Round 1 of the KSR Grand Prix series and we're over in Turkey.
The track was opened in 2005 primarily to host F1 races. It's most famous for Turn 8 which is a multi-apex sweeping left hander. When the 2020 cars visit in real life later this year it will probably be flat without issue, but it's a different proposition in race cars from a by-gone era.
Race Night Schedule (NZT):
[20:00] - Official Practice
[21:00] - Qualifying (fully open session, everyone on track at once and unlimited laps)
[21:15] - Warmup & driver briefing
[21:20] - Race Start (50 minute timed race)
- 1 x Fuel (as above - there is no refueling)
- 1 x Tyres
- 2 x Road Progression
- CPS's - You must run both versions of the race tyre (Soft & Hard) and cannot change tyres on the last lap of the race. (this does not mean that a single stop strategy will be fastest)
- The Qualifying tyre is banned for the race, but available for use during qualifying.
- Auto Clutch & Auto Blip - I highly recommend turning auto clutch on due to the possibility of stalling.
- Traction Control Allowed - Due to the difficulty to drive I'm allowing traction control
- No Black flags
- 75% damage
- Mechanical Failures - Off
- Type of start - Standing
As we have turned off black flags, this has the impact of having no enforceable pit lane speed limit. So, you can speed as you see fit through pit-lane.