NZ Vs Aus 2006

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
TonyG

Post by TonyG » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:53 am

It was definitely a much beter event than the previous 2, there didn't seem to be many incidents apart from a bit of bad luck in a couple of cases, probably due to everyone wanting the event to be a success and the track being wide enough to accommodate a few "misjudgements" :D

I qualified in the top twenty in the first go and then my pedals went and I qualified 39th the second time, lucky really as it gave me time to recalibrate :)
The drafting was great and team co-operation top notch, steady pitstops put me up the front so was quite happy to come home in the lead bunch.

Congrats to Flyboy and the Aussie organisers for a good event _b

]-[ITMAN

Post by ]-[ITMAN » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:34 pm

And what exactly was Dan's advice? :)

Once you guys took control of that low line, it was always going to be an up hill struggle. We really should have kept our lead guys nailed to that yellow line and not done the usual thing and get into formation early...

Very clean race, probably too clean, how's Prom going to make a highlight movie from that.

*Don't answer that question, cause I already know the answer, just like the previous screenies* :)

It's 2 months to the next one isn't it? ;)

Wood

Post by Wood » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:08 pm

]-[ITMAN wrote:And what exactly was Dan's advice? :)

How to activate the hax, why do you think we reset the server? :p

Really? - Go to the end of the straight and turn left ;p
Brake on the straight before it's too late.

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:11 am

As Captain of Team Oz...
and on behalf of Team Australia i would like to congratulate Team New Zealand on there victory in Saturdays race..great racin and great team work netted you guys the win _b

Shame about the server problems because i think things would have been alot closer at the end ..but ive been there done that so shite happens :cool:

A big thanks to Justin for doing the leg work this side of the Tasman and i can tell ya from all the positive feed back from my team that we Aussies want another crack at ya

cheers
Mal Lancaster..Team Australia

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:00 am

Thanks Mal and all the Team Australia guys for the great race. The teams appeared pretty evenly matched to me and I don't mind admitting we were pretty nervous going into the race, especially missing 3 of our top league drivers from the lineup. The Kiwi's were I believe a little lucky that you guys chose that early high line and I believe that was what gave us the advantage but once we had that advantage it was team work and some really great drafting the helped retain the advantage and carry us through to the win. It was noted that the lead group was pulling away from the main chasing Aussie group but with a few of our guys a little slow in the pits the faster guys backed off and waited for them to join the pack again and away we went. We lost quite a bit of time on the chasing Aussies during those pit stops but stretched the gap back out because we drafted well as a group. Whilst frustrating for the guys who pitted well, backing off was well worth it for the team because of the ground made as a larger drafting group. I believe this played a major role in winning as a team.

Please accept my apologies for the server reset after the first qual, I was the one who put the settings in and have no idea how I ticked yellows on, I have not done that before and I set it up every week for our two leagues. As it turned out one of your guys (the pole guy I think it was) couldn't get in for some reason so we would have had to reset anyway, and as you can imagine it would be pointless ticking yellows so we could have a restart because that could have quite easily hurt us as well. What did happen while I was putting all the settings in again for the race Dan was telling everyone how he did his qual and consequently everyone followed his advice and got better times. I myself went from 34th qual in the first go to 17th in the second so it really was top advice.

Thanks to Flyboy and all the guys on your side for their effort and time setting this up and thanks to InSPire Net for the server again. Looking forward to the next one and the possibility of a trans tasman PCC clash as well.
Inspector

---

Noon416

Post by Noon416 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:26 am

Inspector wrote:... Please accept my apologies for the server reset after the first qual ...
he he, where have we seen this before... ;p

Sounds like a great race was had, I'm very much looking forward to watching it via replay. :)
Congratulations to both teams on a great effort, it seems this series is getting more solid & more challenging with each race. _b

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:18 am

Video being made as we speak _b (well I've done the opening sequence and the start of the race)
YouTube videos

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:18 pm

It was a great race and I would have had a great finish; Top 10 guaranteed, if it was not for the black flag, just a mistake on my part, but it was good to lead the front train to the 1st pit stop in my last race with the Kiwi's.

It was been an enjoyable 7 seasons and I wish I could run more. I hope you have learned as much from this American and I have learned for the Kiwis and some Aussies.
Odie

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:25 pm

Prometheus wrote:Video being made as we speak _b (well I've done the opening sequence and the start of the race)
Hopefully you can have it done this week ;)
Odie

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:10 pm

Goodluck Odie _b

Well done to Flyboy for all your effort.

Well done Team New Zealand :)

looks like Bazzil & Happy will find it hard to break into the kiwi's team for the next race :P
Wah Wah Wah

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:48 am

Just an update, I've recorded everything for race coverage, just need a moment to slap it all together.

edit : fully cut, just rendering it at the moment, then I need to slap some gfx on it and dig out some groovy music. So should be ready tmrw sometime with luck. Luck, whe-hey, sounds exactly the samfe as f-
YouTube videos

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:43 pm

Please accept my apologies for the server reset after the first qual
Sweet mate..no dramas this end

cya guys at the next race

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:50 pm

almost forgot

Some times when resetting the servers (could be a default setting or game bug) the server reticks the yellow flags box