1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 7608
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:12 am
- Location: Christchurch
Daytona Prototypes were once the cream of the crop of racing in America. Racing at tracks like, well obviously, Daytona Road, as well as Laguna Seca, Watkins Glen, Mid Ohio and Sebring in the Rolex Sports Car Series, they provided America with great LMP-Style racing in their own backyard.
The Riley MK XX was one of the most popular, and successful cars on the grid during its tenure in the series. Luckily for us, iRacing has this vehicle available for us - and the better news - its a freebie!
We take this vehicle to three of iRacing's popular Road Oval courses - cause what sums up racing in America better, than racing on a makeshift road course on a oval track?
Car: [Legacy] Riley MK XX Prototype
[21/01] - Round 1 - Charlotte 2018 - Road Oval
[28/01] - Round 2 - Indianopolis - Indycar Oval
[04/02] - Round 3 - Daytona 2008 - Road Course
Please note: Round 2 is not a free track - this track will need to be purchased in order to race
and it is very likely we will use it again later this year in our annual simdy event
- 15 Minute Open Qualifying Session
- 1x 90 Minute Feature Race
- Starting Fuel Load for the Main Race: 50L** Subject to change based on fuel usage at each circuit
- 2 Compulsory Pit Stops
- 1 new Tyre Set Available
- Fixed Setup
We will have 2x iRacing $20 Gift Cards up for grabs in this series!
- 1x Gift Card will be randomly drawn - all you need to enter is to compete in all three rounds!
- 1x Gift Card will be given to a 'Most Improved/Impressive Driver' of the series, at discretion of the admin team!
... so on
- Standard iRacing Rules
- Local Yellow Flags for heat
- 30x Penalty, 40x DQ
- Kiwi Sim Racing's Racing Rules
- Voice Comm's - Discord is heavily encouraged for all communications during the night - Kiwi Sim Racing Discord Invite Link
Race Night Schedule:
[19:45] - Session Goes Live
[20:10] - Drivers Briefing
[20:15] - Qualifying
[20:30] - Racing Commences
Haven't got iRacing??
As most know, iRacing is a subscription based racing sim that has a heap of pay to use content. The fortunate thing, is there is also a heap of FREE content available to race with, just from the base subscription.
How to join? The good news is, iRacing is currently doing 50% off on all new memberships!
iRacing has its own in-built livery creator for each car where you can choose from a range of decals and styles, colour combinations, rim colours and number styles, all for free.
On top of this, custom skins are supported via the Trading Paints website & app available Here
Once registered and the app is downloaded, you can browse from 1000's of user created skins, upload your own, or choose from many of the Kiwi Sim Racing liveries already done - our Kiwi Sim Racing showroom is available Here