite curious to see what the final standings are!

Bull

Post by Bull » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:45 pm

Erik wrote:Do we know when the final results will be uploaded onto the points site? I'm quite curious to see what the final standings are!
Ask Rifty.

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:32 pm

Bull wrote:
Erik wrote:Do we know when the final results will be uploaded onto the points site? I'm quite curious to see what the final standings are!
Ask Rifty.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Erik

Post by Erik » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:16 pm

I made third! 8o :eek: :crazy:

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:54 pm

Mike wrote:It's a shame a few people wrote these cars off immediately due to them being open-wheelers, because honestly this league had some of the funnest racing I've had here.
it's odd how everyone is different ...

Mike

Post by Mike » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:00 pm

Riftcreator wrote:
Mike wrote:It's a shame a few people wrote these cars off immediately due to them being open-wheelers, because honestly this league had some of the funnest racing I've had here.
It wasn't directed at anyone in particular. Merely that the numbers were lower than usual, and historically we've had lower numbers in this community in open wheelers. I think a few people who dismissed them by their nature may have actually enjoyed the racing, is all.

Bull

Post by Bull » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:08 pm

Mike wrote:
Riftcreator wrote:
It wasn't directed at anyone in particular. Merely that the numbers were lower than usual, and historically we've had lower numbers in this community in open wheelers. I think a few people who dismissed them by their nature may have actually enjoyed the racing, is all.
Well said Mike, I'm not much of a fan of open wheelers myself but that was some of the most enjoyable racing I have had on rFactor 2 since we've been running it _b

And a big well done to ERIK on taking 3rd on the podium!! The time you have put into practising and learning these cars and tracks throughout the league thoroughly deserves the podium placing.

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:35 pm

Mike wrote:
Riftcreator wrote:
I know that Mike. And I should have posted something a bit more clear regarding what I was meaning other than that vague comment.

At the end of the day Open Wheel mods fail at KSR, most just don't want to race that style of car, regardless if it's good or not, or if the racing could be close. Number don't lie, which is why we didn't run them for years.

I did hope it wold work though, the mod choice was great _b Never cool seeing numbers so so low on race nights.
Bull wrote:I'm not much of a fan of open wheelers myself but that was some of the most enjoyable racing I have had on rFactor 2 since we've been running it _b
I assumed you would have been, considering your Karting background.

Bull

Post by Bull » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:31 pm

Karting is still mechanical grip, open wheelers which rely on aero grip throw me a little.

Erik

Post by Erik » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:57 am

Thanks for the kind words Matt! The practice may have seemed a little excessive but having only started racing late last year when I joined KSR, most of the tracks are completely new to me!

And so are the cars, I really like this shorter league format where we get to race different cars and tracks. I'm very keen to see what will be coming next!

kerryland

Post by kerryland » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:18 pm

Now I feel guilty :-(

My biggest problem with KSR (apart from the fact I can't get rfactor2 to work with my wheel) is that the racing starts too late for me. I'm normally in bed at 9pm because I get up at 5am, and if I don't get a good sleep I am grumpy the next day.

Is there any appetite for earlier starts?