NZrFL 59: KSR Grand Prix Championship - Round 3 - Zandvoort

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Obsc3ne

NZrFL 59: KSR Grand Prix Championship - Round 3 - Zandvoort

Post by Obsc3ne » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:50 am

Round 3 of the KSR Grand Prix series and we're in Europe and newly configured Zandvoort

Race Night Schedule (NZT):
[20:00] - Official Practice
[21:00] - Qualifying (fully open session, everyone on track at once and unlimited laps)
[21:15] - Warmup & driver briefing
[21:20] - Race Start (50 minute timed race)

Race Settings
  • 1 x Fuel (as above - there is no refueling)
  • 1 x Tyres
  • 2 x Road Progression
  • CPS's - You must run both versions of the race tyre (Soft & Hard) and cannot change tyres on the last lap of the race. (this does not mean that a single stop strategy will be fastest)
  • The Qualifying tyre is banned for the race, but available for use during qualifying.
  • Auto Clutch & Auto Blip - I highly recommend turning auto clutch on due to the possibility of stalling.
  • Traction Control Allowed - Due to the difficulty to drive I'm allowing traction control
  • No Black flags
  • 75% damage
  • Mechanical Failures - Off
  • Type of start - Standing
Special Note
As we have turned off black flags, this has the impact of having no enforceable pit lane speed limit. So, you can speed as you see fit through pit-lane.

I noticed a few people did not have auto-clutch on when looking at the results. To confirm, in every other session you will be able to manually start these if you stall, however in the race you will not be able to.

I've added this in the car selection thread, but the McLaren has an issue, so we won't be able to use it on our race nights. This is a shame considering the Kiwi heritage of the team and the drivers included in the 91' edition, but not racing at all would be worse.

The first corner here is essentially a hairpin, so practice cold tyres and heavy fuel so we don't get some murders on lap 1.

Yoda_NZ

Re: NZrFL 59: KSR Grand Prix Championship - Round 3 - Zandvoort

Post by Yoda_NZ » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:12 pm

Any chance of setting the server to this track please?

Chomp

Post by Chomp » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:35 pm

Hi guys, Yoda and I jumped on today to get the feel for it.

I know a lot of you dont run open wheelers as your main car so I thought it might help if I took a video of a lap. It wont be the fastest lap you will see this week but may help some of your a few seconds off the pace to see where to gain it.. There is certainly more time to be gained, a few corners to master but at least this will show you this track with the car we are running.

Sorry the pedal info is just out of view for a lot if it!

done at 10am, road rubber saturated. Default setup other than 19L and Q tires

Obsc3ne

Post by Obsc3ne » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:37 am

Even a view of VR shows how cool these things would be in VR!

Chomp

Post by Chomp » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:15 pm

Yeah, good fun. I ditched my triples 6 years ago after getting a dk2 and been using it in iracing and others since.

Some people say they dont like to feel closed off, away from their family and not seeing whats going on. yeah, well, second best thing about it really :)

Erik

Post by Erik » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:39 am

That was some solid racing tonight, great fun! And very well done by Viking, stepping in for Obsc3ne to host tonight's racing. Congratulations to Chomp for winning and to MMJ and Paul for their podiums. (I hope I got that right from memory, as the results still need uploading to the points site :D )

Obsc3ne

Post by Obsc3ne » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:22 am

Points are done, well done Chomp on the win.

Many thanks for Viking for taking over at pretty short notice as well.